PDA

View Full Version : Happy 1st birthday Boy Boy and Girl Girl

tazz1227
11-14-2002, 12:37 PM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know that Boy Boy and Girl Girl made it to see a 1st birthday. It was touch and go for a while. :D I didn't know if we would all make it but we did! I don't know if they mellow at 1 but they no longer chew or dig so mommy got new carpet and it is holding up so far!:D Hi Heather and Daisey...miss ya much !! :) I will do much better and keeping up with my postings. :)

Jackie

Logan
11-14-2002, 01:42 PM
Happy Birthday, Boy Boy and Girl Girl (what cute names for such cute bunnies). Glad you are healthy and happy, and hope you get lots of good treats for your first birthday!!!! :D

tazz1227
11-14-2002, 03:26 PM
Hi Logan...thank you for the well wishes. :D

RockyRoad
11-14-2002, 03:46 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/hapbirth.gif

There's your wonderful birthday cake!!! Happy birthday Boy Boy and Girl Girl!!!! My aren't you just the sweetest things!! Hoping you have a wonderful day with lots of treats!!:D :p :cool:

tazz1227
11-14-2002, 03:48 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you so very much for your kindness. I will show it to the kids as soon as I get home! :) Tell me, how did you put a picture directly into the message? I tried and couldn't figure it out. :(

Heather Wallace
11-14-2002, 04:45 PM
Hi Tazz, lovely to hear from you again.

It was Cadbury and Twinkles's first birthday this week also.

Hope you are well and are happy, email me sometime as it would be great to hear from you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS!

Tina
11-14-2002, 04:50 PM
Aww..how cute!! Happy Birthday Boy Boy and Girl Girl!!

Daisylover
11-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Tazz!
I was just thinking about you earlier this week and wondering where you had gone off to!!! In fact every once in a while Heather and I will ask each other if we've heard from you...
Hope all is well.....and it sounds like it is!

Happy birthday to the buns!!!! Did you have a party???? LOL!!!!:D

Yeah, they should start calming down now. There is something to be said for young, mischevious buns however.... I taught a bunny care class a few weeks ago and one of the vols brought in her 3 buns for demo purposes.... They are not quite 1 year old and were absolutely hilarous, racing around and jumping on each other, the furniture and the people in the class... They had no fear of anything and kept us in stitches all night. My buns are 3-8 years old now and I had forgotten just how crazed young bunnies can be, it was absolutely great! But young buns are a lot of work and have no discipline... I'm not sure which age is better...... depends on the mood I'm in I guess. ;)

Do stay in touch! We have missed you very much.

tazz1227
11-18-2002, 06:52 AM
Hi Daisey and Heather. I promise not to be away so long again!! :) I missed you all! The kids are SO LAZY!! They don't even try to "impress" me anymore! :( They just lay around! :) One thing I must say is that in the morning they are VERY active because that is when they get a "treat". Now Girl Girl is a little more active than Boy Boy. Boy Boy is more "affectionate". She loves to be rubbed, Girl Girl would rather if you just feed her and rub for just a "minute"! :D

Daisylover
11-18-2002, 10:21 AM
Weeeellllllll........if they get toooo lazy, you can always get them a kitten or a baby bunny to be their very own pet!!!!!!

Actually, I think it is www.bunnybytes.com that has a great heavy-duty cardboard castle.... Your kids might like it...it has 3 levels and cut outs in the walls Daisy loves his, he's up and down and back and forth and has had it over a year....he has it pretty well chewed up...... He added a doorwall to the first floor, put in a picture window on the 2nd level and has taken out a non-load bearing wall in his remodeling efforts. Plus he gets to play the part of Errol Flynn in Robin Hood and comes swooping down the steps to jump on Marie or me when I'm walking by.... it's a great "toy". Anything to keep the kids amused......

tazz1227
11-18-2002, 10:41 AM
Daisey...they have a castle. They had it since they were little....I think they need a new one because when "fat butt" Boy Boy jumps in there, it shakes and one time it turned over :( so I put it against the wall. She jumps in there when she wants a "special treat". :) That is her way of saying "Look at me"! :D Girl Girl likes to sleep in the bottome level. I saw the one at Bunny Bytes and I was wondering if they would take to it like their old one. You know they don't like change! Don't want them mad at me!:)

zippy-kat
11-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Daisylover
Weeeellllllll........if they get toooo lazy, you can always get them a kitten or a baby bunny to be their very own pet!!!!!!

Tazz, I hope you'll forgive me for the belated wishes--I have my moments when I can't even open the 'rabbit related' posts. I do wish you guys the best from the bottom of my heart. (And what beautiful bunsters!!)

Got any tips on reverse introductions?
A little over a week ago I adopted a kitten from the pound. K'Cee is approximately 4months old and is *THE* most gentle kitten, I've ever met. She hardly ever uses her claws (except at bathtime :rolleyes: lol). However, she is still really rotten...into absolutely everything... I hesitate to bring another bun in while she's so playful. On the other hand, I hesitate to bring in another bun when K'Cee is older and 'set in her ways.'

I'm possibly facing a move so it isn't for sure that I'll be adopting another.... but I sure do want one!! I miss those silly ol' bun antics!! Yet, there's still a part of me that cries (*sometimes literally*) for my Sophie-monster. I sure do miss her! :(

tazz1227
11-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Hi Zippy!! Long time so hear from. I told Heather and Daisy I will have to do better. You know I am not the one for advice. That is Daisy and Heather. :) My kids are "out of control" rather they control the house! Thank you for the belated wishes. I still think about Sophie. I have her picture with the rest of my "kids". :) I wanted another bun too...I saw one at the store and he wanted to go home with me. My boyfriend said "NO"! He said that Boy Boy and Girl Girl would not like the invasion. I am not sure. I am just like that parent with full grown children and want another "baby". :D

Heather Wallace
11-18-2002, 05:37 PM
Dear Zippy I know it is hard for you at the moment, remember how I lost 2 rabbits this year? Ever still i am still rabbit crazy, there is another perfect bun out there who is waiting for a good home with someone like you, why not rescue a rabbit (in your own time).

I miss Ebony (below)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p39d68d0900dcbcf5ba03012c083e2aae/fd104665.jpg
And Gem who was only in my life for such a short time.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/peaa0c6b7d2dfe75c12a1345de16868d5/fd1fd445.jpg

But we will never forget them. Please don't stop showing us her pics as I thought she was adorable!

Why not do some kind of photo/story tribute, like I have for the buns in the past.

tatsxxx11
11-18-2002, 06:48 PM
Happy Birthday to you Boy Boy and Girl Girl...You two are too cute!! I hope you had a hopping good happy birthday!!:D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p64e86ba471c54f3e9a74cec96cf5906e/fd2526d5.gif

Daisylover
11-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Tazz,
Well, it turns out the cardboard castle is sold by Bunny Luv, although I did see the 2 level condo in Bunnybytes.....it just doesn't look quite as exciting.... but that's because I am living with Errol Flynn-bun who just adores racing up and down the steps!

Bonding a third bunny in with your two.....hard to say how your ladies would react. Chances are better that if you brought in a boy the bonding would go smoother; my first thought is that they would probably not like another female. But bunnies can fool you..it's a guessing game. If you were to go ahead and get another bun the best bet would be to introduce them in a neutral space where nobody has a claim to the territory. House Rabbit Soc has excellent tips on bonding...

And Zippy,
I can imagine that it is hard to read and respond to bunny-related topics but I, for one, am glad you are. You have so much knowledge to share, a great love for and insight when it comes to bunnies that it would be a shame not to share that. Besides, I really appreciate it when you confirm something I've said (or thought!!!) I frequently get a little crazy when folks ask for advice and then disregard it.... so I wonder what's the point in bothering to answer those questions in the first place?

I know you said that things are up in the air now but I would hope that eventually you will find your way to rescue a bunny in need.....there are way too many out there in need of loving homes. As far as the kitten and getting another bunny some day....that's a hard call too....on one hand I personally would be tempted to wait until KCee grows up and settles down a little.... But at the same time there is something to be said for having the two grow up together...but obviously you'd have to supervise them very carefully...... I guess I'd say go with your gut reaction, it's not like you are a novice when it comes to caring for animals...... This is a hard call.

You might like to know that Casey, after giving me a scare about 10 days ago is doing quite well.... I figured it couldn't hurt to increase her medication since she seemed to be so ill but the increase turned out to make all the difference and she is doing pretty good for being a sick little girl. I have gotten so attached to her and she has such spirit.

We all think of you a lot. Do stay in touch. :D

zippy-kat
11-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
But we will never forget them. Please don't stop showing us her pics as I thought she was adorable!

Why not do some kind of photo/story tribute, like I have for the buns in the past.

Heather, that's a great idea but it'll have to wait awhile! I'm so touch-and-go with the grieving... will be perfectly fine one day and then will hit a low point (as was the case last night). Thank you for the idea, though!! I'll definitely keep it in mind!

(And I know I've told you before but I'm so sorry for your losses! :( )

zippy-kat
11-19-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Daisylover
I can imagine that it is hard to read and respond to bunny-related topics but I, for one, am glad you are.
Well, thank you! :o :)

wait until KCee grows up and settles down a little.... there is something to be said for having the two grow up together...but obviously you'd have to supervise them very carefully......

oh yes! most definitely!
Tinker is our 'cloud feet' cat-- RARELY uses her claws and she's NOT declawed-- and lil' K'Cee is following closely in her footsteps. But even though, Tinker LOVED Sophie I never trusted them together unattended. (Especially since Sophie like to headbutt her! lol) Trust can be a deadly thing and I think it's better to be on the safe side than the grieving side.

There is a cat & rabbit rescue organization in CA that has a few buns/kitties who are bonded. When I start to seriously consider adopting another bun, I'm going to email them for information on bonding. That having been said, I think I'd like to have another lop--but one of the big guys this time... and English Lop! But, there's no need to plan on a certain breed... I know I'll end up taking whoever needs me the most regardless of his/her uppie-or-downie ears! :)

I'm so glad Casey is doing so well! Give her a gentle hug and head scritch for me!! I wish I were there to do it myself. Buns are such sweet creatures!