PDA

View Full Version : haven't been here for a while!

Phoenix
02-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone, I know I haven't posted for a while now I have had a lot of things to deal with (I'm moving houses this week so phoenix will be coming to stay).

Phoenix is now 3months old and still around (so much for her dyeing at a few days old) and she is still living with my sister until next week. Princess got pregnant yet again but this time instead of her going through all that again my sister got her spayed which is good because I don't think she will be able to go through that again.

I am taking phoenix to get her first injections this week and book for her to also get spayed (I'm not so sure she is a female but I'm going in that direction as males are rare).

She is a bundle of energy that never seems to stop, she also thinks she is an acrobatic, however I believe now is the right time to separate her and princess as phoenix gets to much and princess will growl, hiss or strike phoenix (usually after Phoenix has attacked her first and is in the process of chewing her ear or something).

What is strange is that Phoenix still feeds from Princess and I originally thought princess would eventually stop her from feeding due to her sharp teeth but this isn't the case, phoenix feeds whenever she wants to. Funny enough she also don't seem to be growing much either although she eats cat food, drinks water and is still suckling.

Oh yeah another thing, every time I look phoenix in the eyes I can't help but feel as though something strange is with them. She has perfect vision (will chase string for hours if you let her) and she is starting to come out of the blue eyes.. Maybe, however I can't help but feel like her eyes look so strange because she doesn't have slits... Like at all! Her pupils are circle like ours but you can't see her pupils just by looking at her as you never see them big, they are always small and when you look closer they are circle.

I don't know it just seems very strange but I noticed it ever since her eyes first opened, always felt as there was something odd with them but never said anything as she was young.

I will try and get a picture up asap.

But anyway besides that phoenix is doing fine and will be living with me by the end of this week (I choose the worst time to move as we have like a blizzard going on haha)

Anyway I will go as this post has got very long and hope everyone is doing fine.

Karen
02-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Glad Phoenix is still doing well. I would not worry about what her eyes look like, as long as her vision seems normal!

Phoenix
02-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I won't worry, when I go to the vet I will ask them about it all. My sister just said that phoenix has 'blind eyes'.

I told her she does see though as she can follow and chase things but she said having said that she does bump into things that are blatantly in front of her and she also runs into things too, but I don't know what to think.

I am thinking that maybe it is because her eyes are still blue which make them look odd but my sister said none of the other kittens looked the way she does. I know this is the age their eyes change into their actual colour so I will see if it still looks the same but I will bring it up to the vet.

Thanks ☺

catmandu
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
WE are so glad that Phoenix is doing well and scampering about. Sometimes Our Kittens have a rough beginning and then live on to be Senior KittyZens!!!
We are praying that Phoenix is just starting her Cat Life:love:

phesina
02-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Good news that Phoenix is doing well and you will be having her all checked out by the vet!