PDA

View Full Version : New Addition!

tikeyas_mom
03-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Well it's official, we are going to be adding another lovely kitty to our home.. My brothers cat had an unexpected litter of kittens, and unfortunately only one survived out of five :(. I told them that I would take the kitten if they don't keep it. They already have three cats, so they told me I can have her.. She is a medium haired Female Tortoiseshell.. She will be getting spayed as soon as she is 6 months old. Oh and one more thing...

SHE IS A POLYDACTYL :) !!!!

SHE HAS BETWEEN 6 AND 7 TOES ON ALL FEET..Her father is the same way :p. Anyways I think its pretty neat..

I will have pics when I get her in a week, she will be 8 weeks old then :).

Name ideas? :D

Husky_mom
03-01-2012, 08:38 PM
centipede?.. lol.. no, not really.. :P

I too think polydactyles are neat looking.. big squishy paws.. aww..

can't wait to see pics ;)

Karen
03-01-2012, 08:45 PM
As she has baseball mitt paws why not name her after your favorite baseball player? ;)

Most of the cats in my neighborhood growing up were polydactyls, so it took me a while to get used to "normal" cat feet's size!

Husky_mom
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
As she has baseball mitt paws why not name her after your favorite baseball player? ;)

Most of the cats in my neighborhood growing up were polydactyls, so it took me a while to get used to "normal" cat feet's size!

I was thinking the same.. hahaha.. only I was looking for baseball stuff names.. hehe

Grace
03-01-2012, 10:26 PM

English sailing captains considered polydactyl cats as good luck. When one was born in England, it was often given to one of the captains sailing to the New World - us!! Arriving first in the Boston area during the 17th century, then to Yarmouth, Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Freedom
03-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Oooh kitten!

Is your brother going to have mom spayed?

tikeyas_mom
03-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Well my brother is going to be speaking with the local shelter to see if they can help him with spaying expenses. It is a hard situation right now for them, they don't have the means to spay her at the moment. But we are lucky our shelter does help people pay partially for the spaying and neutering process.

On a different topic, I think we have settled on a name.. But its a surprise :p.
So keep looking for my next post with the official introduction of the new baby.

catmandu
03-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Would you please consider Pouncer in the name somewhere after My First Cat Pouncer , and my long time Porch Cat Pouncer Roccalno?
:cool::cool:
They both would love to be Guardian Angels for your New Little Arrival!!
:love::love:

phesina
03-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Welcome, new little baby kitty! We can't wait to be formally introduced to you!

momcat
03-03-2012, 03:33 PM
A new baby kitten, how exciting! I can't wait to meet your new family member :love:

And please don't forget the Cuteness Overload Warning :cool:

Misty_Pearl
03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Waiting anxiously to see pictures of beautiful kitty!

aTailOf2Kitties
03-04-2012, 03:15 PM
gonna name her "Polly"?

krazyaboutkatz
03-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Congrats!!!:D I can't wait to see pictures.:)

moosmom
03-05-2012, 06:57 AM
I love the name Polly!!! Polydactyls were common on ships and Ernest Hemingway, who was a cat fanatic, loved them and kept the tradition going. If you're ever in Key West, I HIGHLY recommend visiting his home where it is littered with polydactyls. It's a wonderful experience.