PDA

View Full Version : I meet a lawyer tomorrow

mrspunkysmom
02-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Wish me luck. I'm searching for all of those written reprimands I've received. I did get a backup of the Dell Outlook file so I should be able to retrieve some of those emails too. Some of the word documents were in emails.

I'll let you know.

Karen
02-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Good luck!

sana
02-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Hope everything goes great and perfect!! :) :love:

mrspunkysmom
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Well South Carolina is a Right to Work state which means even as a teacher I have few rights. I'm not in a protected class, so it looks doubtful the lawyer can help me. Bascially, it's not illegal for my boss to mistreat me.

It might be time to call it quits and look elsewhere for my fortunes.

I do have options, but I don't want to use them if I can stay working as a teacher.

Pray for me and my future. I'm not giving up, but I can recgonize when the odds are against me.

pomtzu
02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Are you anywhere near retirement age?

Karen
02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
What grade or subject do you teach? Just curious.

phesina
02-15-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry to learn that. Prayers and good wishes for you, Anne.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catnapper
02-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't know your story, but I do know my husband was harassed when he was a teacher. He reported the distrcit for cheating on their standardized tests, and they did everything to make his life miserable and quit. They wrote him up for every minor incident (my personal favorite was that he taught about Dr. Martin Luther King on Tuesday after the holiday --- apparently it is not allowed to be taught because its not in the curriculum) He fought back. He ended up taking a disability retirement, but he kicked and screamed the whole way out and ended up making changes within the district. At least his own personal pain helped other teachers. We tried to sue but no lawyer would take the case.

Oh, and the MLK thing? He got the NACCP involced and now the district MUST teach it :)

I know your pain, and I feel for you. If you want to talk, my husband would gladly give you information we found out along the way.

mrspunkysmom
02-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I don't know your story, but I do know my husband was harassed when he was a teacher. He reported the distrcit for cheating on their standardized tests, and they did everything to make his life miserable and quit. They wrote him up for every minor incident (my personal favorite was that he taught about Dr. Martin Luther King on Tuesday after the holiday --- apparently it is not allowed to be taught because its not in the curriculum) He fought back. He ended up taking a disability retirement, but he kicked and screamed the whole way out and ended up making changes within the district. At least his own personal pain helped other teachers. We tried to sue but no lawyer would take the case.

Oh, and the MLK thing? He got the NACCP involced and now the district MUST teach it :)

I know your pain, and I feel for you. If you want to talk, my husband would gladly give you information we found out along the way.

The laws from state to state probably differ, but I would like to hear what he has to say. I kept decent notes the first two years. Some were lost when the hard drives crashed. I fortunately emailed some stuff back and forth.