PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity keeps on knocking...

Alysser
02-14-2012, 08:17 PM
So I am now a believer in good things happening when you least expect it.

Recently, I've been so bummed out about some stupid math grades and some other issues I thought I was in the middle of some downward spiral that was just going to get worse. Looks like the winds are changing for me...

So, firstly despite some bad grades in math, I somehow am still getting an A, which is very relieving for me!

On friday, when i got home from Sociology and a long boring Photography history lecture, I found out that I was invited to joined the Honor Society (one of those things with the weird greek names) at my school. The orientation is on Sunday night and I am DEFINITELY joining! It was so nice that after all the hard work in the stupid required classes and getting a 3.77 GPA I was finally being recognized for it!:D

My best news? I applied for an internship back in December for a Wildlife Rescue and Rehab center, but wasn't thinking much of it. After I got home yesterday the place had called and left a message telling me if I was still interested they wanted to do a phone interview. I called back and we made my phone interview for Thursday at 3:30. I am so excited.

It'll be a busy summer with classes, work, and interning (if I get it) but I am so ready! :D

k9krazee
02-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Good luck on your phone interview! Sounds like things are looking up :D

mrspunkysmom
02-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Good Luck on Everything.

Queen of Poop
02-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Woo hoo!!! Sounds like good news all around. Good luck with the phone interview!!! :D

kaycountrygal
02-15-2012, 09:22 AM
TERRIFIC NEWS!! I am so happy for you. I'm sure you will do great with the phone interview. I say that because you express yourself very nicely in your posts and I'm assuming you can speak well also. An "A" in math--wonderful! ALso congrats on being in the Honor Society; you deserve it. Let us know what happens. Good Luck!

lizbud
02-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Alright, way to go Alysser.:) Congratulations on this good news.:)

Catty1
02-15-2012, 10:50 AM
There ya go - you are offishally a Intellecshual! :D

Congratulations!:)

Alysser
02-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks so much for the support guys!!

The phone interview was at 3:30 today, and I think it went well. She will be c ontacting me next week in regards to whether I got it or not! :D