PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide which paw print to use for my tattoo please!

Suki Wingy
02-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone. I've been wanting to get Niņo's paw print as a tattoo since before I was even old enough to get one. Now four tattoos later and I haven't even gotten around to doing anything other than getting some prints. He's just a super nervous guy at times and doesn't like us messing with his feet or legs, but I managed to get two pages of prints off of his front left paw. None of them are perfect and you can see the smudges from his hair even though I tried not to get paint on his hair, but I don't want to alter them any.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/100_2199.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/100_2200.jpg

So far I am thinking either the top one or the bottom one on the first sheet. For a while I toyed with the idea of translating it to pointillism so I could have it fade away where it is smudged naturally because I liked the parallel to the transient nature of life. It comes and it goes and you enjoy it while it's here. In a pointillism image, thousands of tiny dots come together to form something very concrete and real. In life, thousands of tiny molecules that can be found almost anywhere separately come together to form life in a very unique and irreplaceable being.

Anyway, the old man didn't really enjoy the whole process of giving me some paw prints so it'll be from these. And it is going on my left forearm because Niņo's got a little paw print made up of spots on his left leg. I'm thinking it'll be in black and grey but I did think of getting it in browns so it sort of looks like a permanent henna.
I also think the bottom one on the second sheet would translate to pointillism the best.

Karen
02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
I like the top left one on the first sheet best, but if you really want to do pointillism, the bottom left one would be best as it is more greyscale.

Roxyluvsme13
02-28-2012, 08:23 PM
I definitely agree either the top one or the bottom one on the first sheet. I like the uniqueness of them. How they're smudge-y will really add an edge to them that I think will look really awesome.

moosmom
02-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Top page, second row far right.

I'm getting another tat to honor my beloved RB MooShoo (a rainbow with "MooShoo - 1999-2010 "One Fine Day") Just not sure where to put it. I'm thinking since I have "granny arms" ANYWAY, why not utilize that spot??? I have 4 other tats (both shoulders, both hips) so that area is out of the question.

Please post pictures once it's done. Would love to see it!

pomtzu
02-29-2012, 05:55 AM
First sheet - top left. Most people don't know the concept of pointillism, and would probably think you had a bad tattoo artist. However on the other hand, it's for you, and not what other people might think of it.

Suki Wingy
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't see how people could mistake good pointillism (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/aventi/Cory_Ferguson_at_Good_Point_Tattoos_Canada-1.jpg) for a bad tattoo job, and I've seen quite a few bad tattoo jobs. I think I am going to have to just talk with my tattoo artist about it and see what he thinks he can do.