PDA

View Full Version : A knock on the ole noggin

mrspunkysmom
02-27-2012, 10:36 PM
So today while visiting my friends store on the home, I lost my balance (I think) and fell backwards, flat on my ass. I was actually standing still and leaned a little to the left. The momentum was enough that I fell flat on my ass, my torso was thrown back, legs in the air (so I'm told), and the only scary part is that my neck and head popped back like whiplash and my head hit the concrete floor HARD. That I do remember.

I think I lost some 30 seconds while I oriented myself. I remember hearing Vickie call for Elzora. I don't remember Elzora running or calling my name. I'm okay except my Butt hurts and now so does my head. They made me stay seated with an icepack to my head until the store closed. I was actually joking for a while and owe them both a big hug.

Here's to good friends. I'll have to raise a Pepsi, since any decent liquor has grain in it. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

moosmom
02-28-2012, 02:34 PM
:pI'm so glad you're okay!!! I've done a couple of trips myself. I actually trip going UP the stairs!!!!

At least NOW I can blame it on age.:p

mrspunkysmom
02-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks Moos Mom. The chiro said the noggin knockin' could be an issue if it happened again soon, but since I'm not an athlete, I should be okay, He worked on me a little bit today.

Tomorrow might be worse as it might take 24 to 48 hours for the symptoms to show.

I'm probably okay since I was the one telling my friends what symptoms to look for. :D

mrspunkysmom
03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
An update

It seems the "fainting" (This was a first for me) was likely caused by two meds that I was assured I could take simultaneously. One is a Beta blocker; the other an anti-anginal. But both will reduce heart rate. So if you happen to stand or sit still for a while then move suddenly, you could faint. My new doctor thought it was weird that I was on the second one, but given that I might be allergic to two other classes of HBP drugs, the only other choice was HCTZ. So I am on that for the time being.

So she made an appt with a cardiologist whom I see Friday for an initial appt and hopefully a stress test later. Hopefully all will turn out okay and it will serve as a baseline for future tests. I also have an appt with an allergist Friday right before that. It's a consult only, but one can hope. They like you to stop certain medications a few days before hand, but I can't stop taking my only real HBP medicine, at least not for a few days. These people seemed real nice and were agreeable with me not taking it just that morning.

I'm still breaking out in hives and I don't know why. It seems the benadryl was doing a good job until I stopped it to try to get into see the allergist. Of course it could be stress, since I'm due to go back to work on March 14th. Yikes! and Blech!

Wish me luck so that at least this phase of my life can have some closure.

Karen
03-07-2012, 10:11 PM
So she made an appt with a cardiologist whom I see Friday for an initial appt and hopefully a stress test later. Hopefully all will turn out okay and it will serve as a baseline for future tests. I also have an appt with an allergist Friday right before that. It's a consult only, but one can hope. They like you to stop certain medications a few days before hand, but I can't stop taking my only real HBP medicine, at least not for a few days. These people seemed real nice and were agreeable with me not taking it just that morning.

I'm still breaking out in hives and I don't know why. It seems the benadryl was doing a good job until I stopped it to try to get into see the allergist. Of course it could be stress, since I'm due to go back to work on March 14th. Yikes! and Blech!

Wish me luck so that at least this phase of my life can have some closure.

It all sounds like things are moving in the right direction, getting some answers, and all that! My allergy doc did let me take everything else other than my antihistamines before the test day, so that was at least some help. I was still miserable, but I knew it was short term, and was prepared for it!