PDA

View Full Version : My right foot is in a plaster..............

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Not much luck for me lately.....
My right was hurting a lot, and it got worse every day!
So last week I went to the hospital for a CT-scan;
They found out I have a small "stress fracture"(=crack) somewhere on a little bone in the front part of my right foot.
The only treatment is: put it in a plaster..............
Oh my, I hate that!!! It hurts, it weighs like a ton, and most important: it is forbidden to drive a car for me now!!! what a disaster..! The nearest shops is at 2km from my house...!
Tomorrow I had plans to visit a friend from a dutch cat forum; but I had to send her a pm now that I cannot come :(:(
The plaster has to stay on for 2 weeks to start with. Then they will remove it, and take a new CT-scan; If the fracture isn't healed yet, they will put on a new plaster :eek:

Please let it be healed by April 6th, because on 7th we will be flying to Tenerife (Canary Islands) for a week!! I want to get a suntan, and I want to swim in the huge swimming pool we will have there...........

Karen
02-27-2012, 03:28 PM
But I am glad you got it checked out, and now, annoying as the cast is, it will have a better shot at healing correctly and not being an ongoing problem!

Karen

cassiesmom
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Boo!

I hope it is well-healed before your vacation!

Freedom
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh heal up and recover in time for vacation! Hugs to you!

phesina
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Be well soon, Lut! Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are on their way from us.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
02-28-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope that you'll heal up quickly. Please take care.:)

momcat
02-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi Lut,
I'm very sorry to hear about your fracture and you have to be in a plaster cast. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't get around as you're used to doing. Just take it easy and let the beautiful Gabriels Girls spoil you! Groucho is sending you lots of "feel better" purrs and kitty kisses. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way too!

Randi
02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Hope your foot will heal up fast. Try not to move around too much! It sure would be nice to go to Tenerife without the plaster on. Where will be staying?

Alysser
02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
That doesn't sound like fun. :( I really hope you heal up soon, especially in time for your vacation!! :love:

Asiel
02-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Ouch--- not the funniest experience to live through but better that you had it x-rayed so it can heal properly. Sending prayers it will be healed in time for you holiday. Never put off till tomorrow.....:D

mrspunkysmom
02-28-2012, 09:13 PM
AH, I hope it heals well. Get your kitty nurses to purr over it for you.

Glad you caught it before it might hav become a true break.

Thinking positive thoughts

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Hope your foot will heal up fast. Try not to move around too much! It sure would be nice to go to Tenerife without the plaster on. Where will be staying?

We will be staying in Playa de las Americas
2 more days now, and then they will take of the cast off my leg and control with a CTscan if the fracture is healed! I cannot wait, I so much wanna get rid of that :mad:cast.......

Last Saturday I had an experience I hated........
We were in Ostend, at our apartment on the seafront. We had been to a concert and came home around 11pm. Then we found out that the elevator wasn't working........:eek: . Our apartment is on the 4th floor..... ! All our stuff was still up there, and also 2 of the cats (Zazou & Inka).
So, I worked myself up to the 4th floor, which took me about 20 minutes!!! The stairs are turning stairs, and nothing to grab with my hand...!
We called the firm who placed the elevator, and they promised to come within an hour. The man came yes, but wasn't able to fix it.......
So, in the morning, as we had to be somewhere at noon, I had to get back downstairs again, and Bernard had to run down and up at least 7 times to get everything in the car!!
Today I have really severe back pain, and even strong painkillers aren't helping very much...!!
I hope I will feel much better tomorrow....

phesina
03-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Oh my God, that's just awful, Lut.

I hope everything goes well for you to get rid of the cast shortly!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: