PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Movies?

wolf_Q
11-14-2002, 02:05 AM
Since there is a "Favorite Movies" thread, I thought there should be a "Least Favorite Movies" also. My friend and I once made a huge list of these. These are all I can remember right now (not necessarily in order, except maybe for A.I. lol)

A.I. (Artificial Intelligence....come on, that movie could have ended 5 times, and the "Blue Fairy" ..the aliens at the end...oh my....)
Simply Irresistable (simply stupid?)
Jeepers Creepers (it was sooo OBVIOUS the "dead bodies" were plastic, you could see the "blood" was painted on)
Babe 2 (a tragic, tragic, sequal to the original, which was a very good movie)
Being John Malkovich (sp?)

I'm too tired to think of more. Our list was over 3 pages though, so I'm sure they will come around to me, lol.

Nomilynn
11-14-2002, 02:21 AM
One Hour Photo

I went to see that for my birthday and it SUCKED!!! :D I was so disappointed.

I also really disliked Lord of the Rings - just not my kind of movie. I can't think of any other ones at the moment.

wolf_Q
11-14-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
One Hour Photo

I went to see that for my birthday and it SUCKED!!! :D I was so disappointed.

Lol, you reminded me of another one--Death the Smoochy! That was so incredibly boring and stupid, and they never even killed Smoochy! ;) Haven't seen One Hour Photo, and I dont' really want to...Robin Williams has been doing some..err..."interesting" movies lately...

wolf_Q
11-14-2002, 02:27 AM
I would also like to add Crossroads to the list! No, I have not seen it, but *anything* staring Britney *has* to be bad. I read the reviews too, they were hilarious lol.

Nomilynn
11-14-2002, 02:29 AM
OH Texas Chainsaw Masacre.. bad bad movie!! :D :D

Miss Meow
11-14-2002, 04:34 AM
The Piano, I still can't believe that drivel won awards :)

mugsy
11-14-2002, 07:01 AM
The Shining

Cookiebaker
11-14-2002, 07:02 AM
Me Myself & Irene
Forrest Gump

Unfortunately I usually don't remember the movies that I hate...because I never watch them all the way through. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
11-14-2002, 08:56 AM
Although it would be a tough choice between "About Last Night" and "Scent of a Woman" I'm going to go with "Scent of a Woman." Perhaps because I stood up in the middle of it and said..."Give him the gun already!"

I thought both movies were VERY misogynistic.

COCatMama
11-14-2002, 09:12 AM
weird i thought Irene was hilarious hmm.
I hated waterworld and Powder ughh. Also anything with gwyneth paltrow in it and involving her with a fake british accent (cept shallow hal). LoL

Chinadoll
11-14-2002, 10:23 AM
Yep waterworld was really bad and so was Battlefield Earth. Normally I like John Travolta, but that movie was simply awful and in the theatre so very very loud. Also, anything with Jim Carrey.

Oh...and From Hell. Joey dragged me to the theatre to see it with him and it was so violent and gory...I know it was about Jack the Ripper so it was going to be violent but it was just too gruesome for me...although it did present an interesting theory about who Jack the Ripper was and why it happenned.

Uabassoon
11-14-2002, 10:36 AM
Italian for Begginers was a horrible movie. I went to see it because I read all these good reviews. I couldn't even finish watching it, I had to leave the theater. I was just glad that I didn't have to pay for the movie, I had free tickets.

11-14-2002, 11:27 AM
I cannot think of any titles right now ; but I hate movies with to much violence and blood , as horror movies .... ugh !!:eek: :eek:

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-14-2002, 11:51 AM
"Traffic" was horrible! I hated it.

wolflady
11-14-2002, 12:28 PM
It's always useful to get tips on what movies are bad. For me, of course anything with sleazy material ranks at the top for bad movies and extreme language and gore annoys me. There are several movies that ya'll mentioned that I haven't seen...and I'll probably avoid! Thanks for the tips! LOL :D

Some really REALLY bad movies I've seen include:
The Reanimator - BAD BAD BAD!! Stay away! LOL The idea of the story was interesting, but it was very poorly and testelessly done.

I didn't like A Simple Plan, Fargo or Pulp Fiction. None of the characters are likable in any of these movies, and if I don't like any of the characters...I usually don't like the movie.
AI was a disappointment
I agree, pretty much anything with Gwynith Paltrow (sp?) except for Shallow Hal (which was surprisingly funny) I haven't much liked...she always has to take off all of her clothes in almost every friggin' movie she's in :rolleyes:

Gosh...I know there's more...I'll ponder on this for awhile...;)

Dakota's Mommy
11-14-2002, 01:27 PM
I agree with A.I. However, I also have to say that I got pretty bored watching A Beautiful Mind! That's all I can think of for now!

The Cat Factory
11-14-2002, 02:03 PM
I can't think of any movies I really dislike right now...

moosmom
11-14-2002, 02:13 PM
My least favorite movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which is based on the book of murderer Ed Gein. I worked on an ambulance for over 20 years and can deal with brains on my shoes, blood and guts (except my own :eek: ) But do NOT ask me to sit through a horror movie. I hate seeing all that stuff and not being able to do anything about it. :p

Tanya&Fritz
11-14-2002, 02:30 PM
Anything with Chuck Norris.

ownerof3dogs
11-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
"Traffic" was horrible! I hated it.

I REALLY hated that movie too. And I also didn't like that Movie about show dog and their owners. I think it was call "Dog Show"or something like that. I disliked it so much I can't remeber what it was called. I couldn't watch the whole thing.!!!

AmberLee
11-14-2002, 05:20 PM
I agree with your nomination of "Fargo", but would like to further suggest "Four Weddings and a Funeral". Perhaps I just had too high of expectations for either, but ... bleech, bleech, bleech!

I think the dog show one was called "Best of Show"? I hadn't heard of it but bought it cheap at a sale. We watched it with my mother, sister, niece and nephews and it seemed we were sending the kids out of the room constantly and I kept getting the eye from my mom and sis: "You really thought THIS would be good"? Weren't some of the relationships bizarre there?

Oh, and some of the storylines in "Cider House Rules" really depressed me... The sharecropper family, I keep hoping that that one would have a positive outcome. Ewww.

(I normally agree on Gwenneth P., but really enjoyed her work in "Emma" -- not a great adaptation of my favorite Austen novel, but a good one...)

Cookiebaker
11-14-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
I agree with A.I. However, I also have to say that I got pretty bored watching A Beautiful Mind! That's all I can think of for now!

Oh I really liked that movie...I didn't like the look of it in the box, but I really got into that one!

Crikit
11-14-2002, 06:46 PM
I would have to say "Titanic" what's the point of watching a movie that you know the end to, really can someone explain that to me? other then that I can't really think of them but I do know that there are a few that I really can't stand.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-14-2002, 09:47 PM
My absolute least fav movie is Hollow Man.... we went to see it cause we thought it would have cool special effects and left in before it was half way through.... it was so disgusting.... I don't see why anyone would think an invisible man running around raping women would make a good movie.

Traffic.... DID STINK!!!! What a terrible movie!!

Twisterdog
11-14-2002, 10:34 PM
Well, I watch about one movie per year, so I should not even be attempting to add anything to this thread. ;)

The last movie I saw that I really didn't like was "American Beauty". I know it won all kinds of awards .... so maybe I'm just the odd one out. (Wouldn't be the first time!)

I didn't see the movie "Cider House Rules", but I read the book. It was a pretty good book, I wonder if they just slaughtered the movie? I will never watch a movie after I read the book. It's never the same.

Nomilynn
11-15-2002, 12:44 AM
I didn't like American Beauty either. I didn't think it had any point. I did like Traffic though. I thought Hollow Man was stupid too.. I didn't even really like the special effects.. the Matrix had better!!! :D

zippy-kat
11-15-2002, 01:29 AM
*dangit* can't remember the name of it... had Nicolas Cage and ?? --they drove around in the ambulance.... Bringing Out the Dead maybe? (I'm generally a Nick Cage fan but that one just stunk!)

And add another vote for Fargo!

COCatMama
11-15-2002, 01:35 AM
Weird I liked Bringing out the Dead
i loooovee Nick Cage he is such a hottie ! :D
i despise The Sound of Music. I can't stand Resevoir Dogs
and I refuse to see the SOuth park movie because of that $@#$# Blame Canada thing!! ARRGHGHH

wolf_Q
11-15-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I didn't like American Beauty either. I didn't think it had any point. I did like Traffic though. I thought Hollow Man was stupid too.. I didn't even really like the special effects.. the Matrix had better!!! :D

I slept through Traffic, so I don't know if I liked it or not....of course we started watching it around midnight....but still, it was rather boring.

Oh, I'm going to have some people killing me here, but I thought The Matrix was kind of dumb too. It was better watching it the second time, but I still couldn't really get into it.

Nomilynn
11-15-2002, 01:39 AM
The South Park/Blame Canada thing was hilarious.. because it wasn't a poke at Canadians at all, it was a poke at the dumb stereotypes.

I saw that movie in the states, in a small small town where everyone laughed because they thought it was all true. That made it even funnier, because my bf and I knew it wasn't true :D

I couldn't get into the Matrix until like the 3rd time I watched it.. I had to have my bf explain the WHOLE thing to me the first time LOL!! But I do think the effects were good! :D

Nomilynn
11-15-2002, 01:43 AM
I also really disliked Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I find that when I have to read subtitles I stop watching the movie because I'm so focused on reading :D I didn't know it was subtitles when I went to watch too so I was all disappointed :D

The Cat Factory
11-15-2002, 03:08 AM
I realllly disliked The Count Of Monte Cristo...

Nomilynn
11-15-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory

I didn't really like that one either.. it was too slow in the beginning for me :D

Soledad
11-15-2002, 04:58 AM
Best in Show was a comedy. It's like a mockumentary, and it wasn't to be taken seriously. It was poking fun at crazy dog people, and wasn't supposed to be a real life story or anything like that.

My votes for crap movies are so long. Nearly everything these days sucks. Here are some I can think of that I really didn't enjoy:

The Other Sister
The Affair
Forrest Gump
Green Mile
Beautiful Mind
Titanic
Grease
Dirty Dancing
As Good As It Gets
I Am Sam

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-15-2002, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory

He!He!He! That's my all time favorite movie :D

moosmom
11-15-2002, 07:06 AM
I just rented "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood". I was VERY disappointed. It was long and it took forever to get to the point. I'm glad I waited till it came out in video. I would've been a little upset wasting over $8 to see it in the movies, although the buttered popcorn would've been SOME consolation.:p

All Creatures Great And Small
11-15-2002, 08:21 AM
I am so cheap (well, "thrifty") and usually so busy that I don't go see movies in theaters much anymore - I wait for the video to come out and I rent it. That way I can pause, rewind, and watch it more than once. One movie that stands out that I was forced to watch in the theater was Titanic and it STUNK BIG TIME! I know everyone in the world raved about that movie and the special effects, but the WRITING! It was god-awful! I kept wondering if James Cameron was really a 15-year old girl in disguise, because the storyline was like something a giddy schoolgirl would have written. You have the "icky" boyfriend, who doesn't like art or appreciate anything else that she likes, who was made to look so sinister he should have been twirling a mustache throughout the film, for crying out loud. Then you have the "good" boyfriend, played by the conveniently teen-poster material Leo DeCaprio, who is - what? - an unemployed artist (?) who can draw her naked without becoming a total horndog, so that proves he's sensitive and stuff. Add the scenes of them chasing each other like idiots down the halls, hiding from her "parents" (i.e. handlers), making out in a "car", and that "Terminator", Linda Hamilton-type scene of Rose plowing through waist high water with an ax in her hands and sporting biceps that would put Madonna to shame, and it just got so painful to watch that I actually left the theater with a headache. The most putrid moment was probably when that dried-apple of a woman asked "you mean did we 'do it'?" when recalling her youthful adventures on the Titanic. Nobody over the age of 16 would say that. The one thing I enjoyed about Titanic is that it spawned one of our inside family jokes - my daughter and I will sometimes flop full-length on the couch with one arm over our heads, and say "Paint me, Jack":p

I would also have to add to the Gwyneth Paltrow-bashing going on - my nephew refers to her as "the stick insect" because he thinks she looks like a praying mantis:D I guess he likes girls with actual flesh on their skeletons. I agree that South Park: The Movie was definitely not meant to bash Canadians, but to point out the stupidity of sterotyping in general. I am such a fan of the TV show that I spent theater money to go see it when it first came out. The movie was kind of funny, but very painful to watch because I'm an over-40 kind of conservative Midwesterner, so the non-stop swearing and disgusting sexual references made me a little uncomfortable. I've actually laughed harder at some of the TV episodes. And I actually LIKED Fargo - I guess maybe you have to be from around Minnesota to find it funny or compelling.

COCatMama
11-15-2002, 08:49 AM
I hated that Blame Canada thing because soooo many idiots used it as a way to hassle us Canucks. peeved me big time!!!
LOL @ Stick Insect lololol

anna_66
11-15-2002, 09:00 AM
One of the worst movies? Best in show! I usually love "dumb" movies, but I just thought that one was stupid. Also couldn't stand Being John Malkovich.

Treen
11-15-2002, 09:26 AM
I quite liked both of those! I loved Fargo too - it's one of my favourite films.

One of the worst films of all time has to be 'Brigitte Jones' Diary'. I was bored rigid - everything about it was absolutely dreadful. I'd read the book and hadn't enjoyed that at all (whiny neurotic women don't amuse me - it's just dull) so didn't think I would like it. But my friend insisted it was the best film he'd seen all year and I'd love it anyway. Wrong!

Andie
11-15-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
I just rented "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood". I was VERY disappointed.

Watching Ya Ya was like watching my family. Sad ain't it!

My Least Fav:
Scary Movie (I usually like the dumb kinda movies but...)
Godzilla (just plain stupid)
Rollerball (Too violent for me...which says alot since I was brought up watching horror movies)

Edwina's Secretary
11-15-2002, 09:54 AM
What a relief to know that I am not the only person around who thought Titanic was STUPID! What would a woman want with the androgonous boy Leo whatever? A proper woman of that time simply would NOT have engaged in such behavior nor even know what "the finger" was (if that even meant anything at that time.) The sets ere fabulous, the costumes exquisite, the story DUMB!

wolflady
11-15-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small

I would also have to add to the Gwyneth Paltrow-bashing going on - my nephew refers to her as "the stick insect" because he thinks she looks like a praying mantis:D I guess he likes girls with actual flesh on their skeletons.

OMG! :D LOL LOL ROTFL That is SO true!! :eek: She does look like a praying mantis! LOL

I also agree on the nomination of Brigitte Jones' Diary. Again, none of the characters were really likable.

I also usually like the occasional dumb/funny movie...but Best In Show was a little too dumb. I agree, some wierd combinations of people there! LOL I just avoided Scary Movie, because it looked too dumb too! LOL

gini
11-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Here are my two cents..........The English Patient - while watching it, I was so bored - the female character (can't think of the actress) was a slut - and I kept thinking - so die already!

When he carried her into the cave with the flowing parachute that looked like a nighgown - it was just too much!!

11-15-2002, 01:32 PM
OMG, how could I have forgotten The English Patient - another waste of theater money that I went to because Ralph Fiennes usually makes my heart palpitate. My husband and I went to see that, and I remember we were both dozing off in our chairs but I think neither one wanted to tell the other we were bored silly. At the end, all we could say was man, that was a long movie, I didn't get what the plot was, and it SUCKED. By the way, the slut was Kristin Scott-Thomas, who was also in the Four Weddings and a Funeral movie that everyone seems to hate. I just don't get the appeal of Hugh Grant at all, and Andie McDowell was just annoying throughout that whole picture. A lot of stilted, no-way-would-people-really-talk-that-way dialogue in that movie, too.

And how could I have forgotten the touching "let's hock a loogie" scene in Titanic? A cinematic masterpiece, indeed!:rolleyes:

P.S. Treen - LOVE your signature! Too cute! I have a soft spot for "goons" (as we used to call our guinea pig):D

anna_66
11-15-2002, 01:46 PM
Isn't it amazing how we all differ in our likes for movies?! So many of the ones everyone just *HATED* I thought were good:rolleyes: Go figure!

The Cat Factory
11-15-2002, 02:07 PM
Another one I realllllly didn't like was The Sixth Sense...:eek:

slleipnir
11-15-2002, 03:17 PM
The Talented Mr Riply..It was ok, but they REALLY shoulda ended it like 2 hrs sooner..it kinda repeated itself

HoRsELUvR
11-15-2002, 03:46 PM
has anyone seen Drop Dead Fred?it is just about the dumbest movie ever created.

Paul
11-15-2002, 03:58 PM
   Hollow Man is a terrible movie. Although it is a old movie, Pet Sematary still stands out in my memory as my pick for the worst movie. To me the main character is evil but the movie treats him too sympathetically.

Paul

Desert Arabian
11-15-2002, 04:11 PM
ORANGE COUNTY THAT MOVIE WAS HORRIBLE!!! IT WAS EVEN WORSE THAN TITANIC!! My cousin and I went to see that, and we both we drooling and our heads were nodding, while he was wearing his blue Mexican sombraro (sp). LOL- long story. By the way, it was only us and two other couples in the theater. I wonder why??

P.S.- Mom, I love your word useage on an "all age" chat site. I thought I was bad.... but I have never put "slut" ,for I am too afraid to get yelled at. :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
11-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by ownerof3dogs

I REALLY hated that movie too. And I also didn't like that Movie about show dog and their owners. I think it was call "Dog Show"or something like that. I disliked it so much I can't remeber what it was called. I couldn't watch the whole thing.!!!

Best in Show? I LOVED it!!! Course I also liked From Hell, The Sixth Sense, and I didn't think Hallow Man was THAT bad..not one of Kevin Bacon's best, but okay....

The one I really remember not liking was Road to Wellville. My friend's gave me such crap for renting that one!!! You wouldn't think it would be bad with Anythony Hopkins...

Scary Movie was a dumb one too.

And there was another one with Alan Alda uhhhh...Everyone Says I Love You. What a WERID movie!!! ( And not in a good way!)

Soledad
11-15-2002, 05:45 PM
I think that most people who *hated* Best in Show simply didn't get that it was supposed to be a joke.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-15-2002, 07:38 PM
With all the people who like dumb movies... did anyone see Austin Powers... Gold Member... I LOVED IT... I don't think I have ever laughed soooo hard.

AmberLee
11-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
I think that most people who *hated* Best in Show simply didn't get that it was supposed to be a joke.

I got that it was a joke. It still didn't appeal to me.

Soledad
11-15-2002, 09:17 PM
I suggest you look into getting a sense of humor, then. ;)

kohala
11-15-2002, 09:57 PM
I thought Six Days and Seven Nights (or was it 106?) with Harrison Ford and Anne Heche was some of the worst acting I've ever seen - not to mention - plot?

I didn't even bother to rent the video of Battlefield Earth; I figured John Revolting owed Scientology a favor on that one. GACK!!!

Titanic was a bore, and I felt sorry for Kevin Costner's try at Waterworld.

Queen of the Damned was pitiful - nothing like the book, which was getting a little overkill in the Lestat saga itself.

I enjoy subtlety, so some you've mentioned before I enjoyed, but it's what you personally get out of a movie. I truly enjoy anything William Macy does, and Frances McDorland is a very good actress - you wouldn't think of her as a New Yorker!! I'm pretty bored with a lot of "stars", and really enjoy actors. I do have a thing for Antonio Banderas and Johnny Depp is very talented!! It's that smoldering thing, I guess!!

11-15-2002, 11:23 PM
P.S.- Mom, I love your word useage on an "all age" chat site. I thought I was bad.... but I have never put "slut" ,for I am too afraid to get yelled at.
Oops, sorry, dear - I'm just so used to hearing you use it so much around the house!:rolleyes: Anyway I was just repeating from another thread, so I'm not the first "naughty girl". You also have to consider the context in which it's being used, and in this case, it was not to libel anyone I know personally. I'm sure Kristin Scott-Thomas does not frequent this board. (She's too busy playing sluts in movies:D:p)

With all the people who like dumb movies... did anyone see Austin Powers... Gold Member... I LOVED IT... I don't think I have ever laughed soooo hard.
Yep, I have laughed out loud at all 3 of those movies, although I think I liked the 2nd one best.

has anyone seen Drop Dead Fred?it is just about the dumbest movie ever created.
So dumb, in fact, that I never got past the first maybe 20 minutes, and I had to turn it off. Some friend of mine at work years ago kept RAVING about that movie, so I rented it - what a waste!

kohala
11-15-2002, 11:59 PM
One of those (many) movies that makes you wonder "Why?"

anna_66
11-16-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by kohala
One of those (many) movies that makes you wonder "Why?"
Because it's just plain stupid, and made me laugh:p

shais_mom
11-17-2002, 12:41 AM
I absolutley, positively, with every fiber of my being HATED Fargo!!
BLECHY!!!
That is the one move that I honestly can say I hated. I like suspenseful movies, but I can't stand the Fri the 13th series, Halloween, and the Freddy Kruger ones.
YUCK!!!
O the one I thought that was hilariously STUPID was Night of the living dead. When the person shot the zombie and their brain kinda plopped out, I about fell off the bed laughing!!!