PDA

View Full Version : Nhl 2011-2012

cassiesmom
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
I can't find a thread for hockey. Karen, if there is one in place already, could you please merge this one to it?

Anyway, hockey. As I'm typing this, the Blackhawks have lost 9 of their last 9 games! Where did our hockey team go?! They are 15 points behind Detroit and 11 behind Vancouver in the conference. Come back, Hawks!

phesina
02-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Yesterday the Detroit Red Wings won their 21st home game in a row.. setting a new record!

GO WINGS!!!

Grace
02-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Yesterday the Detroit Red Wings won their 21st home game in a row.. setting a new record!

GO WINGS!!!

What she said !!!!!

sparks19
02-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Blah... the Habs are sucking big time this year. The team is teetering on the edge. The coach was fired (I don't know why they brought Martin in the first place. with his track record? He was never the right coach for the team. The only thing he had going for him was that he spoke french) and an interim coach was brought in and he has zero control over this team. They are beyond frustrated and fights are breaking out all over the place between team mates, between players and coaches, etc etc.

This off season they need to CLEAN HOUSE!!!!! Totally gut the franchise. Get the GM out of there, he is AWFUL!!!! Get a good, strong coach behind the bench and get rid of the dead weight (*cough* Gomez *cough*.... guy makes $7 million dollars and he just scored his first goal in over a YEAR!!!!)

It's beyond frustrating as a fan to watch this team go out and play like they don't give a flying fig about what they are doing. It's frustrating to watch the team pile it all on Goaltender Carey Prices shoulders. he can't do it ALL and I can't imagine how frustrated he is watching his team skate around like they are out for a sunday skate in the park while he works his butt off to keep the embarassment to a minimum.

Grace
02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
It's Hockey Day in America, and our Detroit Red Wings have just won their 23 straight home game :)

cassiesmom
02-21-2012, 07:28 PM
The Blackhawks have won three in a row -- LIKE! They're playing Detroit tonight, but Toews isn't playing (upper body injury). The Hawks are still 15 points behind Detroit in the standings. LET'S GO HAWKS!

cassiesmom
04-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Game 6 of the Blackhawks-Phoenix play-off series. The Hawks are down 3 games to 2. Scoreless after two periods. Hang in there Hawks!

cassiesmom
04-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Game 6 of the Blackhawks-Phoenix play-off series. The Hawks are down 3 games to 2. Scoreless after two periods. Hang in there Hawks!

The Blackhawks lost ... bummer.

david p
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Unfortunatly, like me, the Penguins will be watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Grace
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
The Cup winners from 2008 (Wings), 2009 (Penguins), and 2010 (Black Hawks) are gone - in the first round. Last years winner (Bruins) play a game 7 tonight.

I find it refreshing to see some new faces and uniforms still playing :)

Grace
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Bye, bye Boston. The last 4 Cup winners are gone.

smokey the elder
04-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Tonight we could see another #8 seed (Ottawa) knock of a #1 seed (NYR).. I think the Rangers are cursed, ever since they took the Stanley Cup on the subway and dented it! Hopefully the Devils won't do their perennial one round and out they seem to have done every year since 2004.

RICHARD
05-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Great,

The Kings make a run during the playoffs and I am no where near El Lay.

Of course, that may be the reason they are doing so well......:eek:

----------------------

The only time Lord Stanley shows up in CA is when a cartoon team wins it.

RICHARD
06-14-2012, 01:03 PM

smokey the elder
06-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Congratulations to the LA Kings! They earned it, even if it was at the expense of my Devils.

Jessika
06-15-2012, 07:29 PM
I'll continue bleeding Blue no matter what happens (you must admit, they had an amazing season this year!)

cassiesmom
09-27-2012, 10:56 PM
The entire 2012-13 pre-season has now been cancelled because of the players' lockout. That leaves me with the White Sox who are not in first place anymore; the Cubs- let's just not go there; and the Bears with Forte and Urlacher both playing hurt. The Bulls start in a couple of weeks, so that's good. But I am reeeeeeally ready for the return of hockey. Let's sort this out, NHL!

sparks19
10-01-2012, 10:54 AM
At this point... I kind of wish that when they do come back enough people will be like "SCREW YOU" we are locked out on YOU now. I'm so frustrated with this nonsense. Are we going to have to go through a lock out everytime the current contract is up? it's ridiculous. these people are ADULTS aren't they?

Jessika
10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
At this point... I kind of wish that when they do come back enough people will be like "SCREW YOU" we are locked out on YOU now. I'm so frustrated with this nonsense. Are we going to have to go through a lock out everytime the current contract is up? it's ridiculous. these people are ADULTS aren't they?
I guess making millions every year just isn't enough for some people... :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
10-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Patrick Kane is going to Switzerland to play hockey there. Please settle this quickly, NHL!

sparks19
10-24-2012, 03:31 PM
I guess making millions every year just isn't enough for some people... :rolleyes:

You know... this time I can't even blame the players. Bettman is an arse and he's basically putting the salaries on the players shoulders instead of where it belongs... on the owners. He's basically telling the players that if you are offered a $15M deal you should be a decent guy and turn it down for a more reasonable salary. WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT? You can't blame the players because you think they are making too much... blame the guys that are PAYING them this much, Bettman.

Among other things.

but yeah this time I think Bettman is just being a petty tyrrant

cassiesmom
01-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Oh, Vancouver, did you really have to call your players up right now? I wish they could stay with the Wolves a tad longer because we still need a little help :p But it's been a lot of fun following the Wolves during the NHL lockout. Welcome back Blackhawks, I missed you!

Karen
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Will anyone be watching the games once they start up again?

Jessika
01-07-2013, 06:39 PM

You know..... it's a tough call for me. One one hand I realize that the players are just as much victims of this as we are. Well, I can speak for the Blues, anyway; they have made it be known during this entire lockout that all they want to do is PLAY HOCKEY, and how silly it is...

You know... this time I can't even blame the players.
but yeah this time I think Bettman is just being a petty tyrrant
Well that's kinda what I meant. The big man just wants more money. I think it's ridiculous that venues can charge OUTRAGEOUS prices for food and drinks. I mean really $9 for a soda is ridiculous (oh, but wait! You get a "collector's cup" that isn't even dishwasher safe so you hardly ever use it and buy a new one every time you go there because you can't bring the old one back, and the free refills for the new one are worth more than buying the $5 dixie cup every time! :rolleyes: ). The REAL victims here are us!!!! We get nickel and dimed going to every game, the players bring the spectators, and the venues take advantage of everyone.

So......... yeah, I'm not sure if I'll watch the games. I certainly won't be going to any.

Catty1
01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
I kinda wish the players would have started a league from scratch. Oh well, maybe during the NEXT lockout....

Jessika
01-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I kinda wish the players would have started a league from scratch. Oh well, maybe during the NEXT lockout....

Which won't be for another 8 or so years now ;)

cassiesmom
02-17-2013, 11:24 PM
The Blackhawks are 12-0-3 with a 15-game point streak! Go, Hawks! You got the 2010 Stanley Cup and it would be very nice if you could get it again!

Grace
02-18-2013, 11:53 AM

Here, with one of the Original 6 teams, you better believe people are watching! And going to the games, and staying until the games are over. One thing I have noticed - at the end of every home game, the players skate around the rink - applauding the fans.

On the other hand, if Bettman were to go out on the ice, I think he would be bombarded with octopus . . . . .

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSujszHYzcjW5LCRraLtKUQSb4subJPC eO841EomGfPQeA_8EsH

cassiesmom
05-28-2013, 07:18 AM
The Blackhawks are 12-0-3 with a 15-game point streak! Go, Hawks! You got the 2010 Stanley Cup and it would be very nice if you could get it again!

Go, Blackhawks! Way to win game 6! Come on home now and get ready to win game 7! The Red Wings are going to the NHL Eastern conference, which I think stinks, because they have a really good rivalry with the Hawks. Sort of like the Bears and Green Bay. Their fans come here, our fans go up there. Our two cities have a lot in common. Now we won't play them as often because they will play different teams.

cassiesmom
06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah, Blackhawks! Two wins in a row!

cassiesmom
06-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Note to Pittsburgh: you might be down but you're not out ... go get 'em!

Grace
06-07-2013, 09:53 PM
SWEEP !!!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2013/06/07/bruins-940-6col.jpg

Karen
06-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Boston Strong, baby! Congrats to the Bruins, who accomplished despite all the naysayers!

Grace
06-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Love this - the first Original Six final since 1979 - 34 years!!

cassiesmom
06-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Oh, Blackhawks. This is going to go down as the Year of Missed Power Play Opportunities.

cassiesmom
06-25-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm one of many in Chicago who figured there would be a Game 7 on Wednesday at the United Center. I was listening to the game in the car because a thunderstorm came through and my building had no power, and my transistor radio is at work. We were down 2-1 with about 2 minutes left in the game. I've had a really hard time following hockey on the radio as opposed to watching it on television. Surprise! Two goals in less than 20 seconds.

There were pictures from the Boston Garden in the newspaper - pretty neat with all those Bruins and Celtics banners from many years of successful teams.

Karen
06-25-2013, 08:16 PM
From my hospital bed last night, I ended up tuning in to the last ten minutes or so of the game - so first it was 1-1, then 2-1, and then in rapid succession, we lost 3-2. Then I shut off the TV end went back to sleep! Well played, both teams, it just turned out Chicago won this year!

cassiesmom
06-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Way to go, Rocky and Mr. McDonough. This was a very nice thing to do. Bruins fans, when your team comes to Chicago please come and visit us so we can return the courtesy.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-hawks-thanks-bruins-20130628,0,6246683.story

phesina
06-28-2013, 07:31 PM
I saw something about that on the evening news. That was really nice. VERY classy too!

Karen
06-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Very gracious, and maybe it will be an example to other sports teams and cities. It is not easy to be as kind in victory. as some people get busy congratulating themselves. Job well done.

cassiesmom
09-18-2013, 04:00 PM
The Blackhawks are back at the United Center! Good thing, too because the White Sox and Cubs are looking pretty dismal.

cassiesmom
05-29-2014, 01:16 AM
Oh, Blackhawks! You are making me verrrrrrry nervous! I don't think it was supposed to be like this.

RICHARD
06-02-2014, 03:04 AM
-o.0-

didn't watch the game....I can't do stuff like that anymore.
that series was pretty much a toss-up and anyone could have won it.

----------------

"To be the champ, you have to BEAT the champ."

RICHARD
06-12-2014, 11:47 AM
I spoke to my brother last night before Game 4 and his prediction?

A Los Angeles loss.

And the reasoning behind it?

"I want the Kings to lose, If they win, the parade will be held on Friday. Everyone will ditch work to be there. IF they lose and win on Friday, the parade will be held on Monday or Tuesday, everyone will be at work and I'll have the whole place to myself....."

Karen
06-12-2014, 04:15 PM
I am so still not accustomed to the Stanley cup being played in mid-June. It just seems way too late, and overlaps Baseball too much. It was hard enough as a kid trying to pay attention to Bruins and Celtics at the same time ...

cassiesmom
06-24-2014, 05:17 PM
The Blackhawks' first pre-season game is only three months from yesterday! They play the Detroit Red Wings at the UC on September 23.

RICHARD
06-24-2014, 09:27 PM

Jessika
06-24-2014, 09:43 PM
I am so still not accustomed to the Stanley cup being played in mid-June. It just seems way too late, and overlaps Baseball too much. It was hard enough as a kid trying to pay attention to Bruins and Celtics at the same time ...
ESPECIALLY if your team is in post-season and competing for the opening for baseball... bahhhh

RICHARD
07-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Anze Kopitar and his dog enjoy a little time with the Stanley Cup.

RICHARD
07-26-2014, 06:06 PM

Drew Doughty, his dog and Lord Stanley's Cup

------------------

The World Cup goes to FIFA,
Lord Stanley goes everywhere!!!!