PDA

View Full Version : Winnie the Pooh Day!

Karen
01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Today is the birthday of A. A. Milne, the author of the beloved Winnie the Pooh books. Hug someone today, and have some honey in your tea or coffee or on toast to celebrate.

happylabs
01-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Oh bother, I missed this. I still love Winne the Pooh.

phesina
01-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Oh, happy birthday, A.A., well done, sir! And celebrations for dear Winnie the Pooh, such a fine bear!

Interesting factoid dept.: Did you know that Winnie the Pooh was named after the city of Winnipeg?

cassiesmom
01-19-2012, 11:57 AM
I LOVE Winnie the Pooh! And Piglet, and Eeyore, and Kanga and Roo, and Rabbit, and Tigger...

"There is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -- Winnie the Pooh

Karen
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Oh, happy birthday, A.A., well done, sir! And celebrations for dear Winnie the Pooh, such a fine bear!

Interesting factoid dept.: Did you know that Winnie the Pooh was named after the city of Winnipeg?

I thought he was named after the swan Christopher Robin would visit at the zoo? Was the swan named after Winnipeg?

Bother, said Pooh.

As an exercise in civility, try saying "Oh, Bother" instead of cussing the next time you have the urge. Puts a whole different spin on life!

phesina
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I thought he was named after the swan Christopher Robin would visit at the zoo? Was the swan named after Winnipeg?

Bother, said Pooh.

As an exercise in civility, try saying "Oh, Bother" instead of cussing the next time you have the urge. Puts a whole different spin on life!

The swan's name was "Pooh." "Winnie" was short for "Winnipeg," the home town of the soldier who acquired the real bear that eventually inspired the stories. See: http://www.winniethepoohbear.net/history.php for more of the history.