PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #465 - Happy Birthday to Little Ricky!

cassiesmom
01-19-2012, 05:26 PM
It's "Little" Ricky Ricardo's 59th Birthday! He was born on the episode that first aired on January 19, 1953. So ... I'll open up with a toast to one of my very favorite comediennes! I :love: Lucy! (Must admit I'm toasting with a cup of tea because it's cold out in Chicago today!)

slick
01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I was sick yesterday otherwise would have posted sooner. Yes, a toast to Little Ricky.

We are still in a deep freeze up here and today will bring us snow and freezing rain. Pretty ugly.

One Spanish Coffee please. Brrrr!

Pinot's Mom
01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
...slammed at work...popping in before the next interviewee comes in...HAPPY PURPLE FRIDAY, Y'ALL!! (only some will know what that means - GO RAVENS!)

A toast with water right now - check back after work! :) My last interview before hiring! :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
I raise my glass to Little Ricky! His mom was, and is still one of the funniest women in comedy.

Lady's Human
01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Quoth the Raven(s) Nevermore.

Sunday night they're going to be black and purple, but not because of their unis......
:p

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-21-2012, 08:50 AM
That's right. The kind of black and purple they're gonna be wearin' they're gonna need a long soak.

pomtzu
01-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Just so I'm not black and purple from falling on the ice that's coating the great outdoors right now. The snow has changed to freezing drizzle! :eek:

Coffee anyone??? - with Baileys??? Son picked up Baileys with a hint of mint chocolate. It's delish! :D

Pinot's Mom
01-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Quoth the Raven(s) Nevermore.

Sunday night they're going to be black and purple, but not because of their unis......
:p

That's right. The kind of black and purple they're gonna be wearin' they're gonna need a long soak.

Hey! None of that! Look what happens when I pop out for a little while, all this trash talk on my Ravens! :rolleyes:

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?! Barkeep - set 'em up, even for those New England fans. Munchies at the ready - let's go RAVENS!:D

Edwina's Secretary
01-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Does anyone remember the singing group that "Little Ricky", Dean Martin Junior and some other guy had? Oh! I had such a crush on them! Anyone remember the groups name?

pomtzu
01-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Does anyone remember the singing group that "Little Ricky", Dean Martin Junior and some other guy had? Oh! I had such a crush on them! Anyone remember the groups name?

I don't think they had a name, other than Dino, Desi & Billy, did they? :confused:

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Hey! None of that! Look what happens when I pop out for a little while, all this trash talk on my Ravens! :rolleyes:

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?! Barkeep - set 'em up, even for those New England fans. Munchies at the ready - let's go RAVENS!:D

I will say this, it was a very close game. The Patriots were very lucky. Even Brady said so. I don't have any fingernails left.

pomtzu
01-23-2012, 10:04 AM
I will say this, it was a very close game. The Patriots were very lucky. Even Brady said so. I don't have any fingernails left.

It definitely was a good game! I wore purple yesterday, wishing for Ravens good luck, but it didn't work - darn!!!

Maggie - you can come out now. Besides - you'll have a lot to celebrate TOMORROW! :D

momcat
01-23-2012, 02:40 PM

Dino, Desi, and Billy

Edwina's Secretary
01-23-2012, 03:23 PM
A Cuba Libre in honor of Ricky's heritage?

Lady's Human
01-23-2012, 04:06 PM
How about we order dinner from the Naked Fish? It's a MA restaurant that specializes in Cuban/Carribean dishes.

Edwina's Secretary
01-23-2012, 04:56 PM
I blush to think of naked fish!

Pinot's Mom
01-23-2012, 05:47 PM
....OK....I'm back....:( No Ravens in the Superbowl. I know, I know, it was still a good season, and Ellie, you're right - tomorrow's going to be a VERY GOOD DAY! I may be under the weather, but I'll enjoy having our house back!

Barkeep - I'm still buyin'! Vodka & Diet Ginger for me, and some leftover onion pudding from yesterday's game? Anyone? Good stuff!

Lady's Human
01-24-2012, 01:45 PM
I'd like to ask everyone to join me in a drink in memory of my dearly departed Fannie Farmer cookbook. :(

Karen
01-24-2012, 02:03 PM
What happened? Did it finally fall completely apart?

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Yup, he lost the pages for the baked ham. Very sad.:( I think it's in about four pieces and several pages in the cupboard.

slick
01-24-2012, 06:02 PM
RIP dear cookbook. I know the heartache only too well.... :(

Well, only 5 more days to go before retirement. Could I have my usual please? A bloody mary with a lemon wedge and celery stick???

Happy Tuesday to everyone. :cool:

Lady's Human
01-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Death of a cookbook that was a wedding present.... But it died from use, so it's not too hard to take.

What's more irritating is buying a new one. I wish they made a spiral bound version, it would last longer.

Karen
01-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Death of a cookbook that was a wedding present.... But it died from use, so it's not too hard to take.

What's more irritating is buying a new one. I wish they made a spiral bound version, it would last longer.

Bird, take it to a local print shop in Binghamton, if there is one that's been in business for a while. They can cut off the binding, and drill holes and make any book spiral bound for ya!

And Slick, any special retirement treats we should start prepping for you?

RICHARD
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi everyone,

Let me put on an apron and start to pour.

It's been a hectic few weeks and things are really looking up, for once.

Let's have a drink and a long sit in front of the fire.

Done.

Lady's Human
01-24-2012, 07:08 PM
I beat you to both, had a bottle of wine with dinner and sat in front of the fireplace.

I love quiet days off. Just wish the cookbook hadn't died.

slick
01-24-2012, 11:29 PM
A Kentucky state trooper pulled Richard over driving a pickup on I40. State trooper said "Got any ID" to which Richard replied " 'bout what?" (I think he's fitting in nicely.... :) )

Sorry Richard, just a little redneck humour. No intention to offend. I'm in a goofy mood tonight.

I'll take a DOTD whatever that is.:cool:

RICHARD
01-25-2012, 08:26 AM
A Kentucky state trooper pulled Richard over driving a pickup on I40. State trooper said "Got any ID" to which Richard replied " 'bout what?" (I think he's fitting in nicely.... :) )

Sorry Richard, just a little redneck humour. No intention to offend. I'm in a goofy mood tonight.

I'll take a DOTD whatever that is.:cool:

Bite me.;)

There is no I40 in Kentucky, you must mean I-64.:D

----------

I'll make you a BM with a prawn hanging off the side amd LH gets a refill.

Let's mourn the loss of the cookbook.

Lady's Human
01-25-2012, 08:58 AM
If Richard doesn't have any Id, we're all in trouble.

His ego is enough as it is.

(sorry, freudian humor, couldn't resist.)

slick
01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
A toast to MOFF'S birthday today!! Have a great day MOFF!!:love:

Randi
01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Well, I accidentially bought parsnips instead of parsley roots, so I'm cooking parsnip roots along with potatoes to make mash. I hope it will taste OK. I don't think I've tasted either of them before.

A toast to MOFF and Happy Birthday - have a wonderful day! :love: Cheers!

Slick, did you get your horoscope for today? ;)

Karen
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Well, I accidentially bought parsnips instead of parsley roots, so I'm cooking parsnip roots along with potatoes to make mash. I hope it will taste OK. I don't think I've tasted either of them before.

A toast to MOFF and Happy Birthday - have a wonderful day! :love: Cheers!

Slick, did you get your horoscope for today? ;)

You've never had parsnips? They are similar to carrot, but even sweeter. I am sure it will be yummy, just different than the parsley root.
Grandpa always grew parsnips.

And yes, Happy Birthday! This calls for cake! Chocolate, spice or vanilla, what's your preference?

Lady's Human
01-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Randi, the parsnip roots will make excellent mashed 'taters.

Randi
01-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Thank you, it was yummy! :) I had bought a pre-made dish of stag? to heat in the oven, with carrotts, ??, berries and a divine sauce. On the back of it, there was was this recipe of how to make a good mash to go with it. Other than potato and parsley root, you also put a clove of garlic in, a bit of grated nutmeg and of course, salt and pepper, You should try it!

Karen, I may have had parsnips before, but without knowing what they were. :o

momoffuzzyfaces
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Oh, chocolate cake for me please!!! and a cherry root beer. :love:

RICHARD
01-25-2012, 04:32 PM
If Richard doesn't have any Id, we're all in trouble.

His ego is enough as it is.

(sorry, freudian humor, couldn't resist.)

If I ever dress as a woman, would I have to wear a Freudan slip?

:eek:

Let's have another round of drinks, some parsnips and get MOFF a CRB.

Choco cake?

DONE!