PDA

View Full Version : This Old Thursday #471

RICHARD
03-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I think that a renovation of Thursday's is in order....we haven't had any improvements in a long, long time and I thought that maybe making room for a 55 inch telly, a 5.1 surround sound system and a new mantle for the fireplace ccould be in the clubhouse's future...

I think we'll start the thread with Gin and Tonic.....and some cheese and crackers.....

DONE!

Karen
03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Hmm, I'll scrub down the bar surface - a few rounds of baking soda and elbow grease and maybe we can figure out what it's supposed to look like ...

But we'd better have David manage the Orc for its strength if we're gonna clean this floor ... I'll take Lady and the orange kitten (okay, he's been full grown for a while now) outside for some playtime while the floor's being done!

Lady's Human
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Pokes head in teh bar......sees Orc in a maid's outfit.....quietly retreats.:eek:

RICHARD
03-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Pokes head in teh bar......sees Orc in a maid's outfit.....quietly retreats.:eek:

Orc, run out to the parking lot and grab LH, I think he wants to talk to you..

I am cooking brekkie.

Omelets - cheese - OJ and fried taters....

Coffee and tea for the caffeine-ators.

Done!

Lady's Human
03-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Well, if you're cooking, I guess it must be safe.

Can I get a ham, cheese and 'shroom omelet with hash browns?

Hey, while you're at it, does waffle house do take out?

RICHARD
03-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Well, if you're cooking, I guess it must be safe.

Can I get a ham, cheese and 'shroom omelet with hash browns?

Hey, while you're at it, does waffle house do take out?

Oh
One shroomer, with spuds.

DONE!

That is one of my future goals, to visit a waffle house franchise.....

I do not know if they do take out!

Queen of Poop
03-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Could I get a nice, tall, cool glass of American Iced Tea please. Yours is so much better, as it's unsweetened, than the stuff they try to pass off here. After yesterday's misadventure I'm just going to sit here by the fire and pet dear Lady.

Lady's Human
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Lady will appreciate the scritches. She's rather put off, I'm having problems with my eyes (again.....grrr) and her world is disrupted because my schedule os off due to docs appts and being home sick instead of my usual routine.

I'll get you the iced tea, as to yesterday, look at the bright side: Sheet metal can be repaired. humans are a touch more difficult to repair.

Pinot's Mom
03-02-2012, 03:09 PM
In the interest of revamping, I'll set about recovering those barstools. How about some nice big ottomans for sitting by the fire with our furry friends? I'll take care of those, too.

Nice day in the White Mountains today - enjoying a drink after skiing. Anyone joining me?

RICHARD
03-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Boy Howdy....

Let me refill some cups and glasses.....having a little 'weather related' angst for the last little while..

They run the old "air raid sirens" that most of us grew up on in the late 60's. A little unnerving when you first hear them go off but none the less.....:eek::confused:

Pinot's Mom
03-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Be safe, Richard!:love:

RICHARD
03-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Be safe, Richard!:love:

Yes, I plan on it.:eek:

------------------

How is everyone today.

I think a Racing Brunch is in order.

Time to get distracted with the fun things in life.

I made some peach tea and have the bacon in the oven...

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I have some nice cheese and fresh eggs from the farms up here in NH to share - anyone? :)

Lady's Human
03-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Does anyone have some catnip tea for a still slightly damp and still miffed at dad (but not enough to not share the bed) orange and white kitty? The cheese and eggs sound good.

pomtzu
03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I noticed today that the maples are budding. Can Spring be far behind??? - along with the pollen and sneezing! I've been sneezing all of this non-winter, so I guess it makes no difference. :(

An omelet with some of Maggie's cheese and eggs sounds good. I'll contribute the coffee and English muffins, and some mushrooms and green peppers to toss in the omelet. Any takers?

Karen
03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I brew Patch up some catnip tea, and a pot of good, fragrant chai for any humans who want some, nice and warm for a chilly evening.