PDA

View Full Version : ACcessing archivved phone backup files

mrspunkysmom
02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Nancy Anne Hesse

Okay Previous phone was a blackberry. I backed up the blackberry a short while before it crashed and I still have the files. However, the blackberry software will not let me access the contents without the BB, whihc I still have but I took out the SD card. I downloaded some software for free but to get the entire contents you have to pay. Any suggestions?

mrspunkysmom
02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Yup here it is!

Wonder why i didn't see it earlier?

Sorry forthe re-post.

Karen
02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Did you go to the Blackberry website? There should be software there that can help you ... You want something that will download the information and enable you to save it in some intermediate step, then I guess you want to put it on your current phone? Or what is the goal?

mrspunkysmom
02-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Did you go to the Blackberry website? There should be software there that can help you ... You want something that will download the information and enable you to save it in some intermediate step, then I guess you want to put it on your current phone? Or what is the goal?

The goal is to hopefully retrieve family photos which were taken with the Blackberry. I had backed up the BB sometime after the funeral. The the BB went bad. The SD card was placed in the new droid phone. After transferring photos to my now defunct computer, I erased the chip. I am hoping the BB will have the archived photos. I have backp software but it is demanding that i have an SD card in the old blackberry before it will let me see the files.. I am trying to be cheap jsut in case the photos aren't there.