PDA

View Full Version : Spring is on the way-pics

kaycountrygal
02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
So far we've had a mild winter in central NC (no snow yet). I have some daffs and crocus blooming. Not all daffs are blooming yet. My Sweet Breath of Spring bush (smells so good) has been blooming nearly all winter with bees out today and other days. I got my camera out and took some pics today.

Freedom
02-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the photos! I'd not heard of that bush before.

My daffs and hyacinths are up a good 2 inches here. And walking the dogs today, one neighbor has some work to do: lawn is covered in bright yellow dandelions - in FEBRUARY! LOL

pomtzu
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
So nice to see flowers again. None here yet, but the grass is greening up, there are flies buzzing around outside, and there was a mosquito in my bathroom yesterday! :eek:

Karen
02-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Not spring here yet, even if it has kind of felt like it. We haven't had real winter yet, though, I'm still waiting for that to happen first!

Asiel
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
The colour green flies, mosquitoes , we have a few months before that happens here . Turning colder tonight after 3 days of 0 or 2 above. Going down into the minus 20's again. We've had sunshine for 3 days straight, hope it stays even if it's colder. This could be the real winter we haven't had yet.