PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Berry...cat killer

moosmom
02-14-2012, 05:22 PM

I don't know if you guys remember an abuse case I followed in Enfield. A grown man stomped on his neighbor's kitten and killed it. He was sentenced to 2 1/2 years behind bars.

Well...there was a very tragic accident today. A hit and run. Killed two people, sent two other people to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

It seems that Mr. Berry was released from jail after serving a year and a half. He was arrested for the fatal hit and run and is being held on a million dollars bond.

If only they made him serve his entire 3 1/2 years, this whole tragedy could've been avoided.

I hope this piece of $hit ROTS in jail!!!

Karen
02-14-2012, 06:42 PM
How tragic, but maybe this will serve as a lesson to the Connecticut court system. A person who has no regard for animal life often feels the same about human beings.

moosmom
02-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Just saw the news this morning. They mentioned the cat killing incident. He is no stranger for the Enfield PD. In 2002 he was arrested for kicking a police dog! He was seen drinking at two bars prior to the accident. The owners of those bars might as well hang up their liquor license and shut their doors, cuz once the dust settles, the families of the victims I'm SURE will be filing lawsuits, and as well they should.

momcat
02-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Two people dead, two more critically injured and this creepazoid runs? I'm relieved to know he's locked up and hopefully the key to his cell is whereabouts unknown! He's toast!!!

My prayers are with the innocent lives he took and those who were so badly injured. Maybe now he'll get the justice he deserves! Please keep us updated, Donna?

moosmom
02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Just got back from court. Judge Scheinblum, whom we thought had retired, was on the bench this morning. YAY!!!!! He was the judge that sentenced Kyle Berry to 2 1/2 years behind bars for killing his neighbor's cat.

The defense attorney tried to get his bail reduced from $1 million to $100,000 cash surety. He told the judge that Mr. Berry is only charged with one count of felony evading. (SO FAR!!!) I know there are going to be other charges filed eventually (i.e., vehicular manslaughter) once the investigation is complete, especially if either of the two surviving victims, God forbid, dies. The judge was hearing none of it. He reminded Mr. Berry of his killing the cat and assaulting a police dog. He reiterated the fact that two people are dead and two in critical condition because of his actions, and denied the reduction.

Here comes the bad part. Nancy and I were walking out of the courtroom quietly, keeping to ourselves, when a big tall black kid got in my face and said, "What're you two DIRTY ladies doing here anyway, talking $hit? Don't you have anything better to do?" I was caught off guard. I said, "Excuse me???" He repeated it again. I told him I had every right to be there and it was none of his business why I was there. As we were going out of the courthouse building, he again, got it my face. I lost my composure. I started yelling, "If he had only served the entire 2 1/2 years of his sentence for killing a cat, two people wouldn't be dead and this entire tragedy would've been avoided!!!" Well, unbeknownst to me, the tv cameras were rolling and caught it on tape. The LAST thing I wanted was to come off as a crazy biatch who loves to stir things up. The marshalls came out and did crowd countrol. I was shaking and went into a full blown panic attack.

Needless to say, I'm sure it'll be on the news today. I am not happy about this at all and am quite embarassed.

Next court date is March 6th.

phesina
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Dear sweet Donna,

Thanks for telling that junior dirtbag the facts of life. And I hope if this is on TV it will stir a few more people to action.

He wanted to know: "Don't you have anything better to do?" Didn't HE have anything better to do? ... like be in school?????

I hate SO many people! A plague upon all of them.

God bless you, Donna. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

moosmom
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
I believe it was one of Berry's sons. I put my hand up for him to leave me alone and he wouldn't let up.

Here's the video from Fox61

http://www.ctnow.com/videogallery/68138941/News/Man-Appears-In-Court-In-Enfield-Hit-And-Run

pomtzu
02-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Way to go, Donna!

And Berry's sister says "he's not a monster"!!???? I wouldn't exactly call him "the boy next door"! :mad: What kind of person can leave a horrific accident that they caused, and just go home and go to bed??? This monster has no soul. He needs to be locked up, and the key thrown away so that he can never hurt (animals or humans) again!

momcat
02-18-2012, 10:38 PM
I just now had a chance to watch the video. His sister actually said he's not a monster. Is she kidding? After hearing the judge at the hearing, who is she trying to convince? Would a decent, caring human being kill 2 people then run away and go to sleep? I don't think so! Does this low life even have a conscience? And if the news station is going to show a film clip of the confrontation outside the courthouse, show the ENTIRE thing! To anyone who doesn't know what actually happened it comes across as being sympathetic to this $%@!!*&^

moosmom
02-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Here's the other video that clearly shows me trying to get him outta my face.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/16935105/driver-who-fled-scene-of-deadly-crash-due-in-court?clienttype=printable

I will definitely keep you guys posted. At least now people won't accuse me of ONLY being there for the animals.

Catmom,

Leave it to the Hartford Courant (and Fox61 news) for only showing half the story.

pomtzu
02-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Sure!!! This dirtbag had the presence of mind to stash the truck at a relative's house, but claims he didn't realize what happened till the following morning?? :rolleyes: Puh-leeeeeze ~~ give me a break! :mad:

momcat
02-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Sure!!! This dirtbag had the presence of mind to stash the truck at a relative's house, but claims he didn't realize what happened till the following morning?? :rolleyes: Puh-leeeeeze ~~ give me a break! :mad:

Apparently his sister's reality check bounced!

Alysser
02-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Oh no, not a monster at all!! Only a nice guy would STOP on a freakin' harmless kitten and KICK a dog. :rolleyes:

This stuff really really peeves me as I am sure it does everyone else. I have a friend who died because of some idiot under the influence and he to was fresh out of jail for DUI charges and for killing my friend he faces 3 years. I DON'T GET IT!! I hope these scumbag rots in prison for LIFE!!

pomtzu
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
I went and spoke with the Marshall supv. He told me that I was the aggressor at the last hearing according to HIS marshalls!!! I tried to explain MY side and how it STARTED when this kid got in my face as we exited the courtroom. He didn't ...want to hear it. I told him I was simply there to hear the proceedings and leave. Then, to make matters worse, the Hartford Courant reporter, Christine Dempsey was there. I had been friends with her since my days as a writer at the Courant. In her last story of the arraignment, she wrote, "an animal activist began yelling at Berry's family". She got snotty with me when I tried to explain exactly what happened BEFORE we were outside of the courthouse. (not that I needed to). She told me " there were at least 3 outbursts and it's not about the cat!" and proceeded to walk away from me. I KNOW that!! I was simply there in support of ALL the families involved. Let's see what kind of one sided story she comes up with THIS time. I was always taught you get BOTH sides of the story before writing a story. Guess her ethics are different than mine. I'm glad the victim's family members refuse to talk to her. God only KNOWS what twist she'd put on their comments. Next court date is April 3.

Fabricated sensationalism sells more papers than reporting the mundane truth. We're behind you Donna.

moosmom
03-06-2012, 05:23 PM
I will not be posting anything more on this piece of $hit. I'd like to thank everyone for their support. :(:(

momcat
03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
That is incredible! Has she ever heard of professional ethics? Sure doesn't seem to apply to the press, why let the facts get in the way of the story?