PDA

View Full Version : Belated Introduction: Meet Bella!

Roxyluvsme13
03-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Well, for those of you who don't have Facebook, sorry I'm a little behind on posting this.

I live in a neighborhood that is completely overrun by cats. It's a little ridiculous how little people care about them and let them run wild, actually.

Anyway, there's one cat that was super sweet. We've been feeding her for several months. She's not very old, probably under a year old. I named her Bella. She is super tiny, that's why I'm guessing she's not very old.

Well, last week she went into heat for probably the first time :(. I've been trying to convince my mom to bring her in so we could keep her/care for her/whatever, but to no avail at that point. But, now she's more than likely pregnant, we won't know anything for a few weeks, but I convinced my mom to bring her in! So now, Bella has a home. A home where she will be loved, fed, and where she can raise her babies if she is pregnant. Plus, she's pretty much staying. We're getting her spayed after the time for her pregnancy to show has passed, or after she has kittens, whichever outcome happens.

She is a total lovebug, and super friendly. She is liking and adjusting to being an indoor kitty pretty well.

Anyway, I will keep this thread updated with her progress! I just wanted to share her with everyone that hasn't seen her and her story on Facebook! She is an absolute doll. :love:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n209/JackandLizForeverx3/DSC_0043.jpg

sallyandsnowx
03-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Bella is GORGEOUS! :love: Thank you for taking her in and I'm sure she is thanking you too. Good luck with her pregnancy. Whatever the outcome is I hope her, and her kittens possibly, well! :)

Karen
03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
She's so pretty! Bless you for taking her in, and taking care of her. Maybe if you have the time and energy during the summer, you could work with some local vet and pass out flyers for low-cost spay and neuter for all those neglected and proliferating kitties!

Bengalz
03-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Bella is gorgeous - thank you for taking such good care of her. She looks very content in her new home.

Edwina's Secretary
03-04-2012, 10:19 PM
What a pretty, pretty girl she is! And what a nice girl you are! And your mom too!

krazyaboutkatz
03-04-2012, 11:40 PM
She's such a gorgeous cat.:) I hope that if she is pregnant that everything will go well. Good luck.:)

happylabs
03-05-2012, 05:09 AM
She is just beautiful! Bless you and your mom for bringing her in. Can't wait to see more pics and hear stories. Love bug kitties are the best! :)

happylabs
03-05-2012, 05:10 AM
P.S. I love the name you chose! Twilight fan?

Roxyluvsme13
03-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks everyone. She's can be kind of mean too even though most of the time she's a lovebug :rolleyes:. She clawed into my finger this morning and wouldn't let go.

P.S. I love the name you chose! Twilight fan?
Hahahahaha, yes. :)

cassiesmom
03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Bella is beautiful! Bless you for looking after her!

smokey the elder
03-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Aww! I'm a sucker for white cats.

astrid
03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
What a cutie :love:

Roxyluvsme13
03-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks everyone, just wanted to post a little update.

She is doing pretty well, adjusting to living indoors nicely, though she occasionally cries to go outside or tries to climb the window in our living room to get out. She has claimed a box for herself :D, and she's doing pretty well adjusting to using the litterbox, though the other day she went into Domino and Tallulah's litterbox, then came back out and pooped beside it :confused:, but last night she pooped in her litterbox, so I was really excited! Still waiting to see if she's pregnant or not. She's eating like a little piggy, but that could be because she's never had an abundance of food too. So, I'll keep everyone updated!

tikeyas_mom
03-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Welcome Bella!! your so pretty!! I love white cats :p. I was originally looking for a white cat to adopt, then fell for a fluffy blackie instead ;)
I'm sure she will be well looked after, I hope she isn't pregnant. How does she get along with your other cats?

Roxyluvsme13
03-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Welcome Bella!! your so pretty!! I love white cats :p. I was originally looking for a white cat to adopt, then fell for a fluffy blackie instead ;)
I'm sure she will be well looked after, I hope she isn't pregnant. How does she get along with your other cats?
She gets along okay with Domino and Tallulah. Domino is fascinated by her, LOL. But he also growls at her, and Tallulah is just like dude, you're in my house. I don't approve. But Tallulah's just a generally b*tchy cat anyway, honestly hahaha.

Roxyluvsme13
03-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Bella's got a bit of a tummy bulge going on... back towards her butt. Which is where the uterus would be, so I'm assuming that'd be about the area she'd first start growing right?

She's also eating like a little piglet and super lovey dovey... wonder if it's a sign?

It's been two weeks since possible conception.

Catty1
03-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Found this link - it's a guideline. :) Check her nipples in the next week or so.

http://www.cat-pregnancy-report.com/cat-pregnancy-signs.html