PDA

View Full Version : I have a walker now

catmandu
02-14-2012, 09:19 AM
As the Cat Man has mobilty issues and some indications of Parkinsons disease.:eek::eek:I am going in fgor neurological tests Monday , and am praying that what I have is an extension of diabetes.
My Josephine LOVES the walker and uses it as a launching pad to leap upon Mikey Fluffy Tail:rolleyes::rolleyes:
And it is easier to bring the Cat Food home as I have torn rotator cuffs and I have a seat that I can sit on waiting for buses!!:cool::cool:
Please pray that I will still be able to care for My Found Hotel Cats :love::love:

Freedom
02-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Oh dear, age has a way of catching all of us, Gary! How many do you have currently at the Found Cat Hotel?

Best wishes for the tests on Monday.

Karen
02-14-2012, 11:39 AM
There are many thinks that can mimic Parkinsons, so I am glad you are going for tests. Good luck, at least these tests you don't need to study for!

moosmom
02-14-2012, 11:42 AM
I feel your pain, Dude!!! I'll be on crutches come March 26th. I hope everything turns out well for you honey!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

:love: xoxoxoxox

Donna and fur (non-fur) crew

katladyd
02-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Even if it is Parkinson's, with the proper diagnosis and meds, your symptoms will very likely improve. So, you may be getting around even better than you do now. My sister's hubby has a form of Parkinsons and his meds help him tremendously. I'm wishing you nothing but good things, Gary.:):love:

Randi
02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
My best wishes that you'll be mobile and able to care for your crew. I hope the tests will be fine. :)

Fister sends purrs. :love:

smokey the elder
02-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Do you have one of those jobs that has wheels, and you can turn it around and sit on it? I've seen those and folks love them, because they are much easier to deal with than the rectangular design.

phesina
02-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Good wishes and prayers and good purrrrs from all of us, Gary.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, Lavinia, and Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

kaycountrygal
02-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe it won't be Parkinson's. Good luck on the tests.

Killearn Kitties
02-14-2012, 05:02 PM
I'll be thinking of you, Gary. I very much hope that the tests go well for you.
Oscar has all his paws crossed that the man who sends the best toys in the world gets better soon!

momcat
02-15-2012, 07:34 AM
My prayers are with you, Gary :love:

catmandu
02-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Thank You to all who have sent such good wishes.:love:
Tahnk You especially katladyd in telling me about your brother in law who is actually doing better now. 'I have a mobile walker with four wheels and a basket.
Of course the basket every morning is occupied by Scrapster , for some reason he lovesit.
This walker does make things easier as I do not have to carry heavy cases of Cat Food!!!
;);)
And Freedom we have 7 Found Cats plus Two I have TNRED.
They are staying close to home because of the ice and snow , I pray that they will stay in our double back yard.:love::love:
Thank You again for all your prayers and good wishes I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate them.:):)

katladyd
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Gary, her husband always had some tremors, but was fine with his mobility. He has a neurological disorder similar to Parkinsons, only his onset was in childhood sometime (I don't know the entire story). Anyway, Parkinson's and other disorders like it are progressive, they get worse over time. The meds help with the symptoms and slow the progression down quite a bit. When he was in his late 30s, he slipped and fell on some ice on the sidewalk and broke his hip. So now, between his disorder and his hip, he has a pronounced limp and a cane. But he is around your age and still doesn't need a walker. I hope your doctor can help restore much of your mobility but allow you to keep the walker (for the cat food hauls!):D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Prayers on the way for you from me too, Gary. Not being able to take care of my cat kids is the one big fear I have so I know how you feel. The worse my arthritis gets and the less mobile I am the more I worry about them. :love:

Scooter's Mom
02-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Saying prayers for you, Gary. I hope that this is only a temporary setback for you.

catmandu
02-16-2012, 09:30 AM
:love::love:
My Dear Mother installed in me not only the love of Ctas , but the fact taht things would not always go smoothly!!:love:
WE sometimes have to carry on regardless, and when you have lemons you make lemonade.:)
Actually this walker makes things a bit easier and I have the pleasure of seeing Josephine and her amazing leaps!!!:love:
I have the feeling taht her targets are not all that angry with thier Little Cat Companion:)

mrspunkysmom
02-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Prayers and good wishes for you, Gary. Hope the tests turn up good and that you feel better soon. Maybe keep the walker anyway as been suggested. i love to lean on a shopping cart in a store.

mrspunkysmom
02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
:love::love:
My Dear Mother installed in me not only the love of Ctas , but the fact taht things would not always go smoothly!!:love:
WE sometimes have to carry on regardless, and when you have lemons you make lemonade.:)
Actually this walker makes things a bit easier and I have the pleasure of seeing Josephine and her amazing leaps!!!:love:
I have the feeling taht her targets are not all that angry with thier Little Cat Companion:)

Thank you for that quote. Gary. I really needed it right now. I keep seeing phrases like that all over.

Cheers to making and drinking lemonade!

maerlyn
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
I feel for you, Gary. I have a pinched nerve in my spine and figure I'll be in a scooter or power chair within 10 years. :( How to take care of the furkids is my big worry, too. Best of luck with your test; I will say a prayer for you.

catmandu
02-17-2012, 09:56 AM
My Awesome Found Cat Hotel Angels are looking out for me as I am getting for 100 dollars a Deluxe New Walker from Dells Home Care!!
As I have health issues I only pay a portion of the cost.
My Case Worker Miranda who loves the Found Hotel Cats and they her say that it is a lighter weight, with a padded seat , ball bearing wheels and the stop cables are hidden, and the shopping basket is better.
I know taht My Angels, especially My Dear Mother are looking out for me.
I feel good that I am not alone:love::love:

smokey the elder
02-17-2012, 11:00 AM
"when life gives you lemons, make lemonade...and find someone who life gave vodka, and have a party!" Ron White. You have a great attitude, Gary. I wonder how many cats will find that the seat of your walker makes a great cat bed!

katladyd
02-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Life has been handing me some lemons lately, but I'm always ready to find the person with vodka (I have always loved that quote!) You never know what's going to happen tomorrow, so you might as well be happy.:D

Cat Daddy
02-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Gary it sounds like not only do you have a new walker but a new portable launch pad for Josephine. I would love to see those leaps. Hope your meds are a blessing and keep making that lemonade like Mom said. We're with ya Cat Man.;)

carole
02-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Gary so sorry to hear of your health issues, hopefully the test will be negative and you will be able to recover from your problems and soon, be thinking of you and wishing you all the best, great to see the kitties are making the most of your walker.:):love::love:

phesina
02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Gary, God bless your dear Mother, your Case Worker, and your Angels.. They are all blessings in your life, as you are in the lives of so many Pet Talkers and pets!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
02-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear you are having health problems Gary. I will put you on my prayer list and will sure send up very special prayers for the founder of the Found Cats Hotel. I will ask all the Angels to keep a watch over you also.

rg_girlca
02-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm so sorry to read about your health problems Gary. My prayers and positive thoughts are on their way.

catmandu
02-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I am staying positive, actually the walker has been so helpful in food and geezer transport that I am glad that I have it!!!:):)
I have the feeling that this is yet another gift from My Awesome Found and Porch Cat Awesome Angels in Purradise!!:):)
It makes getting the litter home so much easier;);)
Thank Yous to My Angels and All My Friends on Pet Talk :love::love::love::love: