PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Hawaii?

momcat
02-23-2012, 07:53 AM
In the mornings I usually listen to the Today Show while having some coffee and petting Groucho before leaving for work. As they were talking about weather, the announcer said there's snow in Hawaii and actually showed a film clip of a mountain covered with the white stuff!!! :eek: Then here in Trenton they're threatening another 60 degree day IN FEBRUARY!!!! This is just too wierd :eek: :eek: :eek:

Has anyone else seen this?

happylabs
02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Wow...snow in Hawaii? I missed the morning news. I overslept and had to make a mad dash to get ready for work.

The weather is definitly weird. I walked out my door to go to work and the sun was shining and the birds were singing like they do in springtime. It was well into the 40's and is supposed to go up into the upper 50's today here in Pennsylvania.

I'm loving it!

I wonder if they have snow boots in Hawaii? :D

Karen
02-23-2012, 08:35 AM
There is often snow on top of Mauna Kea - the biggest volcanic mountain in Hawaii, on the Big Island.

smokey the elder
02-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Crocuses usually start peeking out; I have crocuses in full bloom!

momcat
02-23-2012, 09:05 AM
There is often snow on top of Mauna Kea - the biggest volcanic mountain in Hawaii, on the Big Island.

Karen, From what they said on the news report, some roads had to be closed because of the snowfall. A very unusual situation out there. Even though my curiosity is killing me, I won't be able to catch any news until after work at 6:00pm.

happylabs
02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I found this story with video online:

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2012/02/20/video-winter-storm-dumps-snow-on-hawaii-islands-mountains/