PDA

View Full Version : ONE YEAR TODAY, since the devastating Christchurch Earthquake...

carole
02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Today it is one year since 185 lives were lost in our beautiful City Christchurch, there will be many memorials in all cities today, to remember those who lost their lives.

It is indeed a very sad day for many, i remember doing some searching on facebook and i found my old boyfriend, he and i were together briefly when i was 20yrs old, and it did not end well, but i was horrified to read he lost his 24 year old son in the earthquake, i can just imagine how painful today for them is.

Please spare a thought for the NZer's today, thank you.

david p
02-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Carole, my Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers are with the 124 people who lost their lives and their families who have to live with their loss daily in that devastating earthquake.

carole
02-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks Bro, unfortunately it was more than that, 185 people lost their lives, must be a terrible day for them all, we have been having lots of earthquakes recently in the north and south island, seems like the whole of NZ is rather unstable, scarey stuff,far enough away from me at the moment, but who knows.:(

Karen
02-21-2012, 02:59 PM
You will all be in our prayers.

Freedom
02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
A sad day with such a loss of life.

How have they done in Christchurch with rebuilding?

kaycountrygal
02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
It was a terrible event; I am so sorry for those who lost their life. You're in my prayers.

phesina
02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Prayers and blessings for all affected by this terrible event, which is to say everyone in New Zealand. May you keep safe.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

carole
02-21-2012, 08:54 PM
The building is coming along, but they have a very long way to go yet, of course they are still experiencing many after shocks, some quite big too, not good.