PDA

View Full Version : My insane sister in law finally did it

catnapper
02-07-2012, 07:38 AM
I spoke of my sister in law who was absolutely out of her mind.... about how she put strains on our family relationships and never reacted right when we tried to talk to her. She attempted suicide several times. A couple attempts after spats with me or hubby.

She was never happy and neverwould be. She had too many demons - depression, brain tumors, alcoholism, drug addiction. My heart breaks that I could never help her in life. We tried, and ultimately washed our hands of her because she was poisoning us mentally and emotionally (not actually putting poison in our drinks or anything like that).

Well, anyway, my sister in law should be at peace. I hope so.

I went back and found one of the old threads for you to see if you forget some of her antics
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?165741-What-to-do-about-a-crazy-inlaw&highlight=cindy

Freedom
02-07-2012, 08:00 AM
This is so sad. Sad that a life has ended, sad that during life, she was so unhappy, and made so many around her unhappy too. Sad that no one could reach through to help her; but that is often the nature of this sort of illness (if it was an illness, I'm no expert).

Be at peace, finally, dear woman.

Karen
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Rest in peace, may you find some comfort in knowing that her struggles are over.

pomtzu
02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
What a sad and tragic ending to a sad and tragic life. I remember reading the original thread about her and her ways. Most people that attempt suicide are really not trying to kill themselves - only crying out for help. Such a shame that she was never able to get that help she so desperately needed. May she now be at peace and free of her demons.

catnapper
02-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I was talking to my other sister in law the other night. We were asking each other if we've heard from Cindy. Cindy cut herself off from everyone about a month ago. My other siter in law was upset that we had gotten Cindy into an in-patient treatment center last year and Cindy screamed and threatened to sue if they didn't release her.... so they did. Cindy needed to be institutionalized. She was never happy. She had more problems than anyone would ever guess. She was frustrating to say the least, but she was kind and tried to do the best shecould. Her intentions were always good. She just wanted to love and be loved - to feel wanted.

We always knew Cindy was going to commit suicide. It was a matter of when insted of if. We lost count as to how many attempts she's made.

I feel awful that she did this. Whether by design to end it, or for attention.... we kept calling her and checking up on her. She refused to talk to us. She HAD our attention. We were worried about her.

Karen
02-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Mental illness is so hard on everyone involved, and at times tragic. Do not blame yourselves, you all tried. Surround her children, if she has any, not only with love but assurances her struggles are over, and they need not follow her path.

phesina
02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I am so sorry. This is so very sad for your family and all who care for her.

Rest in peace, Cindy, you are home at last.

happylabs
02-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Very sorry to hear about this tragedy. Hopefully she is at peace.

cassiesmom
02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Oh, Catnapper, I am so sorry. I will keep your family in my prayers. ((HUGS))),
elyse

Cataholic
02-07-2012, 06:35 PM
How horribly sad. May she find the peace now that she never experienced on earth.

Asiel
02-07-2012, 07:23 PM
So sorry about your sister-in-law. I remember the thread you posted about her last year. Such a sad and tragic way to leave. Might be the only way she will be at peace. Try to remember her in a good way. I'm sure she suffered some kind of illness to act the way she did. Suicide is truly a cry for help but for some reason she was unable to reach for the love extended to her.

mrspunkysmom
02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully her soul is at peace now.