PDA

View Full Version : Is this winter? Thursday #468

RICHARD
02-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Is it Winter yet?

I was wondering when winter would show up and it looks like it might make an appearance!

I think some fire and coffee, coffee cake and hot choco would do for a night like tonight.

My brother called me from CA to let me know the the temp was around 80 a few days ago...

Harumph!:D

Karen
02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
I am trying not to hope too hard, but they keep promising me snow! Hot cocoa all around for they that want it!

Pinot's Mom
02-10-2012, 09:45 PM
I've gotta say, even as a New England native and a skier, I'm not hating this weather. ;)

Got some Chocolate covered Raspberry Peep hearts to share - they're so decadent! Any takers?:)

Karen
02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll have one - that's about my Peep limit in real life. They are sweet even for my tastes! ;) Hey, can I have one to float in my hot cocoa?

Pinot's Mom
02-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Karen, you can have four - it's virtual! ;)

Off to slumberland - 'night y'all! :)

pomtzu
02-11-2012, 06:07 AM
We're getting a big blast of winter this morning. :rolleyes: NOT!! There's all of a half inch of snow out there right now, but it will be gone in a few hours as the temps climb over freezing. Tomorrow is supposed to be bitter cold with wind chill of around zero. No more snow forecast tho. Is it premature to say that this is the winter that never was?

Coffee and blueberry muffins for anyone interested in joining me.

Happy weekend everyone. :D

happylabs
02-11-2012, 06:28 AM
I am loving the Mocha Mint drinks that the various coffee places are serving right now. Panera's is the best. Can you figure out how to make one of these?

pomtzu
02-11-2012, 06:37 AM
I am loving the Mocha Mint drinks that the various coffee places are serving right now. Panera's is the best. Can you figure out how to make one of these?

There are a lot of really good flavored creamers on the market now, and I've seen mocha mint. You could probably get the same effect by using one of these.

Pinot's Mom
02-11-2012, 06:43 AM
We're getting a big blast of winter this morning. :rolleyes: NOT!! There's all of a half inch of snow out there right now, but it will be gone in a few hours as the temps climb over freezing. Tomorrow is supposed to be bitter cold with wind chill of around zero. No more snow forecast tho. Is it premature to say that this is the winter that never was?

Coffee and blueberry muffins for anyone interested in joining me.

Happy weekend everyone. :D

But it looks so pretty right now, Ellie! :)

I'm in for the coffee and muffins! I have some apple crisp from a lady at church - I'll warm it up if there are any takers! ;)

G'Mornin!

pomtzu
02-11-2012, 06:49 AM
But it looks so pretty right now, Ellie! :)

I'm in for the coffee and muffins! I have some apple crisp from a lady at church - I'll warm it up if there are any takers! ;)

G'Mornin!

I love apple crisp - I'll take a serving please.

My mother used to make the best apple crisp I ever tasted. I just can't seem to get the same results, even with her recipe.

Karen
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I love apple crisp - I'll take a serving please.

My mother used to make the best apple crisp I ever tasted. I just can't seem to get the same results, even with her recipe.

Did you pay attention to what type of apples she used? Makes all the difference!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-13-2012, 05:02 PM
It's winter here finally. Been in the 20s and 30s for a few days. We had a bit of snow last night and freezing drizzle now. It's supposed to go away tomorrow however and be back in the 40s then 50s next day. :love:

Karen
02-13-2012, 05:37 PM
We only had a dusting of snow ever the weekend, and then it rained, so it al disappeared. Still waiting for actual Boston winter to set in, and the temps are all in the 40s and 50s for the rest of the week. SO not normal February!

Hoever, I'll put on a kettle, and you can have your choice of tea, chai, or hot cocoa with cinnamon, how's that?

RICHARD
02-14-2012, 08:26 AM
We only had a dusting of snow ever the weekend, and then it rained, so it al disappeared. Still waiting for actual Boston winter to set in, and the temps are all in the 40s and 50s for the rest of the week. SO not normal February!

Hoever, I'll put on a kettle, and you can have your choice of tea, chai, or hot cocoa with cinnamon, how's that?

I am doing a breakfast scramble this morning, It's virtual and filling too!

Everyone grab a cup, a seat and let's get this Thursday on the road.

----------

It snowed last night so I went outdoors and did a little footwork on the lawn.....

Coffee, chocolate, apple crisp and breakfast for everyone!

RICHARD
02-14-2012, 10:47 AM

Happy V day, Everyone.....

Karen
02-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Indeed - Happy Valentines Day everyone! I'll make some cranberry scones - heart-shaped and tinted pink of course - to share! Before I became (frightfully) allergic to cranberries, I made these one year and brought them to work with me, and they were still warm, well, they did not last long, that's for sure!