PDA

View Full Version : Nikkita to vet tomorrow...worried..

carole
02-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Since my Ellie left Nikki just has not been the same kitty, i thought at first she was grieving and i believe that is what was happening, but now she is off her food, she continually licks her lips(vet said that is usually a sign of feeling nauseous) and she is staying away from us ,not the usual happy girl, playful , and i just have this awful feeling something is not right with my baby girl.

Yesterday she went to eat her food and vomited up in the bowl , was just clear like Fluid, only a small amount, and then she went to do it again, and she sounded awful like she was trying to catch her breath, it really gave me such a scare, i thought she was choking, but she came right after that.

I am worried sick to be honest, i dont' want her to have anything bad wrong with her, i am not even over loosing my Ellie yet, i don't think i could take it if there was something awfully wrong with my Nikki.

Please some prayers and positive thoughts would be so appreciated, to tell the truth i am scared .

Karen
02-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Prayers for dear Nikkita that she's not seriously ill, just a little something that the vet can help her get over quickly. Give her some extra snuggles in the meantime, and let her know that you miss Ellie, too. Animals grieve in their own way, but they can help us with our grief as well.

Catty1
02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Poor little Nikkita - she sounds so stressed! I hope the vet can help her with some temporary calming stuff, if that is what the problem is. I hope that is all it is, and is very treatable!:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
02-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Prayers for Nikki and her meowmy!

And a candle
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=15336221

phesina
02-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Oh, Carole, you and Nikkita have already been through so much lately...

Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are being sent your way, that the vet will help Nikkita will get over this soon. God bless you.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Freedom
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Prayers for Nikkita and for you too Carole.

Felicia's Mom
02-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and Nikkita.:love:

carole
02-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Thank you all and for the lovely candle too, so nice of you, yes i really dont' want anymore bad things to happen to my beautiful cats, Nikki is so special, they all are, she seemed a bit better today and was playful tonight, so fingers crossed it is nothing too major, oh my heart is a beating just thinking of it, feeling very nervous.

sana
02-14-2012, 06:21 AM
Gosh! Poor little Nikkita! :( Get well soon! Lots of prayers and hugs for little Nikkita! :love: Hope everything goes great! :)

Queen of Poop
02-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Sending prayers for you both. Soothing purrs from Cali and Diego.

kuhio98
02-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Saying my prayers the white coats can make sweet Nikki feel better.

moosmom
02-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh Carole, I'm so sorry about Nikkita. She probably IS still grieving. I hope there's nothing medically wrong. Thoughts and prayers coming from across the water, girl!!

xoxoxoxo

Donna

katladyd
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking good thoughts for Nikkita. I hope it's nothing serious. A couple of months ago, Ming had very similar symptoms. One Saturday morning he wouldn't eat and he was shaking and vomited up the dreaded "white stuff". He had diarrhea, too. I had to go to work, so I coudn't get to the vet. They couldn't find a substitute on short notice, but they did allow me to only work half a day. I came home 5 hours later and Ming was fine. I don't know what it was, but it passed as quickly as it came. I hope Nikkita has the same experience. Sending prayers up for you guys.:love:

carole
02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
thanks everyone, yes i am very very apprehensive about the visit, i honestly don't think it is just grieving for ellie, although things did happen around that time , it is probably just a coincidence, i hope for once i am WRONG,i took her once before because she was a bit unwell ,and the vet found nothing,gave me peace of mind, but i still just have a gut feeling,it always happens when you least need it, got so much expense this week, have my own health issues to sort out, so off to the doc on friday, stress can do some pretty bad things to people and animals, i know from experience,so hoping that is all it is, still got to deal with that as well don't we? just feeling so nervous about the visit,she certainly does not seem to unwell today, but i just feel something is still not right, she has become quite distant to us,and not her usual loving self, mind you that can be grief too.

For me the most obvious sign things are not right, is her lack of appetite, i have managed to get her through her daily ration, but only because i have taken it to her and coaxed her to eat it, and that is not like her,normally she gobbles her food down no problem and is eager, well that is not happening.

Will let you all know how i get on, and thanks again for your support, means the world to me, i am feeling so stressed myself right now it is comforting to know others understand and care.

kuhio98
02-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Carole ~ What did the vet have to say?
Is Nikki feeling better?

carole
02-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Lisa he found nothing wrong with her, she had even gained weight and had no temperature, she did have a little itch in her ear which i got him to look at, and he said it was not bad enough to warrant treatment, i said should we have bloods done, he said not at this stage.

I really have no idea what is going on with her, i think it must be grieving after all for Ellie, but i am not 100 per cent convinced either on that, she is being distant from us , and not that hungry ,mind you the weather has just started to get hot, and she eats more at night and is getting through her daily ration, so i guess not too much to worry about.

Will keep close eye on her, we also think maybe she is getting into rubbish on mondays, is rubbish day, and old habits die hard, could explain her feeling sick, so we will be putting a stop to that, if that is happening and keeping her in until the rubbish has cleared, my ash used to do that too, no matter how well they are fed , they return to what they have always known scavenging in the rubbish, arrghh...nawtee kitties.

Thanks for asking Lisa, just have to hope nothing has been missed and she is ok, she is licking herself more than usual and she is just not the Nikki i know,however a good sign , got her to play last night and she was really in to it, was great to see her usual spirit within her coming out again.

kuhio98
02-17-2012, 11:28 PM
It's so hard not to worry about our babies. And you know Nikki better than anyone. So, just keep a close eye on her.

But, it's good news that the vet isn't worried. Please give her a gentle hug from me.

carole
02-18-2012, 02:40 AM
yes Lisa, i know i need to be happy she got the all clear, but you know it is just like mothers with their children, they often know them better than the doctors when been seen by them,i feel much the same with my furbabies, with them 24/7 and i know them oh so well, even to the point of their body language, i knew when Ellie was not feeling good, just by her eyes, the way she had her body positioned.

I will indeed give her big pat and cuddle from aunty Lisa,and thank you for caring, will keep a close eye on my precious wee girl for sure.

phesina
02-18-2012, 05:50 AM
I'm glad Nikki has seen the vet, and I know you will do everything she needs to help her get back to her usual self. Did the vet think she might be grieving too?

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

carole
02-18-2012, 02:00 PM
he did say it was a possibility that she was Pat, i don't think it really hit her until like two weeks down the track, i am still not sure it is just that, so i just have to observe her and keep my wits about me regarding her health, she is top priority for sure,i don't think i am being paranoid, but i did put the W in Worry lol.

krazyaboutkatz
02-18-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that she isn't feeling well. I hope she'll start feeling better soon.

carole
02-19-2012, 12:25 AM
She seems a lot brighter now, so fingers and all paws crossed ,whatever was bothering her is not anymore, or maybe it was just her grieving.

mrspunkysmom
02-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Any more news on Nikkita?

carole
02-20-2012, 09:02 PM
I am happy to report she seems much more her old self now, playing happily at night and eating her food, i do think she may have eaten something bad, and have put a stop to those monday morning adventures of her's, of course we will really never know, but she certainly does appear to be brighter, well it was worth the check up,vet did notice some redness around her gums, but said her teeth were good, but of course the fear is , she may succumb to the same mouth problem as her mama Ellie, i pray not, i don't want that to happen again,so fingers and all paws crossed Nikki will continue to be happy and healthy, thanks for listening and asking.

You know my great vet only charged me 16 dollars to see Nikki, which is what he used to charge for return visits for Ellie, as we saw him so often with her, but he did not need to do that for Nikki, could have charged us a full 45 dollars, so i was so relieved, as expense is NOT something we needed right now.

Barbara
02-24-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm glad to see Nikki is on the mend and I hope she will have a wonderful Cat of the Day celebration :)

Randi
02-24-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm glad to see Nikki is on the mend and I hope she will have a wonderful Cat of the Day celebration :)
Ditto! :)

And please give her some kisses from me! :love:

carole
02-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Absolutely everyone, yes she does seem much better now, and yes was very proud mama to see her as cat of the day.:)