PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Tasha!

Freedom
01-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Tasha turns 7 years old today! My youngest dog is now considered a 'senior dog' at least by my vet, lol.

She had a lovely walk all around the neighborhood - we did the 2 mile route today - and then she declined to come in, so I switched over put the other 3 in and got Marlin and she came along on his walk, as well.

Some of you will remember, she was born and raised in a cage in Missouri, used as a breeding machine until Small Paws Rescue got her out - she was almost age 4. She spent 6 weeks at their clinic in Tulsa, OK, then flew to Boston and spent 2 weeks with her first foster home. Things didn't work out due to their 6 year old foster boy teasing her (to this day I can NOT trust her around anyone under 3 foot tall, so he made a lasting impression). I fostered her for all of a week before adopting her. Rehabbing a mill dog was hard work, and many small tiny steps forward. This beautiful girl is today so happy and enjoying life to the fullest! Of course she will always be a puppy mill rescue, but she has come so far.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TASHA!!!

pomtzu
01-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Happy Birthday, Tasha

You've come a long way, baby, in more ways than one, and you couldn't have made your final stop in a better place! Woo-hoo ~ ~ ~ a member of the Fluff family.

Hope you're having a super day, pretty girl. Smooches to you.........:love:

Sandie - 7 years is 44 dog years. Yikes - you'd better have a talk with that vet of yours. If 44 is senior - then I must be prehistoric! :eek:

cassiesmom
01-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Happy Birthday, Tasha! Boy, 2 walkies in one day!

You HAVE come so far in your life. It has been fun to watch you doing better and better! :D Now you are a sweet, happy, healthy girl, YAY! Many, many more birthdays to you!

chocolatepuppy
01-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Happy Birthday pretty Tasha!!!:D

Lilith Cherry
01-25-2012, 05:54 PM
:love::love:Happy Birthday to the beautiful Tasha:love::love:

Felicia's Mom
01-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Happy birthday Tasha!

Alysser
01-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Happy Birthday Tasha!!:D You sure look great for 7 years old!

Isn't Willy your youngest?

Freedom
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Willy arrived here after Tasha, so he is my "newest," but he is almost 2 years older than Tasha. Rescues don't 'have' to arrive in birth order! :D

Alysser
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Ahh! I always thought will WAS 2 years old. :rolleyes: Haha, shows how much I pay attention. Thanks for the clarification. :D

Freedom
01-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Willy is the perpetual 2 year old, lol. AND for reasons known only to Willy, he lets Tasha get away with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! She can take bones from him, sleep ON TOP of him, he takes it all!

Scooter's Mom
01-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Happy Birthday, Tasha!

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2012, 12:26 AM
HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY TASHA!!! I hope you had a great one and will continue to remain happy and healthy for many more years to come.:) I think that cats aren't considered seniors until they're 8 years old.;)

kaycountrygal
01-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Sorry I'm late to say Happy Birthday Tasha. Oh My! Your life sure did change for the better when you joined Freedom and the crew. Tasha must feel as if she is out of prison since she came to your house. I hope she has many more birthdays.

lizbud
01-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Happy Birthday Tasha :love: Hope you have many, many more happy ones to come.:)

ps. Freedom, have you ever told the stories of where each of your pups came from before
they became part of the family? I didn't know about Tasha's history. Bless her heart.:)

Varga
01-27-2012, 06:05 AM
I know I'm terribly late :o So happy belated birthday Tasha!

Freedom
01-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Thank you so much everyone for the good wishes for my Tasha girl.

Lizbud, each dog's history appeared here on PT when they arrived, lol. Tasha is the only mill rescue. The others were pets; although Willy was a neglected pet. Lacey was found wandering the streets of Providence, and picked up as a stray, so don't know much about her history.

ramanth
01-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Happy Birthday Tasha!

Freedom
01-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Tasha says WOOF! Ramanth. Thanks for posting!

todd
01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Happy Birthday,