PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite author...

redbird
01-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Since I read quite a bit, I just wondered if you do too and who is your favorite author. Mine is James Patterson without a doubt. I have read over 50 of his books. I also like Danielle Steel and have read many of her books also. I actually have a spread sheet and keep all my books logged there so I don't pick up the same book twice.

I get my reading material from the library since I don't have a lot of space to keep books so returning them to the library works for me. They also put books on 'hold' and that works for me too. So who is your fav.

Randi
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
I quite like Sue Grafton's books A for..., B for... etc. There are others, but I can think of them right now - although I loved reading "A cat in Paris". :)

kittycats_delight
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
My ALL TIME favorite author is Charles Dickens. I would have to say a close second would be Fyodor Dostoyevsky with Leo Tolstoy a close 3rd. Out of the modern authors my favorite is Anne Rice. Within the group of my favorites would also be Tolkien, Dumas, Poe, George Martin, Thomas Hardy, Bram Stoker & Mary Shelley.

Classic Literature is close to my heart. I prefer that over all other but there are times I just want something easy & just plain entertaining but that is not often.

pomtzu
01-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I can't say that I have a favorite, as I like to read many different types of books by many different authors, but I especially enjoy the works of Stephen King and Dean Koontz.

cassiesmom
01-18-2012, 04:03 PM
I enjoyed two of Erik Larson's books very much, Devil in the White City and In the Garden of Beasts.

I've really liked most of John Grisham's books, too.

Grace
01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
My new favorite is Louise Penny. She writes mysteries that are simply fantastic. When I pick one up to read, my husband knows I won't be "present and accounted for" until the book is finished. If any of you should be interested in them, you need to read them in chronological order. Still Life is the first in the series.

I also enjoy the books of Seth Mnookin. Non-fiction - varied subjects.

happylabs
01-18-2012, 11:18 PM
I really like John Grisham. I love fiction books with the legal theme.

Suki Wingy
01-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Well I've been reading Shakespeare fanfiction lately...

momcat
01-19-2012, 08:51 AM
A few of my classic favorites are Bobby Burns, Edgar Allan Poe, and Mark Twain. As for contemporary writers, it's Stephen King.

JuniorxMyxLove
01-19-2012, 05:46 PM
John Green is my absolute favorite author. I loooooove him.

After that, I'd probably say J.D. Salinger and J.K. Rowling (I had to, haha)

Alysser
01-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Jack London, author of my favorite books "The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang". I read alot of really random non-fiction animal books and alot alot of fanfiction.....I can't believe I just admitted that. :p And of course, JK Rowling.

Suki Wingy
01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Jack London, author of my favorite books "The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang". I read alot of really random non-fiction animal books and alot alot of fanfiction.....I can't believe I just admitted that. :p And of course, JK Rowling.

I not only read fanfiction, I write it sometimes! I really don't think it's anything people should hide. Heck, I write Hamlet/Horatio fluff. Which fandoms do you read stuff from?

I read a bit of nonfiction too. I like to frequent Goodwill's science section. I'm reading Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers right now and I have Moon Hunters; NASA's Remarkable Expeditions to the Ends of the Solar System for next. :)