PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Kallie Update #20

mrspunkysmom
03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Here she is, in the back bedroom where I kept Bertie/Bella. She seems to be sleeping right now but she is really making biscuits. She probably will sleep a lot now. If I recall, Jane slept for two days after I rescued her.

She really liked my friend Tiffany. She's not as stressed as she could be and she's purring, too.

I decided to bring her inside because she crosses the road from the woods to see me whenever I go outside or get home.

Isn't she beautiful and is very adoptable?

Roxyluvsme13
03-06-2012, 09:13 PM
She is beautiful :love: Calicos are my favorite. I hope that she's easy to find a home for, I agree with you though, she seems very adoptable :)

sallyandsnowx
03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
She is gorgeous! I'm sure she will find a home in no time!

By the way, I've always loved the name Callie for calicos. Suits them well. :)

Karen
03-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Hello, Callie, pretty as a Calla Lilly! Enjoy you nice soft bed for a good long sleep, you've landed in a good spot, and only good things will happen now!

Catty1
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM
What a beautiful girl! Callie, you enjoy a good long nap on your full tummy. You'll have a wonderful furrever home in no time.

Is Sam behaving ok? And the other kitties?

cassiesmom
03-06-2012, 10:05 PM
She is very beautiful! Welcome, Callie!

kuhio98
03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Welcome, beautiful girl. Rest easy now. You're going to have a wonderful life.

phesina
03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
What a pretty girl! Love to you, little Callie.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
03-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I can't hear my phone ring in my pockets, but I can hear her mew at the other end of the house and with the TV going. I tell you this was the right time.

mrspunkysmom
03-06-2012, 10:45 PM
What a beautiful girl! Callie, you enjoy a good long nap on your full tummy. You'll have a wonderful furrever home in no time.

I'll answer here, too. Spunky is curled on the couch. Emily is in her tree by the food table. Sam is in his bed behind my laptop. (He likes this spot. He gets plenty of scritches here.) Bob and probably Jane are in my bedroom on the bed. Or looking at Callie.

Well, I'll amend that. Jane is at my feet. She likes feet.

My kitties have the normal sibling rivalry and fussing. Other than that, they get along. If Callie doesn't fuss, they won't. For the most part. If she stays, she might get punked out once or twice by Sam and if she conforms, he'll leave her alone. I hope she gets a good home through the store. She wants to be held a lot so far. I'll never get anything done with all of these Velcro kitties.

Spunky is a non-conformist and Emily is too old to care what Sam thinks, so she does get picked on. And lots of rescue luvies.

mrspunkysmom
03-06-2012, 10:46 PM

It's helpful when your friends like cats, too. That's not always been the case.

happylabs
03-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Oh my goodness, I agree with everyone else...beautiful, gorgeous, pretty. What a nice coat she has. Bless you for bringing her in. It sounds like it was meant to be. Can't wait to hear more about her and see more pics.

catmandu
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Awww, your Little Guest looks so very happy on her bed.:):love:
We pray that there will be a FurrEver Home in her future:love::)

smokey the elder
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
What a beautiful cat!

mrspunkysmom
03-07-2012, 08:37 PM
She seems to be doing okay today. Hasn't eaten much. She pooped once last night right after I poofed her and not in the box. Fortunately it was solid. However, I don't smell anything in the room.

She does love attention and will be a Velcro kitty.

I might try giving her some real meat and some broth tonight to entice her to drink some fluids. She doesn't need to be sick along with unsure of her surroundings.

The spay and shots are next Tuesday. I don't want to wait, but the clinic has been busy because of the spay/neuter specials they have been having.

Scooter's Mom
03-07-2012, 09:59 PM
She is very pretty! Glad she's got somewhere warm to "hang out".

mrspunkysmom
03-08-2012, 09:45 AM
She used the litter box last night. Yippee! Really likes chicken.

krazyaboutkatz
03-09-2012, 12:53 AM
She sure is gorgeous.:) I hope that she'll receive a clean bill of health and won't be found pregnant and that her spay will go well too.:)

Randi
03-09-2012, 07:26 AM
What a gorgeous girl she is, and her coat is beautiful. So glad you took her inside. She seems to enjoy the soft bed and it's wonderful she gets along with the others. :)

Hope she'll find a loving forever home. :love:

mrspunkysmom
03-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Well, Kallie was already spayed, so I only had to pay for the shots. The tech spelled it "Kallie" and I decided I liked it. She's walking around right now, a little wobbly. I'll report more later.

The way I figure, she was roaming around for two months, living in the woods and eating my food, so she's mine. She wanted in my house. So she's mine.

Did I say she's mine!?

mrspunkysmom
03-13-2012, 09:09 PM
So she's back in the room but the door in open. Jane was in there with her for a while. After I cleaned the poop box, Jane used it, making her mark. Bob is sitting in a box by me feet by the compter (I thought it was Sam at first) and Emily is in the kitchen as usual. Sam is on his green tree by the TV. Jane is on the short tree in the front hallway.

Spunky must be in the back with Kallie. Kallie and Spunky rubbed noses and rubbed against each other. Spunky wasn't impressed. Spunky does sleep on my bed sometimes.

So far so good. No growling or hissing by anyone with regards to Kallie. Sam did hiss at Spunky, but that's normal.

mrspunkysmom
03-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Still good. Kallie's sitting in the window. The "others" have visited the litter box in her room, so I need to clean it again.

She's enjoying eating royally, and hasn't acted like she wants out. When she was outside she kept looking around as if expecting to come get her. She acted guarded during most of her feeding times. I haven't seen that in my place. She's still eating in the back room.

Yesterday I stopped by the store on the way home with her to introduce her my friends at the pet store. I held her in my arms and she was just fine.

Last night I brought her out to the living room and held her a bit. I put her on the couch and she explored. No issues. I went back to the bedroom and called her and she came back to the room. She is clearly comfortable in that room.

No hissing or other issues and all seems quiet on the Southern front. This is what I like.

I wanted a 6th cat months ago and was set to adopt one that was amiable when he was adopted by someone else and I ended up fostering Bertie. However I do like the 3 guys and 3 girls thing. For a gal, Kallie is laid back.

So I have 3 irascible kitties, one male and 1 female, and 4 laid-back kitties, 2 males and two females. It's a good mix.

For those of you that have more experience introducing kitties, I'd like your input. Sam was a kitten, no problem. Jane was young and after sleeping for two days, no problem. Emily, bob, and Kallie, have all reacted differently. I know they have purrsonalities like we do; I'm just interested in your stories.

Stay tuned for updates and pictures.

Roxyluvsme13
03-14-2012, 10:49 AM
When we introduced Domino to the household, Tallulah wasn't happy, but eventually he grew on her. Tallulah's kind of a jerk anyway, so she still only tolerates him, but there aren't too many tiffs. Bella, on the other hand, :rolleyes:. Dommie is having a royal fit over her being in the house, but I mean, if you supervise and let them meet through a gate then gradually let them be around each other, they usually chill out unless they're weird :p. That's always been my experience.

So miss Kallie was already spayed? That's good! I'm glad she's staying because I certainly want more pictures of her pretty little calico face :)

mrspunkysmom
03-14-2012, 12:23 PM
So miss Kallie was already spayed? That's good! I'm glad she's staying because I certainly want more pictures of her pretty little calico face :)

Well, I have issues with spaying and then letting them roam. She doesn't act feral, but today she indicated she wanted outside. She may have originally been inside during the night and outside during the day but now they don't let her in at all. Or she was dropped off. The last few weeks she we at my porch within a few minutes of my arriving home. She was hanging out in the woods. One time she went through the horse pasture, but I didn't see her final destination.

I quit feeding regularly for a few weeks and she lost weight, so I started feeding her again. They drive very fast along this road although the speed limit is 25 so she could have become roadkill at any time.

I think I am justifying "poofing" her when I know she was homeless.

And yes, she is beautiful and sweet.

Catty1
03-14-2012, 08:35 PM
By the way....did you say she was yours? :D:p:)

mrspunkysmom
03-14-2012, 09:45 PM
By the way....did you say she was yours? :D:p:)

LOL Let me see? :confused: :confused:

Yes, I did. :D :love: :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she was already spayed and in good health.:) I'm also glad that the introductions have been going well too.:) Maybe some of your cats are now getting used to new arrivals in your home so it's not such a big deal any more like it was at first. I know that my Storm has seen so many cats come and go that it's not as big of a deal for a newbie to be brought into my home any more. My females still don't like Alani & Blaze though and I've had them since they were about 10 weeks old. They'll soon be 2 years old. If one of them even looks at Ziggy from across the room, she'll growl and hiss.:( My four boys get along very well.:) My bedroom has become a cat sanctuary for my four older cats because Alani & Blaze aren't allowed in there. I've always found the females are more difficult when it comes to new introductions and they're also more territorial. It seems like males can live in multi-cat households much easier than females at least this is the case in my home. Good luck.:)

mrspunkysmom
03-15-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm so glad to hear that she was already spayed and in good health. I'm also glad that the introductions have been going well too. Maybe some of your cats are now getting used to new arrivals in your home so it's not such a big deal any more like it was at first. I know that my Storm has seen so many cats come and go that it's not as big of a deal for a newbie to be brought into my home any more.

You're right about that. :) Spunky especially doesn't seem annoyed anymore and Sam is doing marvelously. :love: Bob doesn't know what to think, but he is curious. :love:

My females still don't like Alani & Blaze though and I've had them since they were about 10 weeks old. They'll soon be 2 years old. If one of them even looks at Ziggy from across the room, she'll growl and hiss. My four boys get along very well. My bedroom has become a cat sanctuary for my four older cats because Alani & Blaze aren't allowed in there. I've always found the females are more difficult when it comes to new introductions and they're also more territorial. It seems like males can live in multi-cat households much easier than females at least this is the case in my home. Good luck.

Yes, Jane stayed in the room with her a while, ate some of her food, and used her litter box. :love: :D However, I think a lot of it has to do with Kallie. She's easy to like :love: and doesn't ruffle feathers. No growling or hissing. Bertie started the growling and hissing and mine were thunderstruck. Bertie sealed her own fate, but thankfully is in a smaller household now. Sam is the only cat that growls and it is at Spunky. They have a love/hate relationship. They are Frienemies.

I've always found my male cats to be more entertaining. They also cause more trouble. :D

And, of course, Emily doesn't care. :love:

mrspunkysmom
04-03-2015, 03:47 AM
I totally missed Callie's 3rd Gotcha Day putting her at 4.5 years old. And she is out of the back area, hanging out in the living area, and having a little fun. :love:

Wish her a belated Gotcha Day!

mrspunkysmom
04-03-2015, 03:53 AM
I'm not allowed to change the title any more. Has this thread been archived?

phesina
04-03-2015, 05:19 AM
Dearest Kallie, a belated GOTCHA DAY #3 TO YOU!!!!!
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
04-03-2015, 06:59 AM
Happy Gotcha Day, pretty Callie!

Karen
04-03-2015, 02:57 PM
I'm not allowed to change the title any more. Has this thread been archived?

No, you can still change the thread title!

mrspunkysmom
04-03-2015, 08:34 PM
No, you can still change the thread title!

It's not showing up that way. It just changes in the subtitle on the first post. I've tried like 5 times or so.

In other news, Callie made her way out of the back bedrooms and is out in the living areas. She's eating and playing. Wonders never cease.

Edit: Nope, Karen. I tried it on post #1 and again on post #34, since i reverse list my threads.

It worked on Lucy Lou's post but not on this one.

Oh well.

mrspunkysmom
04-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Again, I let the forum antics get in my way.

Happy Gotcha day Miss Callie! She is doing so well. She's back out in the living area. She's eating with the others, which also means cheek scritches before she'll eat the food. She as a scratcher bed behind the couch.