PDA

View Full Version : Because I don't have enough stress.....Truck's all fixed

Queen of Poop
03-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I was on my way to meet my broker who has my divorce settlement, finally, and I got hit. My truck is broke, I'm shook up and pretty upset.

Just when I think I'm finally getting ahead I get another setback.

Lilith Cherry
03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Ouch! Poor you! I do hope it can be repaired quickly and at the other drivers expense. Much love to you Gayle.
:love:

Karen
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I am glad you were not hurt as well. Prayers for a quick repair so you have wheels again!

Catty1
03-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I know you are quite shaken up, sending many hugs!

Your vehicle can be fixed. If you were broken physically, that would be even more painful.

Glad you got your settlement. Hope we can meet up for that gluten-free event soon!

more HUGS!:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
I hope you feel less stressed and that your truck gets fixed at the other's expense.

Glad you weren't hurt.

Did you make it to your broker?

Queen of Poop
03-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I did not make it to the broker so he will just "hold" my settlement until I can arrange another meeting. I saw the chiropractor this am, I'm sore and have a fabulous headache. One second earlier and he'd have slammed my driver side door and potentially hurt me good, so I was pretty lucky. The repairs and my rental will be at his expense. Went home, cried and got much lovies from Cali and Diego. Will be ok, but I so didn't need this.

Queen of Poop
03-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Repairs approved, other driver taking full responsibility. Going to cost over $4000 to repair. Will have it back in 2 weeks. Will meet with the broker Monday at 3, funds in my account now from the settlement. Things are looking up again. :)

Freedom
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm just seeing this now; "what a difference a day makes," ran through my head, as I read your latest post. Heal up and move on, glad you have 2 great nurses at home to care for you!

Karen
03-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Glad to hear thinks are looking better on all accounts, and just think, you'll then have a "partly new"er truck! If anyone asks, I tell them my car is 9 years old, but the back door and bumper is only one!

phesina
03-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Oh No! I thought, not more for Gayle, when I first started reading the thread. But I'm glad to learn that things turned out to be not too bad after what could have happened..

Prayers and good wishes and {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

mrspunkysmom
03-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Glad the guy is taking responsibility, And you are doing better. Kitty nurses are the best.

Queen of Poop
03-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Ugh, I have grade 2 whiplash from this incident. My left shoulder blade hurts, goes up thru my neck and gives me a fabulous headache behind my left ear. Muscle relaxers and advil help for a bit but when they wear off - yikes it hurts. :mad:

Karen
03-06-2012, 04:31 PM
At least that will (I know, not fast enough) heal. You have our sympathies, though. Did they give you a human "Collar of shame?"

Queen of Poop
03-06-2012, 04:51 PM
At least that will (I know, not fast enough) heal. You have our sympathies, though. Did they give you a human "Collar of shame?"

No, no collar. Wouldn't Diego laugh if I had to be a cone head!!??? I do get to see my chiropractor 21 times to get it repaired though. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't come with a blazing headache.

Karen
03-06-2012, 06:00 PM
No, no collar. Wouldn't Diego laugh if I had to be a cone head!!???

You know that's what I was picturing!

mrspunkysmom
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Sorry about the whiplash and the headache. Be back to edit more later. Sorry, had a crying cat I'll tell y'all about in another post.

Visiting the chiropractor is always good unless you really hurt. Glad you don't need a collar of shame. Take care and sit straight up at the computer. That's where I get into trouble. I slouch and pinch my sciatic nerve.

Catty1
03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I hope you feel better soon!

Queen of Poop
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
YIPPEE!! The auto body shop just called. My truck will be ready at 4 pm today!!!

phesina
03-15-2012, 03:48 PM
That's great, Gayle! Now you can KEEP ON TRUCKIN', AGAIN :D:D:D.

Queen of Poop
03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Unbelievable. Wondered what the rattling noise was in the back. Got home looked and found all the old parts - they forgot to discard them!!!! Called them, asked the dude what the heck, he was very apologetic. Now I have to drive tomorrow (instead of taking the train) and go there after work and they will remove them. Horrible to see the broken wheel, etc. Nice to have my truck back though. It looks fabulous.

Karen
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Unbelievable. Wondered what the rattling noise was in the back. Got home looked and found all the old parts - they forgot to discard them!!!! Called them, asked the dude what the heck, he was very apologetic. Now I have to drive tomorrow (instead of taking the train) and go there after work and they will remove them. Horrible to see the broken wheel, etc. Nice to have my truck back though. It looks fabulous.

Hey, at least it was an easy fix! :) Enjoy having your truck again!

mrspunkysmom
03-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Fantastic. Always good when things start to work out right.

Bibette & Lulu
03-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Hang in there. Time and kitties can heal all. Glad you are on the mend, along with your truck.