PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing, how the time flies.

JuniorxMyxLove
02-13-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm officially in my last semester of high school :o In roughly 6 months, I'll be relocating to East Lansing to start my college career as a Spartan.

I can't believe how this has snuck up on me - I've been so busy that I haven't even noticed the time flying! Suddenly, I've got 14 weeks left of high school and I've got scholarship deadlines everywhere I look!

Just a quick run down of what's been going on while I've been mostly M.I.A.

I got my senior pictures done at my barn, which I LOVED!
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/seniorpicture2.jpg

I've found a roommate for next year and she seems pretty awesome so far, so I guess we'll see.
I've been working at my barn so much that all the parents are starting to recognize me, haha. Seriously though, I love it. Not sure what I'm gonna do when I'm 2+ hrs from the stables, but right now I'm just enjoying what I can. This is Billy - he's a pony that I've been schooling a lot. Such a sweetheart!
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/4-1.jpg

Haven't really done much art, but I think I'm gonna take up painting so be prepared for lots on that :)

I narrowly survived my final gym class of high school...had a gym teacher who was sexist and despised me (called me a 'lifeless unmotivated deadbeat' on more than one occasion). I spent 3 days a week in the weight room, failing miserably to gain any muscle :p I also spent a ridiculous amount of time playing dodge ball, which was absolutely TERRIFYING since I was playing against all of the varsity football and basketball players, and they throw really really hard. Also, we played with soccer balls which doesn't even sound legal. But. I passed and never plan on doing any sort of graded physical activity again.

My school paper and I just submitted things for the Spring Conference, which is basically an award ceremony. I ended up submitting 10 various drawings, stories and designs. I get judged against all of the other school papers in Michigan, so it's pretty exciting to win (which I'm hoping to do!) I've been drawing editorial cartoons every month, which people have actually told me they enjoy. Here's the rough draft of one from a few months ago:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/007/5/6/october_editorial_cartoon_by_sweetmelaniee-d4llmyo.jpg
(not sure why it's so large, sorry!!)

Sadie has had a slew of bizarre health problems, but what else is new? Currently, she's got the cone on because of a hematoma in her ear (just kidding, there were TWO. How?) that required a tube to be inserted so that it could drain? She's had it on for a few weeks now and gets it off tomorrow :love:

Felix is officially overweight and is on a very strict diet (he's the fattest cat we've ever owned - 19lbs! Again, how?!) which he isn't too happy about...but it's better than being a chub!

My headaches may have finally found their match in the form of Neurologist #3. After a myriad of different treatments for these headaches (everything from acupuncture to BOTOX), I found a guy who believes I have something called Hemicrania Continua. I just started taking Celebrex a few days ago, so I don't know yet if it works, but he seems pretty hopeful.

It looks like my year is on the decline now - I've got a ton of days off of school each month until I graduate in May and my teachers are all starting to let up on the work load, haha. I *think* I'm getting my wisdom teeth out over Spring Break, so that'll be fun.

So. Yeah. Right now I'm stuck at home with an ear infection so I thought I'd take the opportunity to pop in and say hi :)

Karen
02-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Sounds good! Do you know yet what you will major in in college? And trust me, staying in shape is important, but school gym classes are best to get over and done with! I hear that since I left, my college has instituted some Physical Education requirement, but there was no such think when I was there. We had random spontaneous volleyball games in good weather, where people would rotate in and out between classes regardless of teams, but that was about it. College tends to have far more interesting sports opportunities than high school ever did.

My life is NOT richer because I was once forced to play field hockey. And you cannot convince me otherwise!

I was lucky, in that once we got into the higher grades, our schools had a lot more outdoor and interesting activities, and outward bound kinda stuff!

Miss Z
02-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I found that the last few months at my old school were some of the best, even though it does seem like everything's winding down - enjoy them! College life is such an incredible experience and I wish you every success for your future. You must be very excited!

Lovely senior pic, too. :)

JuniorxMyxLove
02-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Sounds good! Do you know yet what you will major in in college? And trust me, staying in shape is important, but school gym classes are best to get over and done with! I hear that since I left, my college has instituted some Physical Education requirement, but there was no such think when I was there. We had random spontaneous volleyball games in good weather, where people would rotate in and out between classes regardless of teams, but that was about it. College tends to have far more interesting sports opportunities than high school ever did.

My life is NOT richer because I was once forced to play field hockey. And you cannot convince me otherwise!

I was lucky, in that once we got into the higher grades, our schools had a lot more outdoor and interesting activities, and outward bound kinda stuff!

I have absolutely NO clue what I'm going to major in. Right now, I'm accepted to the Residential College in the Arts and Humanities, but that still doesn't really narrow down what I can choose. I'm considering minoring in journalism, but I don't know what the major will be yet.

I DO stay in shape - riding certainly makes sure of that! Whatever fitness level I gained during that semester came from being a working student at my barn, not playing 8 different versions of dodge ball (yes, 8.)

My college actually has a Quidditch team, which sounds quite interesting. I may have to look into that...

When it was warm out, my gym class spent most of the time outside, but that wasn't better - it meant that we were playing (flag-turned-contact) football! With the football coach as a teacher. On a team of varsity football players. I seriously got body slammed and thrown through the air, caught, and set down gently during one game (I'm still not even sure how that worked)

I found that the last few months at my old school were some of the best, even though it does seem like everything's winding down - enjoy them! College life is such an incredible experience and I wish you every success for your future. You must be very excited!

Lovely senior pic, too. :)

Alysser
02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh it goes by so fast, but it's also alot of fun! I loved senior week and prom at my school, I graduated last year. Do you have a senior trip?

At this point, you can stop doing work now..;)

sallyandsnowx
02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm right there with ya! I am also a senior in high school and moving into college in about six months. I can't believe how fast the past three and a half years went. I still remember being terrified the first day of freshman year. :p

Your senior pictures are very pretty too!

dab_20
02-14-2012, 11:39 PM
How exciting :) Enjoy your last few weeks of high school, and also enjoy your parents. ;) I'm almost finished with my sophomore year of college and just moved out on my own, and miss my mom terribly at times! Sounds like your staying busy. That's neat you did your senior pictures at the barn! Love the one you posted.

Unfortunately you do have to take a gym credit for college, however they should have a ton of options. I hated gym in high school and wish I had the money to take a gym credit every semester in college! I've taken Pilates and Zumba and loved them both.

Good luck on deciding your major. You could start with generals and talking with other students may give you a better idea of where you would like to go with your education.

k9krazee
02-15-2012, 08:22 AM
How exciting! Enjoy East Lansing, I was so close to going to MSU but my parents live 15-20 minutes away and I wanted to get a little further away than that ;) It's a fun, great place to be though!

8 versions of dodgeball? That's exactly what gym class should NOT be.

JuniorxMyxLove
02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Oh it goes by so fast, but it's also alot of fun! I loved senior week and prom at my school, I graduated last year. Do you have a senior trip?

At this point, you can stop doing work now..;)

Uhm there's a school trip to Greece for Spring Break, but I'm not going on it. I'm going to Florida at the end of April with my family instead (chose Hogwarts over Greece lol)

I'm right there with ya! I am also a senior in high school and moving into college in about six months. I can't believe how fast the past three and a half years went. I still remember being terrified the first day of freshman year. :p

Your senior pictures are very pretty too!

I was actually just talking about freshman year today...it's CRAZY! My freshman year, we had this insane slew of bomb threats, fire alarms, actual fires, lock downs...we became very acquainted with the various emergency drills! There was one week where we had a bathroom fire (followed by a near fire in the foods room because cookies were left in the oven for an extra 30 minutes), 2 bomb threats and then an hour-long partial lockdown. :rolleyes: Can't believe it's been 3 years since that!

How exciting :) Enjoy your last few weeks of high school, and also enjoy your parents. ;) I'm almost finished with my sophomore year of college and just moved out on my own, and miss my mom terribly at times! Sounds like your staying busy. That's neat you did your senior pictures at the barn! Love the one you posted.

Unfortunately you do have to take a gym credit for college, however they should have a ton of options. I hated gym in high school and wish I had the money to take a gym credit every semester in college! I've taken Pilates and Zumba and loved them both.

Good luck on deciding your major. You could start with generals and talking with other students may give you a better idea of where you would like to go with your education.

It's gonna be weird, being away from my family. I mean...the longest I've been away from them at this point is like...a week. :eek: Same with my sister - even when she moved out, it was to an apartment a few miles away. Thank goodness for Skype! They'll be roughly 2 hours away from me.

ahhh, I don't want to take gym! I think that having to walk across the massive campus every day should be enough (which I will be doing - my dorm and the Dairy Bar are very far from each other hahaha)

How exciting! Enjoy East Lansing, I was so close to going to MSU but my parents live 15-20 minutes away and I wanted to get a little further away than that ;) It's a fun, great place to be though!

8 versions of dodgeball? That's exactly what gym class should NOT be.

I've spent some time in East Lansing from my various journalistic endeavors, and I've loved it so far.

I KNOW. There were versions in which there were no teams and it was a free-for-all, ones with several teams, ones with two balls...absolute torture.

kaycountrygal
02-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Hello, That's a lovely picture of you and your horse; I'm assuming that is your senior pic--very nice. Perhaps your headaches will get better when the stress of deadlines and high school are over but then you'll have college deadlines. Whatever the cause I hope you find relief.

High school for me was eons ago. Enjoy the rest of your high school days and then college; it should be a wonderful time for you. When you get to college, try to stay true to yourself and sensible, ok? Dont get talked into things you dont really want to do (end of lecture). I know I probably sound like an "old person" and I am LOL. Enjoy yourself but use your brain also. Best Wishes to you! Keep us posted.