PDA

View Full Version : Domino's Getting Neutered on Tuesday!

Roxyluvsme13
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Well, day after tomorrow is the day for the big guy! He now weighs almost 13 pounds :eek:, but I'm sure everyone at the vet's is going to adore him. :D

This is my first male cat, and so therefore my first cat neuter experience, so I'm a little nervous.

Just keep him in your thoughts on Tuesday. We're taking him in between 8-9am and I have to pick him up before 5pm the same day. I'll update after he's home or throughout the day as I'm worrying myself over him LOL. I know he will be fine, but he's my baby boy, and I have to worry!

krazyaboutkatz
01-22-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm sure that he'll be just fine and will heal up quickly. In general, neuters are much easier and less invasive than spays. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

catmandu
01-23-2012, 09:36 AM
They have neuetering down to a science now so taht should be no problem!!:)
The trouble may well be getting Big Domino in and out of the carrier at the Vets!!!:eek:
We pray that all goes smoothly tomorrow:love:

katladyd
01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I have had a few males neutered and it is not hard on them at all! Every single one of them has come home the same day and immediately started playing. Females have to take it easy for awhile.

Roxyluvsme13
01-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the consolation to ease my worries, haha.

Honestly, I'm wondering if he's even going to fit in the carrier as big as he is :p. Hopefully though, as we only have one cat carrier. Otherwise guess I'll be packing up the huge dog crate to take him in :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
01-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Dommie's at the vet's now. He cried the whole way there and when they took him back we could hear him meowing while we filled out paperwork. This is his first time away from us, so I know he's scared.

He's probably in surgery/maybe out of surgery by now. Can't wait till this afternoon when I get to go get him! At least I have classes to distract me until then.

ETA: 11AM, they just called my mom. He is out of surgery and will be ready between 1:30 and 5 :). I'll be going to get him after class ends at 3:30.

Don Juan's mom
01-24-2012, 02:46 PM
i not surprised domino cryin. hope he fights like hell. bad ol doctor takin his kitty bits. :mad:

don juan el gato magnifico y hermoso

Roxyluvsme13
01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
He's been home for a few hours now. He went off to my mom's room and is sleeping under her rocking chair, wanting his alone time. He's walking very easily as I know he's sore, but he was pretty bright eyed and ate a little bit of cat food. Surgery went well, and he got his shots too. He weighs 11.30 pounds according to the vet, guess my scale is off!

Scooter's Mom
01-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Glad his surgery went well! Hope he recovers quickly.

phesina
01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Welcome home, and congratulations, Domino! You are a MAN now!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Good to hear Domino is home and doing ok!:)

mrspunkysmom
01-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well.

kaycountrygal
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Glad your Domino is home, safe and sound, and that his procedure is over. It's always stressful on us too when we take our babies to the vet.

Roxyluvsme13
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Good news!

Domino has now peed, drank water, eaten food, gotten love from both my mom and I, and is walking around pretty much his normal self :).

Lily was SO excited when we brought him back home. I think she'd thought that we'd taken him away. She thinks he is her kitty :p.

So, his neuter was pretty uneventful, and I'm hoping he will have an easy recovery. He's already back to normal pretty much, so it seems he will!

In a few weeks, it's Tallulah's turn... so be prepared for that post in the future!

slick
01-24-2012, 11:54 PM
It's always scary when our fur babies go in for sir jury. I'm so glad that he's home and acting normal. He won't even miss his bits. Be happy Dom - this was for your own health and happiness.;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-25-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm glad to hear that he's now home and that everything went well.:)

Roxyluvsme13
01-25-2012, 08:34 AM
He is 100% back to normal today, minus still walking a little gingerly, but that was to be expected of course. He event pounced Tallulah this morning and has been jumping up on the tables and couches, even though he's not supposed to :rolleyes:.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and good thoughts everyone! :love:

cassiesmom
01-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Yay, Domino! This is very good news! :D