PDA

View Full Version : "Superbowl Weekend"

Karen
02-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Will you watch this weekend? I'll DVR the Puppy Bowl, myself, and as the New England Patriots are one of the teams, everything is pretty much whipped into a frenzy - one can buy cupcake with "team color" frosting, even!

I'm not a football fan, being forced to attend losing games all through high school was enough football for a lifetime for me. But I know lots of people are big fans. Will you be watching the game this weekend?

Felicia's Mom
02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
No, I will not.

lizbud
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes, I probably will watch the game. Hope it's a well played game.:)

Taz_Zoee
02-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes I will, even though I don't care about either of the teams. But I like the commercials (I hope they are better than last year) and I enjoy the halftime show. Plus, I just like football these days. :)

We have a 82" screen to watch it on, so it will be good. And I'll be in control with the remote......thank you! :D

cassiesmom
02-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I'll watch the game for the commercials, because that's a good conversation topic for work. Last year's "What's a Bieber?" commercial with Ozzy Osbourne was good for that.

But oh, definitely the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Halftime! :D

chocolatepuppy
02-03-2012, 08:09 PM
No interest whatsoever.;) I will watch some of the puppy bowl.:D

Suki Wingy
02-04-2012, 12:28 AM
I can't watch football. Most sports actually but american football especially for some reason. One of two things happens, either it all turns to color and noise when I try to focus on the tv, or it actually makes me angry. Not sure what that's about but I do have other random things (usually noises though) that trigger irrational anger that I can't seem to control and the sound of sports, probably associated with people shouting loudly, can sometimes set me off.

krazyaboutkatz
02-04-2012, 01:30 AM
I hate football so no I won't be watching. If I watch anything related it'll be the Puppy Bowl. I actually plan on doing some shopping during the Superbowl game because I'm hoping that the stores won't be too crowded.;)

Pinot's Mom
02-04-2012, 06:34 AM
We will watch, we are football people, but there's a lot of wind out of the sails of this game.:(

We were so close....

I do have to see my Clydesdales, though, and will tune in to some of the puppy/kitten antics.:)

pomtzu
02-04-2012, 06:35 AM
I'll watch mainly for the commercials, and pulling for the Pats. Being a New Englander, born and bred, that's a given! Besides, I dislike all NY sports teams, and I credit that to my father and brothers! :p

happylabs
02-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Puppy Bowl! Puppy Bowl! Puppy Bowl!

sparks19
02-04-2012, 08:59 AM
We are going over to a friends house to watch the game and play board games :) just a small gathering of friends. will be fun. I don't watch football (too slow moving for my liking... 2 minutes should not take 45 minutes to play lol) but I do watch the superbowl every year.

Alysser
02-04-2012, 09:10 AM
I'll be working 7:30-11 AM, and then I'll go home to watch the Puppy Bowl, which is much more my speed. I hate football, I think it's the most pointless sport. I will also be staying off FB because that will probably be the most annoying part of the night, nothing but Football statuses...

redbird
02-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm not a big football fan either, I'm more of a baseball fan. I have been watching the Giants the past month or so in the playoffs and got interested so I will be watching all or most of the Super Bowl. I want to catch the half time show for sure. Will catch some of the Puppy Bowl also and hopefully catch the kitties at half time :D

Bibette & Lulu
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
go pats!!

phesina
02-04-2012, 03:14 PM
What time and what station is the Puppy Bowl on?

Football, I may have it on some in the background while I do other things (like Pet Talk).

GO PATS!!!!!

Cheers!
Pats (still a New Englander at heart)

beeniesmom
02-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Go Giants!

cassiesmom
02-04-2012, 07:56 PM
What time and what station is the Puppy Bowl on?

Football, I may have it on some in the background while I do other things (like Pet Talk).

GO PATS!!!!!

Cheers!
Pats (still a New Englander at heart)

It's on Animal Planet. Starts here at 4 PM, I think. It's on and then it immediately repeats.

phesina
02-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks, Elyse. I don't have cable, so I'll miss that, I guess.

david p
02-05-2012, 08:13 AM
I'll be watching the super bowl tonight (and putting it on dvd) even though the STEELERS aren't in it. I'm rooting for the Giants because Tom Brady isn't one of my favorites.

Freckles
02-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I will watch the game and the commercials.
Will NOT watch the half time show.

Cataholic
02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
I haven't watched a whole football game ever, and don't think I have even seen the superbowl in 20 plus years. When I was younger, I would go to a party for the good eats. Football is right up there with watching paint dry.

happylabs
02-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Did they have the hamsters before in the Puppy Bowl. Too funny!

Freckles
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Good Polar Bear Coke Commercials and Sketchers.

cassiesmom
02-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I liked the commercial with the pug (I think it was a pug) and the Doritos commercial with the kids. My all time favorite Super Bowl commercial is still Mean Joe Greene. My other favorite is any commercial with the Budweiser Clydesdales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc0izCGKxP8

Grace
02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Good Polar Bear Coke Commercials and Sketchers.

I agree :)

momcat
02-06-2012, 07:52 AM
The game will be on but only to keep peace in the house. I am not a football fan, the game makes no sense.

cassiesmom
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM
I LOVE the Coke polar bear commercials!

Didn't enjoy the halftime show. I wish they would have a traditional halftime show with a marching band.

What a good game, it was a nail biter up to the very end. I thought of Lizbud when they showed the shots of Indianapolis all lit up in the night. Beautiful!

lizbud
02-06-2012, 10:40 AM
What a good game, it was a nail biter up to the very end. I thought of Lizbud when they showed the shots of Indianapolis all lit up in the night. Beautiful!

Yes, it was a good game. Came right down to the wire. :)

ps. I tried to get them to show me in the camera sweep, but they said "maybe next time".lol :D

caseysmom
02-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Me and hubby went shopping to IKEA, much funner and no crowds!

cassiesmom
02-06-2012, 12:38 PM
"Hail: Dogs! Premise: Skechers put a little dog in running shoes. Bud Light gave us a rescue dog ("Weego") trained to serve beers, even rolling out a keg. Budweiser showed a Dalmatian. And, of course, VW had the self-motivated pooch in training.

"Why they work: It is easy to win affection for man's best friend. But these spots in particular made doggedness work, and Bud Light even squeezed in an appeal for rescue dogs."

catland
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Well, it doesn't hurt that I was at a party hosted by a di-hard Giant's fan. I don't think I've ever been to a super bowl party before where there were actually people who cared about the outcome of the game.

Also, (tee-hee), because of being out here in the west, we get the best timezone for it. Game starts at 3:30 - so the big Superbowl spread turns into both lunch and dinner and we can still get home at a decent time and not hurry ourselves.

smokey the elder
02-07-2012, 08:26 AM
It was a really good game! I loved the "Here, Weego!" commercial from Budweiser. I'm quite surprised they are into animal rescue. Mixed feelings about the Great Dane in the Doritos commercial, though, bu did like the baby and grandma in the other one.

RICHARD
02-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I loved he Giselle Bunchen commercial for acid reflux.

Maybe she can become the new "colon lady".

I am sure she gave poor Tom an arseful?:o:eek: