PDA

View Full Version : Kitty play date

kuhio98
02-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Two male kitties (10 weeks old) are coming to stay at our house tonight for a kitty play date. Don't know their names yet.

With my work schedule, we're not in a position to foster and Bobcat isn't up for adopting more cats, but you may remember that we had a reading with a pet communicator a while back who said that Willy is bored out of his mind and he wants some brothers to play with.

We're hoping that Willy will enjoy watching these kittens play and even join in. I've got an area set up for them in the office with their own litter box and food.

As of now, they can only stay one night. We have to take them back to Petsmart for an adoption fair tomorrow. If they do not get adopted, we may be able to bring them home until the next adoption fair.

Naturally, I hope they get adopted tomorrow but if not, Willy will sure enjoy having some brothers for a while. He sure is low-man on the totem pole around here. I hope this will give him some confidence.

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.

Karen
02-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I hope everything goes well with the visit! Quick prayers said so everyone gets along!

cassiesmom
02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Fingers crossed for a successful kitty play date!

maerlyn
02-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Willow doesn't play with her brother? Geez, no wonder the poor guy's down! By now, the kittens are at the adoption fair, and it'd be great if their furever families find them, but if not, at least Willie will be a happy boy for a while longer!

catmandu
02-12-2012, 12:31 PM
That will be interesting have Willy running and chasing the two Little Fur Covered Rockets who are coming by to visit.You shou8ld get some high speed fil to catch all the action:love::love:

phesina
02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Best wishes that all goes well for all kitties concerned!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

kuhio98
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Hmmm, how did it go? Well, they are still here. No adoption applications came in for them. We get to keep them until Wednesday -- possibly until Saturday.

They are playing like crazy. Having a grand 'ole time. They have no fear of our 4.

Willy? Well, Willy is scared to death of them! ;) He's hanging out on top of the dresser watching them.

When Willy was down on the floor watching them, they didn't notice him and ran straight towards him chasing a ball. Willy backed up so fast in a panic that he knocked over their crate.

But, no agression by anyone. Just the normal kitty hissy thing.

Their mother is a manx. Jason is a "bunny butt", but Jacko has a stubby tail with a crook in it.

No pictures yet. Jason's photo is on Petfinder.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Jason.jpg

I'll try to get some more.

Karen
02-12-2012, 08:02 PM
It's too bad Willy's afraid of them, when you hope it would give him a play date, silly boy!

krazyaboutkatz
02-12-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm sorry that Willy is afraid of them. Hopefully in time he'll want to start playing with them. When I first introduced Sky to Alani & Blaze, he seemed fine until he realized that there were two of them. He wanted out of the bathroom. I guess he felt outnumbered.;) Good luck.:)

maerlyn
02-13-2012, 09:25 AM
So Willy's afraid of his meant-to-be playmates! Hmm, sounds like my Mordred - runs and hides if the phone rings. Some are just bred to be timid, I guess. How could those cute kittens not have been snapped up right away? Well, their furever family will find them!

kuhio98
02-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Jacko and Jason are purring their brains out today.

Willy kissed Jacko on the face then got scared and ran away. :rolleyes: He is such a goof! Still have hopes that he'll get brave enough to play with them before they have to leave.

Bobcat still says we're not adopting again -- but did mention the possibility of fostering -- only when I'm not away at work in Prudhoe. :D

I say nothing, because if I've learned one thing in all our years together, men need to believe that it's their idea. ;) (They are delusional!) We can hint, urge, cajole, suggest, threaten, beotch for years and get nowhere. But, one day they'll pipe up with the same thing we've been saying -- but think it was all their bright idea! Used to drive me insane, but now I just say "Great idea!" My acting performance has gotten pretty good over the years. :D

No photos yet. Took one this morning, flash didn't go off, battery dead. Recharging now.

kuhio98
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Here's Jacko's photo from Petfinder.

Kitties are doing well. Running around and playing with each other. Willy still scared :rolleyes: and watching them from a distance.

http://photos.petfinder.com/photos/US/AK/AK19/22209628/AK19.22209628-1-pn.jpg

Karen
02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Well, instead of being glad to have playmates, he'll be glad when they go back!

kuhio98
02-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Potential adoption this weekend. Not sure if it's for 1 or both. We take them back to Petsmart tonight.

Jason likes to surf the net.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Jason%20and%20Jacko/Jason10.jpg

and sleep on Bobcat (don't tell Bobcat I posted a photo of his belly) :)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Jason%20and%20Jacko/Jason5.jpg

Jacko likes to sleep between Bobcat's knees.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Jason%20and%20Jacko/Jacko2.jpg

Both of them love the laptop. :)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Jason%20and%20Jacko/2012Feb011.jpg

Karen
02-17-2012, 05:04 PM
You should give them those pictures, that may help them get adopted, especially the sleeping snuggly kitten one! It's a "See, he is socialized and friendly" photo, in case he gets freaked out with all the commotion at Pet Smart!

maerlyn
02-17-2012, 05:17 PM
How completely adorable! How will you ever manage to give them up?? ;) I especially like Jacko because he's a tuxie - and tuxies are very special, as my Mordred has taught me.

cassiesmom
02-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Awww, awww! Kitten cuteness! :D

kuhio98
02-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Sharon ~ It will be hard to give them up. I've been in tears off and on all day.
I know that they are spending tonight at Petsmart as, even if one or both is adopted tonight, there is a 24-hour waiting period with the rescue.

I've packed up 2 of their favorite toys and put them in their cage. If they don't get adopted together, maybe they can each keep a toy.

It's going to take all my strength not to go to Petsmart tomorrow and hang out with them all day. But, I don't want to scare off any potential adopters.

I already told the rescue that if the lady coming tonight to meet them is interested in adopting them together, I would pay the second adoption fee.

They are both so sociable, I know that they will be okay if they don't get adopted together. But, I figured I'd at least try. Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.

I'll let you know whatever I find out from the rescue.

Willy still has not played with them. He slept in their crate for an hour or so. Not sure what goes on in that boy's head, but I guess I'm not going to worry about him being bored anymore. He had a week to play with these guys and he spent the time getting as high up/away from them as possible. :rolleyes:

kuhio98
02-17-2012, 11:20 PM
You should give them those pictures, that may help them get adopted, especially the sleeping snuggly kitten one! It's a "See, he is socialized and friendly" photo, in case he gets freaked out with all the commotion at Pet Smart!

Sent them the link to the photos I uploaded on Photobucket. Hope it helps get these babies homes quickly.

kuhio98
02-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Well, we're back home. I bawled all the way there and all the way home. I managed to hold it together while we were at Petsmart.

We met the couple who is looking to adopt. No decision was made tonight, but it appeared to me that the wife was only interested in Jacko. Her husband seemed more open to adopting both.

Sue (the rescue lady) said she'd let us know how it all works out.

We did find out that Jacko and Jason were from a litter of 4. One of them had Manx Syndrome. One of the ladies who fosters agreed to take him and give him a home, but he passed away a week or so later. :(

I told them that I had a bunch of photos and a couple of movies that I'd load up into photobucket so they could pass them on to whomever adopts. I'm having problems loading the movies though. But, I just realized that all the movies are of Jason.

I'll keep you posted.

maerlyn
02-18-2012, 09:13 AM
It's painful, Lisa, I know, even knowing that they'll be going to a good home (or homes, but hoping for home). I have another friend who refuses to foster because she, too, gets so attached. The last kitten I adopted out wen to a good friend; we were meeting halfway, and Sue got lost. In the meantime, I'm on a parking lot with this little girl curled into my neck, purring as I rubbed her. I phoned Sue and said she either got there in the next 30 seconds or I was going home & taking the kitten with me. :rolleyes: I didn't of course, and Polly is happily ensconced with Sue. I do hope Jason and Jacko get adopted together, though!

kuhio98
02-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Just heard from the rescue. Jacko and Jason both got adopted this weekend -- separate homes. In all, 4 kittens got forever homes this weekend.

Bob and I definitely want to temporarily foster again. Even knowing that we're going to cry when they leave.

maerlyn
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM
What a blessing that they both have furever homes; it's a shame that they're not together, but I suspect that bothers you and me more than it does them. If it's one thing I've learned over the years of dealing with cats, it's that they are remarkably adaptable - far more so than humans. I hope they'll have long, long, happy, happy lives on Earth. (And you're a good woman, Lisa, for doing this in spite of the fact that you know you'll be hurt; your halo (pun there, I know) is showing. (And so is Halo's smile.)

kuhio98
02-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Sharon ~ I think you're right. They are both such social kitties, I'm sure they've already made friends with any other pets that were in the home.

Jacko was a hissy boy at first. But he settled down when Cammie set him straight. :)

I found a great photo of their mother (Jessie) on Petfinder today. She's a bunny butt and I can see a lot of Jason in her. Isn't she gorgeous?

http://photos.petfinder.com/photos/US/AK/AK19/22209594/AK19.22209594-2-x.jpg