PDA

View Full Version : why is it they all get sick on saturday nights? :(

Husky_mom
03-03-2012, 11:00 PM
all was fine n dandy.. till tonight.. went to feed the puppers and nameless didn't touch her food.. :( I could see she was not feeling good.. but she had been really well overall.. she did presented mushy poop.. but rather normal .. considering flight, stress, new surroundings, food change.. etc..

needless to say I´m panicking.. sat night and no vets AT ALL.. we have no ER's either.. fortunately there is a vet that opens tomorrow and will take her as soon as they open..

she has been vaccinated and her booster is needed but I was waiting a few more days till her tummy and her settled..

she's a normal pup that plays and all.. still as of earlier today.. but also chews all.. so I'm worried it might be parvo or something she ate and shouldn't..

I went out to check for poops.. but couldn't see a thing.. besides the backyard not being lighted well enough and it being dirt and other pups sharing the space, it was hard to tell if they were pee spots or liquid poop.. or whom they belonged to

hope she hangs on tonight and I can get her in time to fix whatever she has wrong.. :(

what worries me too.. is she's a bit underweight.. I know the breed is slim.. but still she was a bit underweight and I didn't wanted to stuff her up too soon and do more damage.. now I'm worried..

please send us healing vibes ..

Karen
03-03-2012, 11:53 PM
I will say a prayer for her, that's it is something minor. Puppies can be so worrisome!

sana
03-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Aw! Sorry to hear that! Sending waves of healing prayers to the little puppy :love:

chocolatepuppy
03-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Prayers that your pretty baby is ok. It could be all the stress, change of food, etc.

Freedom
03-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Nameless is the Borzoi? I forget, lol. Prayers that all is well.

Puppies do get upset tums rather often, as I recall. They are so busy investigating and learning about the world, and like human babies, everything seems to go in the mouth.

Husky_mom
03-04-2012, 10:21 AM
yes it's the Borzoi ;)

and I know pups get upset tummies often..and she does chew everything up.. but it's been a while (years upon years) since I had a sick pup.. lol.. and I freaked.. the vet will open in 45 min and off we go..

thank you for your vibes.. hope all is well

Husky_mom
03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
:rolleyes: and now she had breakfast as usual.. and looked more happy than last night.. hmm.. but I did found a couple runny li8ght brown/greenish poops.. I couldn't see traces of blood and they didn't had the characteristic parvo smell.. but still we are leaving to the vet..

snakemama
03-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Sendong good vibes for a healthy pup!!

Husky_mom
03-04-2012, 01:47 PM
we're back.. today she was perkier as usual.. the vet said it didn't seemd parvo.. but couldn't be 100% certain yet.. but by the symptoms she seemed pretty good overall.. since she had no blood and she was avid and curious, no fever..and the fact that she ate this morning.. it could probably be just a tummy flu.. but better safe than sorry

he did gave me some meds for the diarrhea and some vitamins.. I'll be getting some electrolytes for her as well.. he gave me his cell in case she got worse.. but we hope for her to get better

please still keep her in your thoughts for a couple days till we see how she progresses... thank you :)

lizbud
03-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm glad she checked out good at the Vets. She has had a lot of changes in a short amount of time.
Such a pretty girl should have a pretty name.:)

Freedom
03-04-2012, 05:05 PM
You got it - prayers she is just being a normal puppy, getting in to everything! LOL

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
So glad she is okay.
Question: What did you put on the paperwork at the vet? Nameless? :p

Are you open to name suggestions from us?

Husky_mom
03-04-2012, 06:34 PM
so far so good.. she did had another runny poop.. but she also ate :D

hoping she gets only better n better.. (I'll be watching like a hawk.. haha.. but wouldn't we all..)

the vet didn't started a file on us because she was still nameless.. lol.. so no name on any papers..hehe

but.. I've been thinking and I think I have it.. call me weird... but I want to wait a few days till she's ok.. I don't wanna jinx it :P
it does has a lot of meaning.. that's why ..

but I'd love to hear name suggestions anyway.. who knows who'll come next :P .. I do need a name for the Chi..at least so I can call him something rather than dog (owners haven't stepped forward yet.. :( no posters, no ads, no nothing.. weird no-one is looking for him.. I've been more worried looking for ads looking for him rather than the actual owners.. hope I'm wrong but it seems that way)

cassiesmom
03-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Prayers for you and Borzoi puppy!

beeniesmom
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I hope your pup gets better. She might just be getting used to her food, surrounding and everything. I hope she feels better soon.
Borzoi do tend to have very delicate tummy and are prone to bloat so be careful as she gets older. They tend to wolf down food.
I've never had a Borzoi but was close to a few of my bosses borzoi. I love the breed. They are so elegant and sweet, playful and caring.
She will be fine. As for a name... I think it should be Angel. She looks like an angel and was sent to you from an angel. :) Hugs

Karen
03-05-2012, 02:12 PM
How about Samantha? Wasn't that one name hubby was thinking for the baby who is now Ariel?

Roxyluvsme13
03-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I hope she's feeling better and I'm dying to know what you're thinking about for her name!

Husky_mom
03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
and we're back to mushy poops.. so yay!!.. seems it wasn't parvo afterall..

she's been eating and I'd like to say taking her meds like a champ.. but no.. haha.. I had to force her to swallow them.. lol..

her treatment is over.. she just now is on vitamins to gain weight.. so hopefully she'll fill out soon..

glad to say we're good for now.. as with them being puppies you never know..:rolleyes: .. this is the only downside of having puppies.. costant panicking for anything

will update in a couple days and see how she's doing

ty all for your concerns :)

Husky_mom
03-08-2012, 07:59 PM
well.. lil miss nameless is doing fine.. she's completed her meds.. is overall back to normal.. but.. she kinda loved the enercal (a hi-caloric gel supplement) and now I'm having issues with her eating.. lol..

she eats.. but stares me as if saying "where's the good stuff?" .. and she prolongs the "I'm not eating"..until she realizes she ain't getting more.. so she's still not eating what she should quantity wise..

but I'm afraid I have bad news too.. now Hoover has the symptoms..but worse.. she had 2 liquid evacuations this morning.. plus what seemed a few vomits..(nameless didn't) as they seemed just wet spots.. and were certainly not pee (due to location).. I instantly relocated her into a crate and moved her to the garage to reduce the exposure.. I started treatment already.. hope it was fast enough

Hoover really went down fast.. she's totally dehydrated.. she was fine yesterday.. :( (she ate, played.. everything normal) this morning she didn't rushed to the door to have her breakfast... and THAT was a concern.. she's feeling down too.. still wags her tail.. but seems tired..bit lethargic :(

weird thing is non of the pups have been out.. or in contact to infected dogs.. nor the virus was at my house.. we have had awful winds.. so I attribute it to that.. and maybe what "nameless" had was indeed parvo.. and by being in contact with Hoover that's how one gave it to the other...

I rushed and bought Virkon.. I read about it and it seems it can control/kill/deactivate parvo within minutes.. supposedly on one application.. so I bought a couple sachets.. applied one today to the yard.. and in places Hoover might have been.. also did my shoes, bowls, floor.. and as a precaution I'll do it again tomorrow and a few more days..

hope I can get rid of it and not have nameless bounce back down...

please keep Hoover in your thoughts.. she needs it.. she's in pretty bad shape.. and also nameless.. as for her not to get it.. or get it back if that's what she had..

krazyaboutkatz
03-09-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having sick puppies.:( I hope that everyone will get well soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent their way.

Roxyluvsme13
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Poor girl :(. I think that Nameless would have deteriorated and not improved as quickly as she did if she had parvo, but the way you're describing Hoover's symptoms, it doesn't sound good. Sending her the best wishes and good thoughts to get better soon :love:

Husky_mom
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Hoover is still hanging in there.. she has been taking her meds and electrolytes.. she is able to stand and walk on her own.. I try to minimize her efforts but she still gets up.. she still has been vomiting though.. not much pooping as she has had no food intake so far.. her nose doesn't seems as dry as yesterday.. hopefully that's a good sign..

will keep up updating on how she's doing..

chocolatepuppy
03-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh my, it seems you have your hands full with sick pups.:( Many prayers that Hoover is all better soon.

Husky_mom
03-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Hoover had a ok day.. she's def not worse.. and I hope she's like that tomorrow.. she's been vomiting still.. very little diarrhea.. as she still has had no solid food.. just fluids..

around noon.. she had an episode of howlerama.. yes.. she was howling and whining.. to me, that's a good sign.. I mean she had the streght to make noise... :P .. (she sooo wants to get out of her crate.. poor baby.. I do take her out but have her confined to a small space to reduce the exposure to whatever she has.. I did see a small trace of blood.. but very small.. she takes her fluids quite nice.. so I hope tomorrow she's better..but she surely seems dehydrated.. although her nose is also wet today.. not dry as yesterday)..
for it being the 2nd day I think she's doing ok.. not great but ok.. hoping we get out of the bump soon.. for both of em

nameless had a runny poop again.. not liquid but more watery than mushy.. with a bit of mucus.. but she's eating.. not as much as she should but enough.. I really need to make her eat more and gain weight.. but I don't wanna put to much into her to cause her more bad.. I might add a few canned food to her kibble.. she seems to be really picky eater.. if the kibble is not on a certain food bowl she takes her time and hesitates to eat :rolleyes:.. good thing she's also drinking normally.. and I've added some "additive" (in lack of better word as it skipped my mind) to help the intestines and all involved recover..either from sickness or antibiotic use..

Karen
03-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated. We'll keep your whole crew in our prayers still.

Husky_mom
03-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Nameless is doing ok.. still struggling with her to eat.. I have to soak her kibble in water for her to finish it.. otherwise she'll have a few and go.. :rolleyes: .. she still had a runny/mucus-ey poop today.. but otherwise she's fine.. drinking, playing, jumping..

Hoover has made progress too.. still a few evacuations from both ends.. but much less.. she's been barking, crying, whining to get out.. and today she drank on her own!!and asked for more.. that was a super plus.. I didn't had to shove it down her throat.. still no food though.. but gave her a few enercal.. if things keep going for the better she might try/tolerate a lil rice tomorrow

Karen
03-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Sounds like progress, if Hoover's well enough to complain, that's a good thing!

Husky_mom
03-11-2012, 10:30 PM
such a rollercoaster it has been lately.. :rolleyes: :confused:

Hoover has been barking up a storm all day today I feel sorry for my neighbors.. lol.. in episodes.. but still.. again,she drank on her own, took her meds.. and even tried to eat a few kibbles.. but the supplement is all she needs and she's having it with "gusto".. so i can see progress there.. she seems less dehydrated.. her skin is not as stiff as it was days before..

now, Nameless, well.. we're back to runny/liquid poop... but now there's been traces of blood :( .. so she's back to meds.. other than that she's normal.. playing, jumping, running.. and eating/drinking.. she hasn't put on any weight.. at least to the naked eye.. but she's with nice puppy perky spirit.. so that's good sign..

she's such a picky eater.. never had a pup as picky as her.. for her to eat her kibble I have to soak it in water.. but if it doesn't has the exact amount she won't eat it :rolleyes:.. for real.. it has to have the precise consistency and when that is meet she'll wolf down the food.. otherwise she'll just stare and move along to a better thing..

and not to end with the drama.. now China had an episode of upset tummy I think.. she kept curled in a corner licking her tummy area.. at first I saw her curled and thought she was asleep.. but she saw me and curled back.. so something was not right.. I went to her and she was licking her tummy, which at first I thought maybe a flea or something itchy.. but I realized she was licking rather than bitting.. so I went to check and it was a hassle as she wouldn't budge her face.. but once "in".. I moved her fur lookign for a foreign something.. a bulge.. a cut.. anything.. but there was none.. I'm not sure what was with her as she's eating normal and pooping normal.. maybe she got the bug of the babies.. who knows.. she has no other symptoms.. so it's weird

oh boy.. now to rest and see what tomorrow brings to us..