PDA

View Full Version : Great to have friends... :-)

Catty1
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I am sick today. I spent the first half of last night just FREEZING and could not get warm; my tummy was reluctant to keep anything down but it did...I was mildly delirious all night. YUCK. (I suspect it is the Norovirus).

Still felt crummy this morning...I called some friends I had hoped to have coffee with and left a message for them.

Long story short - I now have a loaf of great rye bread, a container of chicken broth, and two bottles of Gatorade!

I have great friends. :):love:

What special things have friends done for you?

robinh
02-06-2012, 06:39 PM
You have great friends. I count myself luck to have two girlfriends who would do the same thing.

One of them showed up when my dad was having problems taking care of his home and we had gone in to clean it - she showed up with her own cleaning supplies and cleaned his bathroom. This is the same gal who drove 20+ miles one way every day for a week to come take care of me when I had surgery (and cleaned my house). She's a gem.

The other gal and I have been friends for over 30 years. Can't count the number of times we've rescued, covered for and generally helped out with whatever was needed. Taken care of one anothers kids and spent Friday evenings together while our husbands (now ex-husbands) left us home alone.

cassiesmom
02-06-2012, 06:56 PM
At the end of my freshman year of college when I had no idea how to find a roommate for the following year, a gal from band offered to let me share a triple room with her current roommate and herself. Over the summer her roommate decided not to return in the fall. That was over 25 years ago now, but that rather casual suggestion (Hey, why don't you room with us?) has turned into a lifelong friendship. It's weathered a wedding, a funeral and a second wedding; four moves; one leaky swimming pool; and one adorable dog! Cheers, D.!