PDA

View Full Version : Dyson

Digi
02-03-2012, 09:14 AM
A loooooooong over due payment came in today and I can finally buy a much needed vacuum to rid my place of oodles and oodles of dog n cat hair lol

Does anyone know where I could/should buy one?

Im in toronto, ontario, canada.

Also do any of you recommend a modle(s) I should get.

We have wall to wall carpet and some hardwood I would need to vacuum too. 2 dogs, 1 cat n I was diagnosed with a high allergy to dust and cats. As the dr explained it to me. The pets dont bother me on a day yo day bases. But if something else pushes my allergies to the limit then that is when n why i will react to the cat.

The pets are staying no & if ors about it lol the dr also agrees they can stay. But i need the best of the best dyson to help keep dust as low as possible.

Removal of carpet is not an option. I rent a lovely condo and i do like it.

kaycountrygal
02-03-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm glad you have some extra money. I order things from amazon.com but have never ordered a Dyson vacuum. I just went to amazon.com and they do have a variety of Dyson vacuums. A couple of them even mentioned "animal". You could go there and read about them and then compare prices with stores in your area. Good Luck!

Shady
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
I live in Toronto too, and I have two Dysons.

If you watch Future Shop flyers occasionally they go on sale, but rarely..and not much cheaper.

Did you know that you can buy directly from Dyson? Their website is very helpful

http://www.english.dysoncanada.ca/?gclid=COuNt4-wgq4CFSaFQAodVQND2g

I have an older Dyson Animal, the advantage to this one is it's lightweight, however with long haired cats
the roller brush while it picks up tons of hair, it gets clogged and you have to cut the hair out of it.

I have a newer All Floors Dyson, it is much heavier, and unless it's my imagination, even more suction and I have never cut the hair off of the brush.

The animal is five years old and the all floors is three, and it's true, they don't lose suction, it's usual for me to vacuum at least twice a day, so they are well used, and the best vacuums I have ever had, and before these, I'd have to buy new at least every eighteen months.

Dyson used to ship for free, you can check that, and I have used their customer service which is excellent. Plus there's a five year warranty. I even had a hose split out of warranty, and they replaced it for free.

Mine are both uprights..

A tip, if it doesn't come with their stiff brush, it is a good investment for around $20. I use mine daily.

Digi
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Thank you. Ill look into those models and we can decide which would be the better option for us.

I dis see a dyson on sale at costco but i wasnt sure if it wad good for pets. Its the hydro one. N if thats what i think it is/means then thats the one i want.

I think it means it has a cup thd holds water and the dust goes into the water to reduce ho much dust you are exposed to when emptying the containers.

I dont have a pc as mine died weeks ago so ill look that model up later to post what i saw. Encase anyone is curious.

Taz_Zoee
02-04-2012, 12:14 AM
We have the Dyson Animal and I just love it!! My boyfriend got it online (not sure where, but he is an e-bay guy), it was refurbished and we've had it for about 3 years now. It still works great! I do have to get the hair out of the brushes sometimes. But that doesn't bother me. It's just too bad it won't do the vacuuming for me. :p

Shady
02-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Both Sears and The Bay have $100.00 off selected models this week.

Digi
02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
We picked up the Dyson 43 $790 (after tax). Had to empty it 8 times the first time we did the house. The roller brush was also full of hair so we had to cut it free. Now i have to empty it once or twice when i vacuum. We can all breath easier too as it has 2 hepta filters.

I think Charlie is allergic to dust as hes not scratching nearly as often now and i know my allergies have gone way down!

We love our Dyson!
However we have nowhere to store it as its huge, so it stands in the livingroom looking pretty lol

JMCsGirl
02-18-2012, 08:54 AM
I had a vacuum that took bags. With pets I would fill up the bags very quickly and was finding myself replacing them often. I wanted a canister vacuum and knew my mother in law had recently acquired a Dyson and raved about it. When she asked what I wanted for Christmas that was my response, a Dyson. I couldn't be happier with it. We got the DC 28 Animal and it does great with the pet hair.

Karen
02-18-2012, 02:09 PM
We picked up the Dyson 43 $790 (after tax). Had to empty it 8 times the first time we did the house. The roller brush was also full of hair so we had to cut it free. Now i have to empty it once or twice when i vacuum. We can all breath easier too as it has 2 hepta filters.

I think Charlie is allergic to dust as hes not scratching nearly as often now and i know my allergies have gone way down!

We love our Dyson!
However we have nowhere to store it as its huge, so it stands in the livingroom looking pretty lol

You should tie a bow on it, and tell people "it's a sculpture" - or make it a "Dyson Cozy" to disguise it!