PDA

View Full Version : I received a surprise today...

SadButGrateful
03-07-2012, 07:41 PM
I received a letter today from the Director of The School of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis to let me know that Rusty's vet, the Orange Villa Vet Hospital, made a financial donation to their Center for Companion Animal Health Memorial fund... in memory of Rusty! What a nice gesture...it really touches me!

Freedom
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Aw, what a lovely thing to do! Very nice, don't believe I've ever heard of a vet doing this.

cassiesmom
03-07-2012, 07:50 PM
What a nice thing to do!

Cataholic
03-07-2012, 08:11 PM
That is very nice. When my mom's little kitten, Gracie, passed away after a spay (she had an undetected heart condition), the vets did that, too. It was touching.

SadButGrateful
03-07-2012, 08:22 PM
I am blown away...it made me cry! Knowing the way they are though, very kind and caring with all their furry patients, I doubt it was just in Rusty's name. They probably included all the beloved pets that passed recently. But the letter I got didn't mention anyone else, only him, and it was mailed to me here at home straight from the university, the vet never let me know about this. This is one letter I'm going to keep and treasure, along with the beautiful card they sent me when he passed. I still miss him so-o-o-o much, but don't we all miss our furry friends...
I was blessed to have found such good care for Rusty at the end.

Karen
03-07-2012, 09:11 PM
How nice of them!

phesina
03-08-2012, 04:32 AM
How lovely of them.

catmandu
03-08-2012, 09:18 AM
That is quite a grand gesture on your Vet's part.
And Rusty Angel:love: will apreciate that other Pets will have extra funds in his name.:love:
Our Animal Welfare Society had always done that for Our Found Cat Angels and Sandra and Barry have had Roccas name on a stone, via the Dogs for the Deaf.
This gives us a good feeling:love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-09-2012, 12:57 AM
How nice.:) After my RB Sunny passed away I also received a very nice letter and my veterinary hospital did the same thing. Sunny was also an orangie.:)

carole
03-10-2012, 02:53 AM
What an awesome gesture, i know it made you sad , but i am sure proud as well, take care and HUGS.
:love::love:

sasvermont
03-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Nice. My vet does the same thing, when a pet departs and you have been her client. It is very heart warming. A truly fine gesture. Sorry to hear about your pet passing. It is never a good time but sometimes things can feel lighter with just a small effort from someone outside the pain.

:love:

AvaJoy
03-12-2012, 09:42 AM
What a lovely gesture! I would also cherish that letter. My vet always sends a sympathy card when one of our cats has passed, but considering the money we spend on maintaing our cats' health, it would be a nice token of appreciation for the vet to donate to a feline hospital in the deceased cat's name. I know I would shed a tear and also think the world of my vet's generosity.