PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Terminalvelocity
11-13-2002, 09:07 PM
I'd like to introduce myself and my four housemates.

My name is Karel. I chose the nickname Terminal Velocity because that's the speed at which my four were flying around the apartment when I signed up here.

I have, first, Runner. A Barn Cat (capitalized, at her request)10½ years old who used up her time at the local Humane Society. So, one old broad happened to run into the other old broad, the two hooked up together and a grand time was had by all!

Next came the twins. A message posted to another cat site called out to me. It was a two hundred mile round-trip drive to pick up two feral kittens that had been found in the woods, but it just took one look at their pictures and I was begging and pleading to adopt both brother and sister. My wish was granted and two beautiful Maine Coons now grace my home. (I believe both the finder and the message poster are members here. Thank you both!)

Their names are Ramses Che and Nefertari Alexis. They're called Che (after Che Guevara, he's that outrageously cute and rebellious) and Tari (the Alexis is from a friend) Brother and sister rulers to the hilt!

The fourth is my little Pickett. Last March, one year after the twins were born, my son was at a worksite and heard something crying. He searched for the source, picked up a picket fence, and found a three day old kitten.

I had hand-raised my first cat, Tinker Toy, so I knew what needed to be done. I did it. And Wilson Pickett is the result. What a lively kid he turned out to be!! Toy never saw another cat until she was over a year old. SHE was neurotic, but Pickett's just a barrel of fun. (but also neurotic!)

I've got a computer full of pictures and as soon as I figure out this board's method of posting them, I'll do so. I'm not usually this 'verbal', but I wanted to get everything out at once..lol.

Its nice to meet all of you and I look forward to many pleasant conversations in the future. (whew! was that formal or what?)

Karel

Karen
11-13-2002, 09:54 PM
Well, welcome! You and your kitties sound like you'll fit right in here (you) and keep us all entertained (the kitties!).

krazyaboutkatz
11-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Karel. I can't wait to hear more about your 4 cats and to see their pictures. :) I have 3 male cats Storm, Pepper, and Sunny and you can see their pics in my avatar and signature pic. It's very easy to post pics here. If they are under 60k then you hit the browse button and this takes you to your picture file so that you can attach your pic to your post. If you need help you can PM me. :) I know you're going to love it here. I must warn you though that this place is very addictive. :D

Terminalvelocity
11-13-2002, 10:54 PM
Thank you Ms Mayor, and thank you KaK. I have a wee bit of computer knowledge but so many sites are different. Here's a quickie of my four.

toughCookie
11-13-2002, 11:42 PM
welcome, it's always nice to meet a new pettalk member:) :)
I look forward to seeing more pics of your pretty cats! hope you post many pics!

AmberLee
11-14-2002, 01:13 AM
Yes, welcome to Pet Talk, Karel/Terminal Velocity! Hope you'll enjoy it here.

Miss Meow
11-14-2002, 04:12 AM
Welcome Karel! Great story about your furbabies, they have great names too :) I have two cats (a Siamese and a Tonkinese) and am working on adding to the family.

I think it is an initiation rite that you have to post lots of pictures, so off you go!!!

Lillycat
11-14-2002, 04:44 AM
it was great reading yr post....it is soooo obvious how much you love yr kittys....i like that! i loooove mine sooo much also!!! just wanted to say hello.....and welcome....as so many other pt people did for me when i first "tuned in".......enjoy!!!!!:)

neko1
11-14-2002, 05:18 AM
Hi and welcome! Your 4 kitties are really cute! they all kinda look alike!:)

jenluckenbach
11-14-2002, 06:46 AM
WELCOME......WELCOME........WELCOME
You should fit right in here among the cat crazy I have 11 cats (as seen in my sig.) and also 17 mice (but we keep a low profile on them around all these kitties.......LOL)
Loved your quickie slide show presentation and your stories. You sound well on your way to catching up to me and the other "over 10 cats" members.
be lookng forward to more posts.

smokey the elder
11-14-2002, 08:22 AM
Welcome! It's great that you have bottle fed a couple of your cats. That's a lot of work. I like the names of your cats. I have seven of my own and variable amounts of fosters.

Logan
11-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Welcome, Karel!!!! :)

Some of you already know this, but it was me that posted that message on the Cats community in MSN, that put Karel together with my friend, Pam, in Florida, so that Che and Tari could become a part of her family!

And Karel has in turn become one of my good cyber friends!!!! Couldn't ask for better, that's for sure!!!

We are certainly glad to welcome you here, Karel. And since MSN is acting so bad, it's a good excuse to jump over to Pet Talk more often!!!

Logan

Terminalvelocity
11-14-2002, 10:26 AM
Thank you all for your warm welcome. Aren't animal lovers great!! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Logan, I'm so glad you mentioned this place on a post last week. Its so nice to meet new people.

I'll post some pictures on a different thread. I've been 'cruising' the posts and its so great to see all the beautiful pets.

Thanks.
Karel

Uabassoon
11-14-2002, 10:33 AM
Welcome!! I hope I get to see more pictures of your cats soon. I loved the little slide show of your 4 cats.

ramanth
11-14-2002, 10:34 AM
Welcome Karel!!!

Your kitties are so pretty. I look forward to hearing about all their antics. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-14-2002, 10:34 AM
Welcome Karel! Sounds like you'll fit right in and the little slide show was, hopefully, only a taste of more to come. ;) :)

Your kitties look beautiful, and I love the stories of how you got them. Can't wait to hear more stories about them!:)

Cataholic
11-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Welcome to PT! I can't wait to see more and hear more about you and your kitties! I have six kitties, and have committed to two more, all black and white! Only five of my herd are posted in my signature. The missing one is Minnie, and she looks just like Tennie, only slimmer...he he he..

wolflady
11-14-2002, 12:15 PM
WELCOME to Pet Talk Karol!!!
I agree, Pet lovers have got to be some of the best people on earth!;) Be prepared to become addicted to PT like the rest of us! You'll never look back and you'll never regret it!;) :D
My name is Karen and I have 2 male DSH housecats: Scooter and Marius, and 1 stray female tabby kitty outside named Crookshanks whom I'm always keeping an eye out for a home for her. More pics please! :D I look forward to hearing more about your babies! They sound precious! :D
**hugs**
Karen

lynnestankard
11-14-2002, 12:46 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/laser3.gif Karel. Hope you enjoy being part of the madness that is Pet Talk!! :D :D :D I'm the devoted Mum of three furkids named Bagel, Ketchum and Dan.
I've been a Pet Talker since last November and I'm STILL trying to get photos posted!!!!! (As Edwina's Secretary reminded a few days ago!!). I'll do it one day - promise.
Your four furkids sound wonderful - hoping to hear more about their antics soon.

Lynne

Tina
11-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Hello and Welcome I hope you will enjoy your stay here!! Your kitties are so cute!!

jenluckenbach
11-14-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
, and have committed to two more,

WAIT A MINUTE, HERE
I don't seem to know about any 2 new cats!!???!!!

(sorry to add this to your thread, Karel, but ya gotta mention it when you see it)

Cataholic
11-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

WAIT A MINUTE, HERE
I don't seem to know about any 2 new cats!!???!!!

(sorry to add this to your thread, Karel, but ya gotta mention it when you see it)

WELL- Perhaps you didn't read the rescue thred last week? But, I know you did, cause I saw your signature..hmmm...maybe it is early senility? It happens to the best of us (well, not me) but the others..he he he..sorry Karel, but, the time was ripe! :D

Felicia's Mom
11-14-2002, 08:36 PM
Welcome to PT Karel. :D :D