PDA

View Full Version : SEE # 36 Lost the case. Back to work tomorrow and my decision for my future.

mrspunkysmom
02-22-2012, 12:51 AM
So today I filed an immediate transfer request. I also filed papers for a grievance procedure.

It took me a week to calm down from the events of Feb 09.

I already got one message on my home machine, but I will wait until tomorrow to deal with it. We girls went out tonight and I was determined to enjoy it. I even accidentally ate some gluten stuff but I didn't break out that much. That feels so good. :D

So wish me luck. For better or worse, this crap has to end.

mrspunkysmom
02-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Wow no replies.

Oh well.

So the message was about filing a formal extended medical leave form. Apparently faxing the doctor's note was insufficient. It's almost hilarious since since we are supposed to have 2 weeks notice to take a personal day on a work day or school day and fill out the form ahead of time. Professional days are just the same. Most of the time I and others turn in the form after we return to school. So this time they follow procedure?

Apparently I will be returning to work with nothing resolved.

Sigh

Karen
02-22-2012, 11:21 AM
It isn;t life as usual, you have started the ball rolling, even if you cannot see movement yet! Take heart!

phesina
02-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Hopes and prayers for you, Ann, that there are some positive results from this.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Lady's Human
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Grievance proceedings can take time. Hang in there.

From experience, when someone starts rattling about grievance proceedings, etc, the powers that be start dotting their "i"s and crossing their "t"s when dealing with the individual, which, in reality, just sets up disparate treatment charges.

happylabs
02-22-2012, 11:49 AM
I missed the story that led up to this. Can you point me to a thread so I am not in the dark. :D
Some days I feel my brain cells are losing their power.

Bonny
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Wow no replies.

Oh well.

So the message was about filing a formal extended medical leave form. Apparently faxing the doctor's note was insufficient. It's almost hilarious since since we are supposed to have 2 weeks notice to take a personal day on a work day or school day and fill out the form ahead of time. Professional days are just the same. Most of the time I and others turn in the form after we return to school. So this time they follow procedure?

Apparently I will be returning to work with nothing resolved.

Sigh

If they are now following procedures they must know something is going on? Maybe they are shuffling to get their act together?

mrspunkysmom
02-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Thank you

kaycountrygal
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I missed the story that led up to this. Can you point me to a thread so I am not in the dark. :D

I also am wondering what's going on. My brain cells are not great either.

pomtzu
02-22-2012, 12:58 PM
I also am wondering what's going on. My brain cells are not great either.

Ditto..........:(

Pinot's Mom
02-22-2012, 05:13 PM

ditto...this is the first time I've been on here since yesterday...whassup?:confused:

mrspunkysmom
02-22-2012, 06:41 PM

i couldn'tfind the original thread and realized that I must have only posted FACEBOOK for the original story.

The doctor gave me 10 days medical leave to calm dow from the events on Feb 9th. That day my boss reminded me that I haven't yet been officially observed for this semester and thus haven't yet been evaluated as to whether I have met the improvement requirements. He also told me if he had to make the recommendation that day he would fire me. He is one of myobservers. I complained to the head of my team and my boss retaliated by giving me extra planning requirements.

I filed a grievance procedure on that conversation and official notice and made a complaint on the boys that were sexually harrassing me. Im not afraid for my life, but I am afraid for what they night try to accuse me of and I won't be able to defend it.

I've got enough sick days saved up to stay out the rest of the year. I just need to get my doctor to agree.

Wish me luck.

Pinot's Mom
02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Alysser
02-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Much luck going out for you!!:love:

Lilith Cherry
02-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Good thoughts going out to you Anne! Keep your chin up!

mrspunkysmom
02-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Copied from my FaceBook post:

friend had an idea and I want y'alls opinion. She suggested that I resign this current position effective at the end of the current school term. The NEA rep was already suggesting alternatives and what to say to prospective employers. We wil play up the allergy issue and gluten (it's taking time to adjust.)

So do you think I should resign now with effective date at end of year? It ight get him off my back.

Karen
02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Copied from my FaceBook post:

friend had an idea and I want y'alls opinion. She suggested that I resign this current position effective at the end of the current school term. The NEA rep was already suggesting alternatives and what to say to prospective employers. We wil play up the allergy issue and gluten (it's taking time to adjust.)

So do you think I should resign now with effective date at end of year? It ight get him off my back.

Sounds like a good idea, and will give everyone time to adjust.

Pinot's Mom
02-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Sounds like the best idea to me.

Grace
02-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Personally, I would talk with an attorney before submitting any resignation. What's to keep them from terminating you now - thus saving themselves the money you are owed?

I would just make sure that you check out every detail before taking this step.

mrspunkysmom
02-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I have a contract, so short of stealing money, doing drugs, or abusing a child in one of many forms, the job is mine for a year.

What the evil boss is trying to do is make me look imcompetent so not only will my contract not be renewed the next year, I won't be employable in other districts.

This is ore about poor sportsmanship and not directed at me specifically. I, however, am the recipient this year. Next year it will be the other one that is past retirement.

mrspunkysmom
02-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Personally, I would talk with an attorney before submitting any resignation. What's to keep them from terminating you now - thus saving themselves the money you are owed?

I would just make sure that you check out every detail before taking this step.

yeah my friends had a good idea. And I wil check out th details. The union rep is not for it. I'm not sure why.

mrspunkysmom
02-29-2012, 04:41 PM
It seems that everyone has their agenda and I am not sure that my needs are on anyone's agenda but my own.

Now that I have heard back, just a phone call message asking me to call the asst superintendant, the union rep seems to have abandoned me. I've sworn all along that she has her own agenda.

It was just a voice mail. I've been waiting on it and now I have wussed out. I'm afraid to talk on the phone. What is wrong with me?

South Carolina is a right-to-work state and doesn't recognize unions. Most of the districts allow a teacher to have a representative in such meetings. Greenville does not.

I am not sure where to go from here. I do know that if I am subjected to the continual harrassment I might have another meltdown and this one might be in front of the students. I am wondering when I do meet with this gentleman if I shouldn't just put it that plainly.

Seeing the pshrink is the right move for many reasons. Someone wrote that they could see I was headed for a meltdown and they were right.

I am feeling a lot better and catching up on missed sleep. I am sleeping better. I wonder how much the knock on the head played this latest mood. For some reason, I am seeing Dorothy in her bed with a cold towel on her head with the gang all around her.

Later, and thanks for your support and belief in me.

moosmom
02-29-2012, 05:31 PM
I think you did the right thing going to a shrink. That is also documentation in a harassment situation. Make sure you take care of yourself, Anne. As far as using up your vacation time till the end of the year, I'd say either do that or take a medical leave of absence. I'm sure your doctor would help you with a note.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. There's nothing worse than being forced to go to work everyday in a place where you're miserable. Trust me, I TOTALLY get it.

:love::love: and hugs,

Donna and fur crew

Pinot's Mom
02-29-2012, 06:12 PM
We're always here to listen and very glad you're getting help with this. Prayers.

mrspunkysmom
03-01-2012, 09:43 AM
I think you did the right thing going to a shrink. That is also documentation in a harassment situation. Make sure you take care of yourself, Anne. As far as using up your vacation time till the end of the year, I'd say either do that or take a medical leave of absence. I'm sure your doctor would help you with a note.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. There's nothing worse than being forced to go to work everyday in a place where you're miserable. Trust me, I TOTALLY get it.

:love::love: and hugs,

Donna and fur crew

That's what I'm doing. Using Sick Leave. But the doctor has to sign forms, and he's being a jerk. I've been thinking about looking for a new doctor for a while anyway. Even the Nurse practioner for the pshrink looked at me like I was shamming so I am wondering what my doctor said to her. I see a counselor next week, so we shall see.

My docs overdosed me on antihistamines, lowered my thyroid intake, and almost didn't consider the amlodipine as a cause of hives. I had to make some decisions myself. One of my doctor's chewed me out during a panic attack. I was adjusting my meds to find out what I was allergic to. These guys weren't helping and kept piling meds on me. He's lucky he made me mad. What if I had really flipped?

I think I've figured it out. STRESS, wheat/gluten/starches/yeast, amlodipine, and loratidine.

I keep getting skeepy during the day.

I do hurt so bad today. Must be that fall. Yikes!

Thanks for listening.

Catty1
03-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Take care of yourself - which you are doing, checking out your allergies and meds.

Why can't your doc refer to you an allergist? I bet someone like that would know about med allergies and all the rest!

I just looked up amlodipine and it's a drug prescribed for angina. There are some pretty wacky side effects. Yow!

mrspunkysmom
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Take care of yourself - which you are doing, checking out your allergies and meds.

Why can't your doc refer to you an allergist? I bet someone like that would know about med allergies and all the rest!

I just looked up amlodipine and it's a drug prescribed for angina. There are some pretty wacky side effects. Yow!

They did, but the allergist wanted me off the antihistamines for a full week before the appt. At that time, I wouldn't have made it two days. I scheduled the appt for June but that was before I had a panic attack and took time off. I might stop the antihistamine this weekend and see what happens.

I think I've figured out what was causing the allergies for the most part. Stress is the other factor.

I'm looking for a new doctor. It may take a while.

Right now I'm just resting. I'm not sure if the fatigue is the concussion or the increase in Zoloft.

Karen
03-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Yes, you need to be off antihistamines for at least two or three days for any allergy tests to be functional. I am usually sniffly and miserable at that point, but know the results in my case are worth the effort.

moosmom
03-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I've PM'd you with my number. If you feel like talking, don't hesitate to call me. I can call you back as I have free long distance.

DO take care of yourself.

cassiesmom
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Oh my goodness. Big, big thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

mrspunkysmom
03-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Yes, you need to be off antihistamines for at least two or three days for any allergy tests to be functional. I am usually sniffly and miserable at that point, but know the results in my case are worth the effort.

If it was just the sniffles, I would have done it. I was covered in hives, head to toe. And my sinuses, lips, and face would swell to the point I couldn't breathe. So I used process of elimination.

I might still go to the allergist.

thank you all for your concern.

Anne

Karen
03-01-2012, 11:17 PM
If it was just the sniffles, I would have done it. I was covered in hives, head to toe. And my sinuses, lips, and face would swell to the point I couldn't breathe. So I used process of elimination.

I might still go to the allergist.

thank you all for your concern.

Anne

Maybe next time, eat only "guaranteed safe" stuff during the "no antihistamines" period, while it may be boring "oh yay, rice and chicken for dinner" at least you might be less miserable. And by then, using the "elimination" process you should be able to avoid other triggers as well, we hope!

(When I say "sniffly," I mean sinuses plugged full, post-nasal drip and sore throat, and asthma starting to creep back in, to be more exact. They knew to give me as short a time without my drugs as they could!)

mrspunkysmom
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Well, I met with the district representative yesterday and today. We went through all of the material that my boss sent in. I think it was overkill.

Supposedly I have been reprimanded 32 time in the last three years. I think its been more than that if the paperwork represented 32 times. I know there were some things missing. There were at least a hundred sheets a paper representing written reprimands, statements by named and unnamed students, statements by named and unnamed staff, copies of statements by me, emails, and copies of my observations.

I wasn't paranoid. People really were reporting most everything I said. And some of it was typed on plain white paper, some signed, some not.

I think the purpose was to overwhelm me. It did for a little while.

I'm proud of myself. I kept my cool really well, only becoming slightly exasperated by the excessive paperwork.

He said he'll try to get back to me by the beginning of next week. We shall see.

Karen
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Sounds like it went as well as could be executed, congratulations for keeping your cool. How's the food issue going, by the way? I thought of you tonight, as my favorite rice pudding is on sale (buy one get one) AND I had a coupon, so of course I got it, and it says "Gluten free" in big green letters on it. My body doesn't care about it being gluten-free, but it is happy that unlike most other puddings out there, it has no corn starch or corn syrup!

mrspunkysmom
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
I wonder if this is what your brother meant? It seems like this was overkill on the bosses part.

I still have them. I have skin tests Friday. So I'm off my allergy meds now. I'll post about this in the other forum. Thanks for reminding me.

mrspunkysmom
03-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Sounds like it went as well as could be executed, congratulations for keeping your cool. How's the food issue going, by the way? I thought of you tonight, as my favorite rice pudding is on sale (buy one get one) AND I had a coupon, so of course I got it, and it says "Gluten free" in big green letters on it. My body doesn't care about it being gluten-free, but it is happy that unlike most other puddings out there, it has no corn starch or corn syrup!

I'll have to look into Rice Pudding. Thanks

I go back to work tomorrow. Not that I like being a drain on the system, but I do not want to go back to that place. I do not like the adults there.

Yes, I lost the case. He hasn't ruled on the observation yet, but I did lose on my request to change schools.

So I'm going to resign tomorrow but make it effective for the end of this school year. Hopefully, the Powers That Be will leave me alone and let me do my job.

"You got to know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em" as the song goes. I've fought this battle and lost. It's time to move on.

I am not without support and it's time I made use of that.

This particular job has drained me and made me negative and I need to get back to positive.

So long, JOB. Hello life!

Catty1
03-20-2012, 05:46 PM
So long, JOB. Hello life!

:D:love:

mrspunkysmom
03-20-2012, 05:54 PM
:D:love:

Thank You! :love: :D