PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #472 Chocoholics UNITE!

Lady's Human
03-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Well, just made a Denver Chocolate pudding, it's sitting waiting to be eaten...

To stay true to the theme, I brought a bottle of Godiva chocolate liqueur for everyone.

Just seems like a nice night to sit by the fire and pig out on some chocolate. Any takers?

Karen
03-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh, yes, I had been planning on making some for potluck last weekend, but as my body was at war with food at that point, I didn't. So some Denver Chocolate Pudding for me, please!

For those not in the know, it's not a pudding, per se, it's this amazing brownie-like concoction that gets a crust on top and forms it's own fudge sauce just below the surface. Yummmmmmmmmm!

Lady's Human
03-08-2012, 05:03 AM
One Denver Chocolate pudding for the mayor!

How about some chocolate croissants and mocha for breakfast? While chocolate omelets are possible, they've never been high on my list. We could do Crepes with chocolate sauce, though.

Queen of Poop
03-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Oh, I'd love a white hot chocolate this morning!!

smokey the elder
03-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Maybe some coffee with a splash of Godiva (hey it's 5:00 somewhere!:D) Thanks!

Lady's Human
03-08-2012, 07:47 AM
One white hot chocolate and one coffee spiked with Godiva......

In the words of our esteemed barkeep, DONE!

Pinot's Mom
03-08-2012, 08:39 AM
I'll have some of that Chocolate Pudding, thanks! ...brought some fresh coffee...anyone need a warm up?

happylabs
03-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Oh, yes, I had been planning on making some for potluck last weekend, but as my body was at war with food at that point, I didn't. So some Denver Chocolate Pudding for me, please!

For those not in the know, it's not a pudding, per se, it's this amazing brownie-like concoction that gets a crust on top and forms it's own fudge sauce just below the surface. Yummmmmmmmmm!

Oh MY goodness! Would you be willing to share this recipe? It sounds amazing!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Fill er up, please!!! (opens mouth wide)

anything chocolate will do!!! :love:

Karen
03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Oh MY goodness! Would you be willing to share this recipe? It sounds amazing!!!

Sure, and all the ingredients are likely stuff you've already got on hand, so it's quick and easy!

Denver Chocolate Pudding (from a previous edition of the Fannie Farmer Cookbook)

Sift Together:
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

Melt Togther
1 square of dark chocolate
2 tablespoons butter

Put in a mixing bowl, and add:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

then stir in the dry ingredients.

Butter/grease an 8-inch square pan, spread the batter in the bottom.

Then scatter over the top:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa

Don't stir it in, or anything, just pour

1 1/2 cups (cooled) coffee or water

over the tops. Yup it will look messy, don't worry about it.

Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes. Then remove from oven and let it cool at least a bit so you don't burn your mouth - it'll smell wonderful and you'll be tempted, but do let it cool a teeny bit at least!

I sometimes package this up as all the dry ingredients in one bag, the right amount of butter, the sprinkle ingredients in another ziplock, and put it in a new square baking dish to leave for new moms with an instruction card as an easy welcome home dessert. After all, one really can always use another 8-inch square pan, right?

happylabs
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks Karen! When you say dark chocolate, do you mean the unsweetened?

Lady's Human
03-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Dark Chocolate=the unsweetened baker's chocolate. If you use Cocoa powder instead of the baker's chocolate, use 1Tbsp additional butter and 3 Tbsp of cocoa powder.

Not chocolate, but if anyone wants some fish chowdah, it's in the pot on the bar, complete with tryed out pork fat bits to use as seasoning. (use the pork fat to saute the onions and peppers in)

Karen
03-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I'll have some fish chowders, thanks, just the thing for a Saturday lunch, with oyster crackers, too!

sana
03-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Made some hot chocolate today! :D And ate some chocolate cookies..and then more chocolatey stuff..and already had some chocolate in the morning..had a lot of chocolate today! :p

Lady's Human
03-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Made some hot chocolate today! :D And ate some chocolate cookies..and then more chocolatey stuff..and already had some chocolate in the morning..had a lot of chocolate today! :p

One chocolate buffet it is! :p

Karen
03-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Love some asparagus in the spring! Gonna try some roasted in the oven for once, have a chunk of chicken going in, so might as well! I'll share if it comes out good!

smokey the elder
03-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Have you ever had asparagus eggs Benedict? That is a staple at New England diners in the spring!

Pinot's Mom
03-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Have you ever had asparagus eggs Benedict? That is a staple at New England diners in the spring!

That sounds wonderful! :)

I had regular eggs benedict at a New England Inn last week - does that count?

Karen
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM

I have not, but asparagus on toast was a spring staple growing up! And I am afraid the time for me being able to have anything Benedict is over, as Hollandaise has lemon juice in it, which I am horribly allergic to!

But the oven roasted asparagus worked fine, which was cool, never gone it that way!

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Ymmmmmm! I need a hot cocoa as the office is a little chilly today and maybe some chocolate mini Easter eggs. Like the Cadbury mini eggs.

Pinot's Mom
03-13-2012, 05:04 PM
It's 83F here at the moment; hot chocolate does not sound appropriate. How about a chocolate martini?

Karen
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Wow, or how about "frozen hot chocolate" for you? That's a silly term DD uses for their "frozen cappuccino"-like drink they serve in hot weather, why they leave the "hot" in the middle of the term, instead of saying "iced chocolate" or something, I'll never know! ;)

RICHARD
03-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Stopping in to check things out......

I am on a wi-fi connection and I do not have the patience for pages to load, so I have been taking a timeout from posting.

--------------

I think I would like a Peppermint Patty, sugar free of course.

How's about a green chile casserole for dinner tonight.

Also, what is this March Madness thing I have stumbled upon?

DONE?

pomtzu
03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
And speaking of chocolate..............

Has anyone tried the new(?) Philadelphia brand chocolate/cream cheese spread? It comes in white, milk, and dark chocolate. I'm no chocoholic, but this stuff is addictive. My DIL likes to spread it on toast, but I can just eat it by the spoonful right out of the container. Yum - yum - yum!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
03-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Next round of chocolate is on me.

Just got a new roof put on my back porch this morning. It blew off last week. Nope, no tornado, just an average KS 50mph wind gust or several over a few days made it give up the Ghost. :D:love:

Karen
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM

Has anyone tried the new(?) Philadelphia brand chocolate/cream cheese spread? It comes in white, milk, and dark chocolate. I'm no chocoholic, but this stuff is addictive. My DIL likes to spread it on toast, but I can just eat it by the spoonful right out of the container. Yum - yum - yum!! :D

I have seen ads for it but have not tried it yet ... or read the label to see if it is Karen-safe! Sounds yummy, in any case!

Pinot's Mom
03-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Stopping in to check things out......

I am on a wi-fi connection and I do not have the patience for pages to load, so I have been taking a timeout from posting.

--------------

I think I would like a Peppermint Patty, sugar free of course.

How's about a green chile casserole for dinner tonight.

Also, what is this March Madness thing I have stumbled upon?

DONE?

Come on - never heard of March Madness?! REALLY? Or are you pulling my leg?

I haven't tried it yet - sounds really good! Anything white and/or really dark chocolate is good!:D

Karen
03-15-2012, 08:05 AM

Okay, I have a coupon, and so based on your recommendation, when I was at the grocery store last night I though - maybe I will try it! Or at least see if it's safe - and it must be popular, all the dark and milk chocolate ones were gone, just white chocolate left. I'll wait for chocolatier ones to be restocked - but the white chocolate, at least, was Karen-safe, so that's a hopeful sign!

pomtzu
03-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Okay, I have a coupon, and so based on your recommendation, when I was at the grocery store last night I though - maybe I will try it! Or at least see if it's safe - and it must be popular, all the dark and milk chocolate ones were gone, just white chocolate left. I'll wait for chocolatier ones to be restocked - but the white chocolate, at least, was Karen-safe, so that's a hopeful sign!

Well that's good news that it's Karen-safe. I have the milk chocolate right now, but want to try the others too. I was thinking of ways to eat it last night - a dollop on a big strawberry, on apple slices, on a brownie, like some people like frosting on brownies. More suggestions are welcome! :)

Karen
03-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Well that's good news that it's Karen-safe. I have the milk chocolate right now, but want to try the others too. I was thinking of ways to eat it last night - a dollop on a big strawberry, on apple slices, on a brownie, like some people like frosting on brownies. More suggestions are welcome! :)

Spread some on graham cracker and pretend it's chocolate cheesecake.

mrspunkysmom
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Oh, chocolate is Safe for Anne, too. Usually white chocolate has other stuff, so I stick with milk chocolate or dark chocolate. I can have Reeses' piece, too.