PDA

View Full Version : Has you dog ever played a joke on you!!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
02-07-2001, 02:56 PM
A few years back we had a Rottweiler, her name was Kate, named ater that great actress
Katherine Hepburn. During the day she stayed mostly on our patio. One day our Grandson came home and asked where is Kate? We had been working in the garden and said on the patio, he said she is not there. We looked and no Kate, we sound the alarm. Everybody combed the the whole area around our house, our daughter-in-law drove all over looking for her. We were just crazy, where could she be? We looked and looked. Upon deciding to go in the house to regroup, who met us at the door, Kate, who had been in the house all the time. We never did figure out how she got in, at least nobody would admit to it.
She really played a joke on us!

RachelJ
02-07-2001, 03:23 PM
I don't know if this would count, but yesterday Hannah took one of my slippers and ran outside with it. She put on quite a display flipping it and shaking it like crazy. Of course my demands of "Bring my slipper here" were ignored. When she was done showing off, she did bring it back in, but not a minute sooner.

jackiesdaisy1935
02-07-2001, 04:12 PM
Rachel: I think Hannah is a lot like Daisy.
Daisy is so independent, she mostly does as she pleases. I was thinking of taking her to obedient classes, but my husband says she would just disrupt the class. I call her and she looks at me and walks the other way. She is not a lap dog, will lie next to me, but does not like to be held. When I ask for kisses, if she is in the mood she will give all kinds of them, if not she turns her head.
I guess I love her all the more for her independent attitude she really is a sweetheart.

Pam
02-07-2001, 04:30 PM
Oh Rachel, another Hannah story! Somehow when I saw the subject and then your name I knew I would be in for a treat!! I look forward to your Hannah stories! Hannah does sound a little like my poodle, Ashley (at the Rainbow Bridge). When she was a puppy she would wait until my husband left for work in the morning and the minute he was out the door she would nudge the cabinet open under the sink and grab my dish towel and run under the dining room table, It never failed!! She never did this on the weekends when he was home. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif She knew who the softy was! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

Daisy's Mom
02-07-2001, 09:19 PM
Pam that sounds like my Daisy! The whole trash thing... any time we leave the house, she goes right to the can and knocks it over. She knows it is bad though, and won't do it if we are home. She waits till the second we leave! The other day, everyone went to my sister's basketball game while I stayed home to do my homework. Daisy forgot I was home, and my family had not been gone more than a minute when I heard a loud crash. She had knocked over the trash! I went running in yelling "Bad dog, bad dog, BAD dog Daisy! You no knock over trash! That's what BAD dogs do! You bad bad dog!" and she put her tail between her legs and sat in the corner at the door, head hanging. They really know how to make you feel bad don't they?!

Rottie
02-13-2001, 05:24 PM
Well, Carl's never really played any tricks on me (that I can remember). But once I played a trick on him.

I let him out with me when I took the garbage out. He went off by the car sniffing stuff. So, I walked behind the car and started banging on it and yelling. He got so freaked out. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif He is no watchdog, just a scared dog http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

Eudora
10-14-2001, 08:51 AM
Cookie has played a lot of tricks on me! She loves dropping her ball into some place that is soo hard to get to and will make you come out all wet, dirty or simply exhausted. Then when I say, "No! Bad Dog! Don't do that!" she'll put her tail between her legs and look at me with those puppy eyes not even a superhero could resist.
Like Daisy's Mom says, "They sure know how to make you feel bad"

ilovehounds
10-14-2001, 10:20 AM
Hannah will hide on me, at first its scary because Im calling her name and she isn't coming so I think oh no she's gone but then if I stop and look around you can usually find her hiding behind a tree, fence, the house or laying flat on the ground looking at me and then when we make eye contact she comes running over with her tail wagging. I'll call her a goof and she will go back to doing whatever hounds do :D

Shoshonee
10-19-2001, 11:10 AM
Copper loves to play jokes on my nephew. Nathan doesn't share very good and throws too many temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Copper decided to give him obedience lessons!! When Nathan tries to get the ball from Copper, he lets him get just within reach and then runs off with it. The funny thing is he only does it when Nathan has been screaming at him to give him the ball. If Nathan is playing nice, Copper runs, fetches the ball and drops it at his feet. Copper knows that your supposed to be nice and he's just doing his job to promote peace in the house! :D

RachelJ
10-19-2001, 11:23 AM
Hannah too likes to do something similar. If her Kong is on the ground outside and she won't bring it too me and I walk over to pick it up, she will wait until I am about a foot away and then dash over to scoop it up seconds before I get to it. She recently added another tactic which is to drop the kong under some bushes or trees where it is very difficult for me to get to and then ignore me when I tell her to get it. I can just hear her thinking...*Let's see YOU "Get the Kong"*.

Daisy's Mom
10-19-2001, 12:54 PM
When Daisy was a puppy, she had a little nipping problem, but she knew it was bad. She understood that biting = scolding, so she tried to do it less, and sometimes she would catch herself in the middle of it. She'd open her mouth to bite, then realize what she was doing, and turn it into a greaaat biiiig yaaaawn! "Who, me? Biting? No Mom, I'm just yawning, see?"

By the way, Rachel, I just have to say that I love your signature picture of Hannah and Tucker! Those two just melt my heart. You must be so proud to have two beautiful babies like them!

I luv my pup america
11-11-2001, 08:14 PM
Last night I was with my puppy im my ved and we bith like the same side of the bed. And I normaly take that side. Well My puppy America went over on my side and layed on my pillow. So I moved over to let her lay on it except when I moved over she got up and moved down and took that side! and if i decised to move her over she would growl at me so I had to let her have that side. :p

PJ's Mom
11-12-2001, 09:58 AM
A few years ago, we had a yellow lab named Ren. He was a very smart boy, and knew how to go to his room, and he could do a bunch of other tricks.

Anyway, we had gone out shopping for about 4 hours, and when we came home, we noticed a pile of potatoes on the living room floor. Ren picked one of them up and brought it to me. After I took it from him, he ran away from me and it looked like he wanted me to throw it to him. Being suspicious of such a smart dog, my husband went over to the pile of potatoes, and found a pile of another kind underneath. :rolleyes: Not only had he taken the potatoes out of the bag and carefully placed them around his accident, but he was trying to distract us from finding it by trying to get me to play catch with him and his potato. :D

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: PJ's Mom ]

Daisy's Mom
11-12-2001, 04:15 PM
LOL that's such a great story!!! I laughed so hard, and I even read it to my mom and made her laugh too :) What a smart dog!

catwoman
11-12-2001, 07:10 PM
ROFL ... Good thing potatoes and poop don't look much alike! :eek:

C.C.'s Mom
11-13-2001, 01:44 AM
That is such a funny story!
My pup is the clown on the scene over here. Her joke is: swapping. She gets one of her toys and places them next to our slippers and takes one of them and runs to her basket. She then looks like: hey, it's a fair game!

C.C.'s Mom
11-15-2001, 01:20 AM
I was working in the garden yesterday to get all the flowers removed from the summer and CC was playing with her ball (I thought). I turn around to get the garden garbage in a bin to find CC walking around with half a tree. She pulled it out and was placing it next to my pile. After this she sat down next to me as to say: mom, it was a hard job but I'm glad I was able to help you!

11-15-2001, 02:38 PM
OK,

I cain't believe I am going to share this.
My late great golden retriever Amber Blaze was definately a ball dog. She loved to play ball. Well, one afternoon when my sister was over my house, we got to talkin. Amber's ball was under a dresser and she was barking/howling something bad. I went to investigate and looked at her and said I'll get it later. Well she didn't take to kindly to that remark because she then grabbed my shoe. When I asked her to drop it, she refused. To make a long story longer, I was chasing Amber around the living tryin to get my shoe back as my sister looked on. As Amber made a quick turn to go in the opposite direction since I was chasing her, I lost my footing and went down. The look on my sisters face and the loud laughter said it all, Amber had won.

Now all ya'll can laugh too...heh heh heh

Daisy's Mom
11-15-2001, 08:04 PM
LOL don't worry Augie, I am sure we have all done embarrassing things like that :)

clarebear__45
04-30-2002, 08:43 PM
Sophie loves to torments me with her little play ball as if she is going to give the ball to me instead she goes backwards and forwards with the ball as to say come and get it.

stonewind
05-15-2002, 07:44 PM
Once after a long walk with my friend and our dogs, we stopped at her house for a break, but because when we're in the house the dogs knock stuff over, I put my dog outside while my friend brought her dog into the house. My friends dog continued to run to the front door whinning and barking. When we finally opened the door to see what was the matter I found my dog outside sitting on the porch. We still to this day can't figure out how she got out. My friends dog never gets out, weird.

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Sadie and Cincy have been playing tricks on each other recently...

Sunday morning they were playing chase around the dining room and kitchen. I was in the living room, on the couch and Sadie ran over and jumped up with me. Cincy comes tearing around the kitchen looking toward the dining room for Sadie, while Sadie is sitting on the couch with a huge smile on her face, laughing at Cincy:)

Then tonight my sister and I were inthe backyard and they were chasing each other around the tree. Cincy got ahead of Sadie and ran behind Christy to hide when Sadie kept running cirlces around the tree looking for her . Silly Girls :p