PDA

View Full Version : The Croup

catnapper
01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Cameron has Croup. Poor kid sounds absolutely awful, and the doctor said there's nothing to do for it since its viral. We just gave him one of his albuterol treatments per the doctor's suggestion, and thats about all we can do. Of course, this morning he looked as pitiful as he sounded so we kept him home from school. At the moment, he's wrestling Callie -- He has more energy than me.

Of course, you know I'm going to get it because he always drinks out of my cup :rolleyes: and I am still trying to recover from the last sinus infection (it was a doozey!)

Karen
01-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Try to keep track, and if he drinks from your cup, surrender that one and get yourself another. Wash hands a LOT, it is not inevitable that you or anyone else gets this, he's old enough now to learn about washing hands and not sharing germs!

My sympathies, by the way, that cough just sounds horrific, I know!

finn's mom
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
I think I'd have to not drink when he's around! :( That would stink! I'm sorry he's not well, and I hope you all stay clear of it!

pomtzu
01-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Croup is only about as contagious as the common cold, so whatever precautions you practice when someone in the house has a cold, should work. Typically, if his cough is worse at night, steam up the bathroom and let him sit in there and breathe in the moisture for a while. Of course a humidifier in his bedroom works wonders too. Usually with croup, the younger the child, the worse it is. My oldest spent 2 nights in an oxygen tent in the hospital when he was less than a year old. It can be pretty scary.

cassiesmom
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Catnapper, how is Cameron doing? I hope he feels much better soon!

mrspunkysmom
02-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Hope Cameron is feeling better soon. :love:

catnapper
02-03-2012, 07:14 AM
For a little boy who has a major cough, he's as happy and energetic as ever. When I get a cough, I want to just sit, drink some nice soothing drinks, and watch tv quietly. Cameron's idea? Run around like a lunatic, yelling at the top of his lungs with a cough/bark in the middle of a yell. :rolleyes: