PDA

View Full Version : Scatology 101?

RICHARD
01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
As a dog owner - a title I have recently renewed - I have had to revisit an old 'talent' I learned when I was a dog owner, years ago.
Te
I always used to laugh at the old western/adventure movies where a guide, hero or scout would wander down a trail, stop and look at the spoor of a animal and immediately tell the kind of beast, what he ate, how long ago he pooped and what color of fur it had.;)

In the past week we had had rain and snow and cold weather.

Tucker, the Wonder Dog's stools are easy to spot when I go out to the compost heap. Against the fallen snow, they are easy to spot.

---------------------------------
The other day, I walked into the garage to move some boxes around and came across a doodie on the floor.

The door to the garage is ajar because the latch/knob is broken and when I looked at the pile, I noticed that is was not a regular stool.

Hmmmm,

:confused:

I thought that it may be from a stray that comes into the garage on occasion to sleep and hang out.

When I came back to pick it up, I was a little puzzled.

----------------------

Walking the Tuckster around the 'hood has made me immune to picking up after him. I like to think that any good dog owner should be on the look out for any change in their dog's doodie.;)

When I looked closer, It was not a cat pile, it was more dog-sized and I surmised that it was too cold for Tuck to poop on the grass, so he took it to the garage floor.:o:)

-------------------------

When I put the shovel down I noticed that it did not look right, there were some signs that maybe the Tuckmeister might be ill.

I thought about it for a while and began to laugh.

----------------------

The 'problem' with the present he left on the floor was pomegranate seeds.

Dogs can't digest the seeds!

Tuck is truely a Wonder Dog.

He loves veggies and fruit.

He and I shared a pomegranate a few days earlier. He loved the seed and I think he enjoyed it more that I did...

Anyway?

I figured out that was what was wrong with the 'specimen'.

I shoveled it out into the yard and lauged, mostly from relief - there is nothing wrong with the dog - and I know that the next time I eat pomegranates, I'll have my pal sitting next to me, waiting for a treat.:eek::D

Karen
01-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Isn't it amazing the things animals can teach us? ;)

And isn't snow great for seeing what critters have been through your yard?