PDA

View Full Version : Dale Earnhardt Jr wants to kill me or...

RICHARD
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
........Why fear death?

---------------------

Racing season is almost here and the local supermarkets are promoting that fact.

At the local Kroger, they have put up life sized, cardboard pictures of Jeff Gordon and Little E in the aisles, hawking their sponsors and the products.

---------------

I was at the store on Friday and happened to pass by the DE cut-out. I doubled back, got the attention of my roomie then took a run at him. I knocked him over, laughed about it, then picked him up and went on my way.....

-----------------

We went home, had dinner and about 11:10 thought about going to sleep. I looked at my roomie and told her that I was ready to go to sleep.

A few minutes later, I hear a thunk, another thunk and just as I think, "Oh, someone had an accident at the intersection........

BOOM.

The wall/window I am sitting next to explodes.

A millisecond later, I am almost in the dining room and my room mate is yelling "WHAT THE EFF HAPPENED?"

I said to her "I don't know." Then two seconds later I see the front hood of a car and know exactly what happened.

There is smoke, plaster, dust and all kinds of stuff flying around.

I am trying to get my wits about me and I then see the cat run into the kitchen, I hear my roomie get to the phone and hear the engine of the car running.

(Warning, I was stunned, ticked off and and more adrenaline pumping thru my body, every other word out of my mouth was F or some variation of the term.....I think that I will find some F-Bombs still scattered about the mess. So when you see the letter "F" you know what I mean?)

I am standing by this point and I think this guy is trying to back the car out of the house, So I grab a 2x4 and slam it on the hood and yelling at the guy to turn the F'n car OFF......

Nothing.

I yell a few more times and fearing a fire or some other crazy end to my life I make it over some junk, open the driver door and reach in to turn the car off. The driver is either wasted, dead or had some kind of seizure.

I was too stunned and too pi$$ed off to help the guy out of the car, so I made it outside to the front lawn where some neighbors have come out to see what had happened.

--------------------------

The right side of my body hurts like heck, my thigh feels bruised and I have soom other incidental bumps.

I feel really stupid because I bailed out of the house while my roomie was on the phone w/911. But I knew she was OK because she made it to the back of the house and into the kitchen where the phone was located.

Still cursing like a sailor I sat down on the lawn while people asked me "WHAT HAPPENED?"

------------------------------

I love the fact that people, while being well meaning, can as a question that has an obvious answer.

Answer?

Some idiot just ran his car into the front of house.

--------------------------------------------------

The car is a white Chevrolet Lumina, that managed to punch thru the house and the only thing visible from the street is the rear end of the vehicle, the back tires resting on the foundation of the building.....

I have to take a break now, my whole body hurts, I need aspirin and I want to keep you all in suspense for a while...;)

I am going to try and post some pics of the incident, give me a minute?

pomtzu
02-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Holy Crap!!!

You're all lucky to be alive - all of you - 2 and 4 legged varieties too.

I'll be waiting for the next chapter.

All I can say is WOW!! I've seen similar events on the news, but thankfully nothing like that ever happened here. The big trees out front stopped the car before it got to the house! :eek:

Cat Daddy
02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
........Why fear death?

---------------------

Racing season is almost here and the local supermarkets are promoting that fact.

At the local Kroger, they have put up life sized, cardboard pictures of Jeff Gordon and Little E in the aisles, hawking their sponsors and the products.

---------------

I was at the store on Friday and happened to pass by the DE cut-out. I doubled back, got the attention of my roomie then took a run at him. I knocked him over, laughed about it, then picked him up and went on my way.....

-----------------

We went home, had dinner and about 11:10 thought about going to sleep. I looked at my roomie and told her that I was ready to go to sleep.

A few minutes later, I hear a thunk, another thunk and just as I think, "Oh, someone had an accident at the intersection........

BOOM.

The wall/window I am sitting next to explodes.

A millisecond later, I am almost in the dining room and my room mate is yelling "WHAT THE EFF HAPPENED?"

I said to her "I don't know." Then two seconds later I see the front hood of a car and know exactly what happened.

There is smoke, plaster, dust and all kinds of stuff flying around.

I am trying to get my wits about me and I then see the cat run into the kitchen, I hear my roomie get to the phone and hear the engine of the car running.

(Warning, I was stunned, ticked off and and more adrenaline pumping thru my body, every other word out of my mouth was F or some variation of the term.....I think that I will find some F-Bombs still scattered about the mess. So when you see the letter "F" you know what I mean?)

I am standing by this point and I think this guy is trying to back the car out of the house, So I grab a 2x4 and slam it on the hood and yelling at the guy to turn the F'n car OFF......

Nothing.

I yell a few more times and fearing a fire or some other crazy end to my life I make it over some junk, open the driver door and reach in to turn the car off. The driver is either wasted, dead or had some kind of seizure.

I was too stunned and too pi$$ed off to help the guy out of the car, so I made it outside to the front lawn where some neighbors have come out to see what had happened.

The right side of my body hurts like heck, my thigh feels bruised and I have soom other incidental bumps.

I feel really stupid because I bailed out of the house while my roomie was on the phone w/911. But I knew she was OK because she made it to the back of the house and into the kitchen where the phone was located.

Still cursing like a sailor I sat down on the lawn while people asked me "WHAT HAPPENED?"

I love the fact that people, while being well meaning, can as a question that has an obvious answer.

Answer?

Some idiot just ran his car into the front of house.

--------------------------------------------------

The car is a white Chevrolet Lumina, that managed to punch thru the house and the only thing visible from the street is the rear end of the vehicle, the back tires resting on the foundation of the building.....

I have to take a break now, my whole body hurts, I need aspirin and I want to keep you all in suspense for a while...;)

I am going to try and post some pics of the incident, give me a minute?

Jr. doesn't know you're alive. Is this a cry for help?

RICHARD
02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Holy Crap!!!

You're all lucky to be alive - all of you - 2 and 4 legged varieties too.

I'll be waiting for the next chapter.

All I can say is WOW!! I've seen similar events on the news, but thankfully nothing like that ever happened here. The big trees out front stopped the car before it got to the house! :eek:

LOL...One of the firemen asked me if I crapped my pants, Nope, no dice.....:D

These pics are not the best, my roomie has a better camera, and I will post those pics tomorrow.

The most amazing thing?

From where the car came thru the wall?

I was sitting less than three feet from the window, a foot from the built in bookcases that covered the wall...I ended up about 15 feet away from where I was sitting, with nothing but a scratch on my right forearm and a bunch of bumps and bruises........

Doris was three feet to my left, sitting on the sectional - she was pushed into the dining room wall and she only had bumps and bruises, also.

When things were settled down? The front tire of the car was on top of the recliner where I was sitting.

I don't know how I got to the other side of the room and only had a scrape on my arm.

Oh, BTW?

He missed the gas meter at the front of the house by two feet!

More later on!

RICHARD
02-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Jr. doesn't know you're alive. Is this a cry for help?

Nope, it was revenge for taking him down in the grocery aisle. They have CCTV in the store and I am sure one of his fans/Kroger employees traced me down by my rewards card info and put a hit out on me...;)

Karen
02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
That happened to a friend of mine when we were in high school, thankfully her family lived on the second floor. The car ran off the road and into her house right below her bedroom while she was asleep right above where the car went. She woke up and thought we were having an earthquake and then realized "Wait a minute, we're in Massachusetts, we don't GET those ..." and then was fully awake and realized what had happened. Thankfully in their case, there were no tenants on the first floor so no people were hurt but the drunk driver in the car.

Scooter's Mom
02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Thank goodness you're all okay!!

happylabs
02-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Holy Crap is right!!! We see this on the news here at least once a week it seems that a car goes crashing into a house. Why is this happening so much?

Please tell us the rest of the story......

RICHARD
02-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Here is what happened to the Ed and Tucker..

Ed was sitting on the back of D's chair, the impact knocked him off the chair and into the pile of stuff.....

His collar got knocked off in the excitement and I found him sitting under the bed, stunned and not really wanting to get out from under there.

Tucker ran down the stairs and into the basement - a place he usually stays out of.

We had to pack them up and go to a hotel for the night. The cops, fire dept. and ambulance wrapped everything up at about 2 a.m..... When we got settled there the dog barked at every noise and since the airport next door - a hub for UPS - they begin to send out planes at about 4:30 a.m.

I think I heard every single one taking off.

We slept on and off and spent a very restless night, tossing and turning.....

-----------------------------

On Saturday, we went back to the house, the FD helped us out by putting plastic sheeting across the opening, so we called a handyman to put some ply-wood over the hole. It needed three sheets of 4x8 foot plywood to cover the gap.

On Sunday we went back to start the process of cleaning up, I am amazed and totally puzzled by the lack of injuries and thankful that it wasn't more serious.

I saw pieces of wood that were six to eight feet long, some with five inch framing nails sticking out of the ends, pieces of wood that had spintered into 12, 16, 20 inch long spears and thank god that no one was impaled.

There were three double hung, double paned windows that were on the wall the car hit and they pivoted toward the other side of the room, away from us.

The lower part of the outside wall was brick, not the facade brick, but real honest-to-george bricks that flew into the dining room, about 35 feet, D pointed out a box of envelopes that were on the shelf that landed, unopened against the wall.

The path the driver took was a pretty wild one too.

The house is on the cross bar of a T-intersection. He came off the main drag, ran up on a neighbor's lawn for a bout 50 to sixty yards, flew off the curb, across the street, up our curb and ran up our lawn.

The craziest thing?

The tire tracks ended at the walkway that curbed up to the front door.

He had compressed the suspension of the car when he went off the curb across the street, up our curb and finally the slope of the lawn launched him into the house, right at the edge of the cement walkway.

-----------------------------------------

I have always thought that people, who are in accidents or some kind of other trauma, who use the terms, "it was like a warzone" or "I thought a bomb went off" were being overly dramatic.

I have never been in a warzone or near bombs going off, but I do know that that was one of the most violent events I have ever been in and would not wish that on anyone, period.

----------------------------------------

I almost died last April and this past Friday dodged a major bullet.

I think I have seven lives left, but am really not interested in finding out just how many.

I can't answer why or how I am so lucky--I did tell the fire man that I felt like I was F***y, a contraction of the term Effin-Lucky.

-------------------------

So tomorrow the insurance company and the contractor will be back at the house, to begin the process of getting us back into the house.

For the record, the people at State Farm Insurance have been great, I know that some people may have had a bad experience with them or another company, but until then?

I guess I'll have to let you know what happens....

Lady's Human
02-20-2012, 08:47 PM
If it was a red Lumina I'd have thought Dale Jr. was out to get you.

Being that it's white, I'm not so sure, Junior don't roll without a sponsor!

RICHARD
02-20-2012, 10:51 PM

He was under cover or it was one of his flunkies, you ever heard of the 'D.E. NATION'?

NASCAR fans are really dedicated.:o

pomtzu
02-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Geeze Richard, someone upstairs must really like you. I know that sounds the opposite of what you're relaying, but with all that you've been thru in the course of a year --------- and you're still here to tell about it?????? I can't even imagine......... Praying that the Big Guy upstairs keeps on covering your back side - we need you to stick around. :)

So what was the story with the driver? - drunk, medical issue??? Did he survive??

{{{hugs}}} to all of you, but not real hard. You're already hurtin' enuff..:eek:

RICHARD
02-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Geeze Richard, someone upstairs must really like you. I know that sounds the opposite of what you're relaying, but with all that you've been thru in the course of a year --------- and you're still here to tell about it?????? I can't even imagine......... Praying that the Big Guy upstairs keeps on covering your back side - we need you to stick around. :)

So what was the story with the driver? - drunk, medical issue??? Did he survive??

{{{hugs}}} to all of you, but not real hard. You're already hurtin' enuff..:eek:

The scariest part?

I have strayed from the fold in recent years.......

I must be doing some thing right?:eek::)

Last night was the worst. I think I am finally getting caught up with my body. I swear, when I post the next batch of photos you'll see what I mean when I say that I am totally amazed that we all made it thru w/really nothing serious happening.

I'll probably have a 'moment' when I can relax and sleep for a month. Still too much adrenaline!

I'll give everyone your best wishes!

Thanks.

smokey the elder
02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Yikes! Just...yikes! I'm glad no one was seriously hurt, what with all the bricks etc. becoming missiles.

Bonny
02-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Richard your guardian angel is working over time. Glad to hear everyone is all right.

chocolatepuppy
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
WOW!!!:eek: I'm glad you're all ok!

cassiesmom
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Holy crap! Thank goodness nothing happened to you or your roomie, Tucker or the Edster!

Seriously, I do hope you will be out of the hotel next to the UPS hub in no time flat. Being awakened by jet engines at oh-dark-thirty does not sound fun.

I had State Farm for a long time. They were great but gol-darn expensive.

I bet you'll all be living somewhere else for awhile until they can be sure your house is structurally sound and the construction work is done. You need anything, holler.

RICHARD
02-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Promised photos...

The car approached from the left of the picture, across the lawn of the house across the street

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/xxlt/011-1.jpg

Front of the house, the gas meter is hidden behind the bush on the right.

I was sitting about where I am, except facing the fireplace..

This is looking at the area I landed, across the room...

RICHARD
02-22-2012, 07:34 AM
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/xxlt/004.jpg
The debris field...

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/xxlt/028.jpg

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/xxlt/029.jpg
The chair I was sitting in....The left arm is where the front left tire landed!

Lady's Human
02-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Does your sig still hold true, Richard?

RICHARD
02-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Does your sig still hold true, Richard?

If I win the lotto?
I think that I am a prime example of being 'lucky'.

I will miss my recliner.:eek::mad::(

---------------

I think yesterday is when it all caught up with me.

The guys from the renno crew came and cleared out the big stuff and when they left I took a two hour nap, in my own bed.......we went back to the hotel and my stomach hurt all evening long.:rolleyes:

---------------------------------

Before I forget?

As if to mock me.........the Kroger/DE JR. commercial was running as I turned off the TV set to leave for home....

Bonny
02-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Your recliner saved you life. All those bricks! It is a miracle no one got killed.:eek: The glass in the windows is not even broken?

kaycountrygal
02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
WOW! I just read this entire thread & looked at all the photos. To me, it looks strange that the car hit your house. It looks as if the driver had to maneuver a certain way in order to hit it. Once in awhile it happens around here but it's usually at the end of a street or highway & driver ran a stop sign or on a sharp curve & driver didnt make the turn.

My Goodness! You are very fortunate that you werent severely injured. I am glad your pets are ok also. You all are very lucky indeed! I think you do have a Guardian Angel! Also I hope the insurance covers everything you lost.

pomtzu
02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
After seeing those photos - I'm speechless. Seriously!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Wow! Richard I'm so glad you all are ok. Yep, I'm sure your guardian angel was working overtime. In fact, he may have had help. Every day I ask God to watch over all my friends on Pet Talk and give them extra angels when they need them. I'm so glad they are on the job!!!

Now stop cheesing race car drivers off, ok? :love:

By the way, that recliner looks exactly like one I have. Well, sort of have. My cats have taken it over and shredded it in lots of places. It sure was comfy in it's day though.

happylabs
02-22-2012, 02:26 PM
All I can say is HOLY CRAP...HOLY CRAP...HOLY CRAP!!! I would sue the guy at least for wrecking your recliner. :D

So glad you are okay. Looks like a nice neighborhood and a nice house.

How many of your 9 lives have you used up?

happylabs
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I read through everything again. What happened to the driver?

RICHARD
02-22-2012, 03:19 PM
The windows were three double hung, double paned windows that were bolted together. When the driver hit, the whole set of windows pivoted away from where we were sitting..had the gone towards us? I shiver to think what would have happened!

The windows stayed together - I used a Sawz-all to cut them apart to begin getting the junk out of the way. Had they not been nailed together, it would have been a little different.:eek:

I think that the arm of the recliner cushioned the blow, I had a huge knot in my thigh and no real bruising.:o

-----------------

The divots in the grass are from the wrecker pulling the car out that way.

He passed to the left of the tree/bush in that photo....the grooves in the pic make it look like he swered into the house.

---------------

If I do have 9 lives?

I do not plan on using any more, for a while at least!

Right after the crash, I opened the door and managed to turn the car off.

The driver was passed/knocked out behind the wheel. A neighbor checked on him after and it wasn't until the paramedics came, that he came to and started to yell, "God Help Me..."

They took him out of the car, handcuffed to the backboard and took him to the hospital....We will find out exactly what was the matter with him when we get the police report!

-----------------

Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers...

Yes, I do lead an exciting life?;)

pomtzu
02-22-2012, 03:33 PM
-----------------

Yes, I do lead an exciting life?;)

Do you think you might be able to tone it down - just a wee bit??? I think you're giving all of us ulcers.....:p

RICHARD
02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Do you think you might be able to tone it down - just a wee bit??? I think you're giving all of us ulcers.....:p

I promise I'll try to keep it to a low roar....:eek::)

MOFF,

Your angels should get time and a half.

I do believe in luck, divine intervention and chance..but when I go back and start to think about the 'what-ifs', there is no arguement that I really, really do roll with some kind of guardian angel.

Wait a second....

My life is way to exciting to have just one angel.

:eek:;):love:

cassiesmom
02-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Richard, I think a LOT of angels were definitely looking out for the four of you! :D

Are you still being awakened in the small hours of the morning by departing UPS flights? I'm just so glad ALL the residents of your house are safe and sound. Just let us know where and when you'd like the new recliner delivered.

RICHARD
02-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Richard, I think a LOT of angels were definitely looking out for the four of you! :D

Are you still being awakened in the small hours of the morning by departing UPS flights? I'm just so glad ALL the residents of your house are safe and sound. Just let us know where and when you'd like the new recliner delivered.

Thankfully we are in a Holiday Inn far away from the airport.......In the next few days we are going to get into temp housing for the immediate future.

I do have a tent, just in case?;)

happylabs
02-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Thankfully we are in a Holiday Inn far away from the airport.......In the next few days we are going to get into temp housing for the immediate future.

I do have a tent, just in case?;)

I, too, am glad you are all safe now and without airplanes flying over at night.

How is Ed coping with all of this?

RICHARD
02-23-2012, 08:28 AM
I, too, am glad you are all safe now and without airplanes flying over at night.

How is Ed coping with all of this?

Tucker goes back and forth with us...Ed alternates days in the hotel and going home.

The bed is his favorite place, I love this bed too.......He jumps up, passes out and he's way happy.

He has adjusted nicely and I am really thankful that none of the pets were hurt.

Had anything happened to either one?

I really would have throttled the AH driving he car.:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
02-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I promise I'll try to keep it to a low roar....:eek::)

MOFF,

Your angels should get time and a half.

I do believe in luck, divine intervention and chance..but when I go back and start to think about the 'what-ifs', there is no arguement that I really, really do roll with some kind of guardian angel.

Wait a second....

My life is way to exciting to have just one angel.

:eek:;):love:

I very firmly believe in guardian angels. Mine has saved my behind lots of times. Every day I always ask God to give our guardian angels extra angels when they need them. Sure glad he was listening that day!!! :love:

happylabs
02-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Tucker goes back and forth with us...Ed alternates days in the hotel and going home.

The bed is his favorite place, I love this bed too.......He jumps up, passes out and he's way happy.

He has adjusted nicely and I am really thankful that none of the pets were hurt.

Had anything happened to either one?

I really would have throttled the AH driving he car.:eek:

Glad Ed is okay. :love:

RICHARD
02-23-2012, 05:31 PM
I do have to find humor in the accident and today I finished picking up all the crap from the room.

I waas pretty amazed at all the dirt, shrubs and other crap I found on the floor.

The one thing that made me really laugh was the loss of only one CD.

It was a Garth Brooks album and I'll give you an hint as to which one it was....

The title was VERY appropriate.;):p:rolleyes:

cassiesmom
02-23-2012, 05:46 PM
I do have to find humor in the accident and today I finished picking up all the crap from the room.

I waas pretty amazed at all the dirt, shrubs and other crap I found on the floor.

The one thing that made me really laugh was the loss of only one CD.

It was a Garth Brooks album and I'll give you an hint as to which one it was....

The title was VERY appropriate.;):p:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Fresh Horses"! ;)

beeniesmom
02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
WoW, I just saw this! Glad you are ok. All I can say is Holy Cow!!!

RICHARD
02-24-2012, 07:48 AM
WoW, I just saw this! Glad you are ok. All I can say is Holy Cow!!!

LOL, I wish it had been a cow that had come thru the window. I could have hamburgers and steak for a while?:eek::rolleyes:

-------------------

The contest for Name the Only Album to Break ends on Monday Night, 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time.:)

Lady's Human
02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Let me guess....

"In Pieces" lived up to the name.

Catty1
02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Has anyone found out why this guy was driving like a maniac? Drunk? Having a heart attack or seizure (it does happen)?

Just glad that you and Doris and Ed and Tucker are ok, if a little shaken up. :love::love::love::love:

I hope the house can be repaired soon!

RICHARD
02-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Let me guess....

"In Pieces" lived up to the name.

Ding, ding, ding....We have a winner!!!!

I laughed when I saw the title.

---------------------

The guy in the car had a seizure, for which he was taking meds for...that's all we know.

------------------------

The masons were out today and dismantled the bricks at the front of the house.

cassiesmom
02-24-2012, 07:19 PM
The guy in the car had a seizure, for which he was taking meds ... that's all we know.

Oh, boy. Does this mean he won't be held liable for the damage to your house, because his impairment is due to a medical condition rather than alcohol or illegal drugs? If he has epilepsy, why was he driving? Man oh man. What did the police say?

RICHARD
02-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I was so hoping Jr. would have won.

That would have gotten him off my 'poop list'.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Oh, boy. Does this mean he won't be held liable for the damage to your house, because his impairment is due to a medical condition rather than alcohol or illegal drugs? If he has epilepsy, why was he driving? Man oh man. What did the police say?

That means he shouldn't have been driving in the first place. My step sister had epilepsy and couldn't get her driver's license until she was off meds and sezure free for 5 years.

Catty1
02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Hopefully his insurance will cover it!

pomtzu
03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Hopefully his insurance will cover it!

It doesn't really matter if it does. since Richard's roomie's homeowners insurance will. Then her insurance company will fight it out with his - at least that's the way it works here in DE.

RICHARD
03-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Here is what I know and what I do not know.

I really don't know all the legal ramifications about driving with a predisposed condition like this guy had.

In CA?

If you get into an accident while having a medical emergency, there is a system in place where the DMV is notified thru the the law enforcement agency and the physician that treats you after the accident. I am not sure how they go about suspending or curtailing your driving privileges, but, you do have to go and have a hearing with the dept. to get that all cleared up. It is a PITA to navigate all the red tape, but it keeps the public safe and people who should not be driving, off the road.

As I said in the story?

I was pretty ticked off after the accident and glad I didn't drag the guy out of the car. When I saw he was passed out I kinda felt sorry for him. The neighbor that came into the house told me to go out and sit down, which was probably the best for everyone at that moment.

The guy did have car insurance - Allstate - so his and D's insurance company will battle it out.

(I am just glad that the guy, Mayhem, from the commercials wasn't involved, those spots make me laugh evey time I see them......)

D's ins co does cover me, but I really don't have any complaints, other than I wish it hadn't happened. I am very thankful that nothing happened to anyone and really don't want to get all tied up in the hassle of lawyers and stuff like that. I just want D's place to be fixed and life to get back to normal, if you can call my life 'normal'.

---------------------

We are currently being put up in an apartment building for the immediate future and plan on being here for 3-7 weeks.

It's a nice place and other than not being able to push the Tuckster out the door to go potty and the Edmeister not wanting to come out of my bedroom for the first few days?

Things are moving along quite nicely.

The masons were to start putting the bricks up on the front of the house today, but seeing it's such crappy weather- Tornado alerts for the area - I guess they will take the day off.

---------------

Thanks for the notes and for asking.

I'll keep you all up to date as things go down

Lady's Human
03-02-2012, 09:06 AM
I'll keep you all up to date as things go down

didn't enough "go down" already? Bricks, framing, etc.?

Wouldn't think you'd be in the mood for more to go down. :p

RICHARD
03-02-2012, 03:39 PM
didn't enough "go down" already? Bricks, framing, etc.?

Wouldn't think you'd be in the mood for more to go down. :p

The tornado sirens have been going off for the last 30-45 minutes.....thanks for jinxing me.:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-02-2012, 05:09 PM
The tornado sirens have been going off for the last 30-45 minutes.....thanks for jinxing me.:eek:

Hope you and all are safe, Richard. The weather channel had a big old circle around your town, just like a bullseye!!! :eek::love:

RICHARD
03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Hope you and all are safe, Richard. The weather channel had a big old circle around your town, just like a bullseye!!! :eek::love:

The weather hit to the north and south of us.

I was just watching the local news and my heart is broken ( I can't let Doris see me tear up, had we been in the way?
I would have just given up - it reminds me too much of being in CA during the earthquakes......)

There is something totally unfair about what people have to endure in order to live.

We are all o.k., the storms went to the north and south of our location and I am very thankful that there was nothing else to be put onto my plate.

Please think about the people who have lost loved ones or have suffered any injuries during this time....:(

shais_mom
03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
The weather hit to the north and south of us.

I was just watching the local news and my heart is broken ( I can't let Doris see me tear up, had we been in the way?
I would have just given up - it reminds me too much of being in CA during the earthquakes......)

There is something totally unfair about what people have to endure in order to live.

We are all o.k., the storms went to the north and south of our location and I am very thankful that there was nothing else to be put onto my plate.

Please think about the people who have lost loved ones or have suffered any injuries during this time....:(

holy $hi+! I'm so glad you are ok! I totally agree that it has been happening a LOT lately!

A friend of mine had a seizure and he went 6 mos seizure free and got his license back - but he doesn't have epilepsy.

My cousin's grandparents lost their home and everything in Northern KY tonight, so as I was reading this I was hoping you'd checked in tonight!
((hugs))

Karen
03-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Yes, thanks for letting us know you are okay, Richard! We will keep all of them in our prayers.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-03-2012, 08:04 AM
So, glad you and yours are ok, Richard. Prayers flying for all who are needing them. :love:

The thing that scares the beejeebers out of me is that May is usually our most active tornado month. :eek::love: There were over 90 tornadoes just yesterday and that doesn't include the ones that hit KS and MO the day before. :eek::love:

Buddy_Lee
03-04-2012, 11:28 AM

It was the ghost of Kevin Harvick past.

RICHARD
03-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Wow,

They have almost finished the brickwork outside the house and the guy doing the drywall was there today and finished the inside of the room.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the speed work and professionalism of the companies involved. It's NOT my house, but I am stunned at the pace the work that has been done and the quality.

-------------------------------

This incident has put into perspective life and some of the things I take for granted everyday.

The newspapers have been filled with stories of the victims of the tornadoes and storms that hit the area in the last four-five days.

We have been put out of our house because of an accident that wrecked a portion of my roomies house.

I cannot imagine losing a WHOLE HOUSE to a tornado, then having a storm drop three inches of snow on top of your heartache.

I know I keep saying this over and over again.

But, I am truly the luckiest man in the world.

Keep the people of Kentucky and Indiana - and all the other places hit by these storms in your heart.

They really need the help.

RICHARD
04-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Wow,

We finally got to move back into the house.

We got back here on Saturday and I have to say that it's good to be back home.

I'll keep you all posted

happylabs
04-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Wow,

I'll keep you all posted

That is great news! Back to normal. How's Ed doing?

mrspunkysmom
04-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Richard, I just realized that this thread wasn't simply one of your normally skewed takes on life as it is. I had not even read it as I am not into Auto Racing.

At least you have a sense of humor. That always helps.

I hope the driver's license is taken from the driver.

WoW! I'm glad you are all okay. You are so lucky. And your roomie, Ed, and Tucker, too.

Karen
04-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Must be so good to be back in your own home!

RICHARD
04-03-2012, 08:05 AM
It's great to be back in my own bed.

The front room is still short of furniture - when Tucker barks is sounds like a echo chamber - we now have to put up curtains, buy furniture and get things put away.....

happylabs
04-03-2012, 08:34 AM

The front room is still short of furniture - when Tucker barks is sounds like a echo chamber - we now have to put up curtains, buy furniture and get things put away.....

Time for a new photo shoot of Ed and his buddy Tucker. :D

mrspunkysmom
04-03-2012, 12:53 PM

And OZ quote comes to mind: "There's no place like home."

cassiesmom
04-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Wow,

I'll keep you all posted

Oh, good! I was just thinking of you this morning! This is good news! Will your homeowners insurance help with the cost of replacing curtains and furniture? I hope so.

ChrisH
04-04-2012, 09:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/9.gif Bloody 'ell, Richard!

As you may have guessed I've only just read this thread.
I would say there is no doubt that guardian angels were working on all your behalf's that night. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/yes.gif So glad you all ended up safe and sound with no injuries http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

cassiesmom
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Richard, how are things going with your house? Have you gotten curtains and furniture for the room that was so echo-ey? Did they ever figure out exactly what caused the driver to hit your house?

Karen
04-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Richard, how are things going with your house? Have you gotten curtains and furniture for the room that was so echo-ey? Did they ever figure out exactly what caused the driver to hit your house?

He posted earlier, the driver had a seizure, which is what caused the accident.