PDA

View Full Version : great story

weeze
11-13-2002, 03:33 PM
The other day my next door neighbor called me to go over because they just got a little kitten. Of course, I ran right over because I can't resist a little fur ball. Anyway, her husband was out on a friend's farm on Friday and there was about 20 or more feral kitties running around on the farm. He said that he tried to pet some but they would immediately run away and were completely wild. Anyway, there was one little one in the bunch who started to follow him around, everywhere he would go. He picked her up and she loved every bit of attention he would give her. The owner of the farm said that she was the runt of the litter and probably would not survive the winter. When he heard this, my neighbor decided to take this little miracle home with him, where she now has a warm, loving place to live. She is the cutest little thing, all black. She is also very lucky.

ramanth
11-13-2002, 03:38 PM
How wonderful!

Two of my cats were acquired this way. :) Barn cats.... Nike followed my dad all around the farm when he would visit our friends, so he brought him home. Years later, Scooter came from the same farm. :)

lailamara
11-13-2002, 03:50 PM
I love to hear good news. All my friend's cats have been farm kitties and they' re delightful companions.

Glacier
11-13-2002, 04:41 PM
Awww, what a lucky little girl. Pete and Glacier are both barn kitties too--different farms though. My dad always says "you just can't beat a good ol' barn cat!" :D

Terminalvelocity
11-13-2002, 08:41 PM
Great story! (I guess all cats were 'barn cats' once.) That little one knew just what to do to find herself a forever-home. Smart kitty! She'll be a keeper.

Felicia's Mom
11-13-2002, 09:04 PM
A lucky (and smart) kitten. One of my rainbow cats was a farm cat.

krazyaboutkatz
11-13-2002, 10:03 PM
That's a great story. I'm so glad that the little black cat has a new home. :) Maybe your friends should name her Lucky. :)

Chinadoll
11-15-2002, 10:53 AM
Awwww! That's a wonderful story. I'm so glad she found a good home.

gini
11-15-2002, 11:20 AM
I like the fact that a "man" is completely smitten by this little tiny thing that follows him around. He scoops up the kitten and gives it a forever home! Very smart kitty!

Lillycat
11-16-2002, 04:09 AM
doesnt that sound like a wonderful holiday story.....or am i just thinking holidays at this point? happy, happy forever home for the little black baby kitty!!!!

Cataholic
11-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Smitten, Smitten, by a teeny tiny Kitten...isn't life grand?