PDA

View Full Version : Quick Kyubey update

snakemama
01-27-2012, 01:22 AM
The little pest is healing up quite well. :) He's got a big seroma at the largest incision site, but it's not bothering him or leaking, and I'm confident that it will resolve just fine. One of the smaller incisions has a little scabbing going on, but it's not red or swollen, so I'm just checking it 243525762x more often than is really necessary, LoL. He's adapted to wearing the soft cone 24/7, and when I have to leave him unattended he's OK with the hard cone. As long as I put his water up on a little platform, he's able to drink just fine wearing the hard cone. I trimmed up the long strings of suture left behind and that seems to have made a HUGE difference. The only "problem" we're having is that he needs ot be brushed frequently...he doesn't mind it, but he feels that the brush is actually a *toy*, and needs to be chewed rather than run through his silky fur. Silly boy.

I tried hard to get a picture to go along with this post, but the camera is a toy too, so all i got were blurry white screens. :rolleyes::love:

cassiesmom
01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
The brush is a toy and the camera is a toy! Funny Kyubey! I hope the seroma resolves really fast, and that you won't need the cone much longer. Gentle *kiss* for you, sweet kitty.

phesina
01-27-2012, 12:22 PM
That's great! Sounds like you are coming along quite nicely, Kyubey, and getting expert nursing care! Be all well very soon!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
02-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Snakemama, how is Kyubey doing?