PDA

View Full Version : Tallulah's Spay Day! (And some kitty woes) - UPDATE

Roxyluvsme13
01-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Today my mom called and made Tallulah's spay appointment for next Tuesday, hip hip hooray! I know we're severely behind on getting her spayed, but I'd saved up the money and had it put back for a couple of days, so we made the appointment.

Also today, Tallulah starts acting really grumpy and not really like herself. She's usually a complete lovebug and a cuddler. Well, she was hissing at me and running from me and being a real pain in the butt.

Well, I went to school tonight for some meetings and things of that nature, my mom calls me and tells me Tallulah is rubbing all over stuff and Domino is trying to hump her :rolleyes:. So, guess what? She's in heat!

I googled and found out that male cats keep testosterone in their body for 4-6 weeks after being neutered, so I might as well have an intact cat at the moment with Tallulah in heat.

I had a feeling that as soon as we made her spay appointment, she'd go into heat. My mom's calling the vet tomorrow and asking them how much risk there is associated with spaying a cat during heat, or seeing if they recommend we reschedule or whatever.

Right now, Tallulah's locked in the bathroom with Dommie sitting outside the door :rolleyes:.

Oh, my cats...

Taz_Zoee
01-30-2012, 08:08 PM
It will probably cost more to spay her while she is in heat also. You might want to just wait until she is not in heat anymore. But I'm sure your mom will find out when she calls the vet.

And of course it figures she goes into heat right after the appointment is made. They just know!!

Good luck! :)

Karen
01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Good luck in keeping them separated in the meantime! No easy task, you might want to invest in some ear plugs!

kaycountrygal
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh My Goodness! Sorry it worked out this way. I bet you are going to hear a lot of yowling and meowing. I'll check back tomorrow to see when her spaying will take place.

catmandu
01-31-2012, 09:30 AM
I think that once the spaying takes hold that therte will not be a problem.
My Purrfect Princess was quite ature when she was spayed, about three or four, and she was no trouble at all. Good Luck with Tallulah:love:

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Just wanted to update everyone.

My mom called the vet this morning, there's an extra charge of $22.50 to do it while she's in heat, so we just canceled the appointment and will reschedule after Tallulah is no longer in heat. I'm frustrated that this happened! We literally made the appointment that morning and then that afternoon, this happened :rolleyes:.

Oh well, Tallulah's still hanging out in my bathroom. As long as she's in there, Domino can't get to her or doesn't seem to care. I hate to lock her in there, but we don't want any kitties!

Karen
01-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Oh well, Tallulah's still hanging out in my bathroom. As long as she's in there, Domino can't get to her or doesn't seem to care. I hate to lock her in there, but we don't want any kitties!

And luckily, all humans in the house are cognizant of the situation. Years ago, when my nephew was about 5, my brother had written the spay appointment on the calendar, and so of course their kitten went into heat, and the nephew said "Oh, kitty wants to go outside" and opened the door. All the resulting kittens got loving homes, and they managed to get their cat spayed before it happened again!

Roxyluvsme13
02-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Just wanted to update and let everyone know... Tallulah is getting spayed Tuesday on Valentine's Day! As long as she makes it through tomorrow, then she's home free and no more awful going into heat!

Karen
02-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Oh, good! Good luck making it until then! ;)

phesina
02-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Happy Valentine's Day to Tallulah and you!

chocolatepuppy
02-13-2012, 05:15 AM
Pawsitive thoughts headed Tallulah's way. No more kitty in heat!

pomtzu
02-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Well that's a heck of a Valentine's present, but one she'll have for life! :p

Good luck Ms. T, and don't feel too bad. I had my tonsils out on my 5th birthday! :eek: Believe it or not, I can still remember some things from that day. :D

Roxyluvsme13
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I thought it was kind of ironic that her spay day was set for Valentine's Day, but it's a good present to her and to my mom and I :D.

She has no idea what's coming though... Have to take away her food and water before going to bed. She hates the carrier too, but at least she fits in it better than a certain little black and white meatball of mine :D.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'll keep everyone updated tomorrow :)

Roxyluvsme13
02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Took Tallulah in this morning at 8. They should be calling anytime now to tell my mom when I can go get here. I'll be getting her after class like I did with Domino. I'm worried about her! But I know she's going to be fine.

ETA: They just called my mom, and I get to go get her after 1 :)