PDA

View Full Version : Catmobile Kitties, it's Superbowl time!

momcat
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi Catmobile friends!
I guess many of you have been following the NFL playoffs. I've been watching the games with Soncat and it's getting down to the wire now. The games are really getting exciting. Pinot, how are things looking for your Ravens? Soncat and I are Giants fans and they really pounded Green Bay yesterday. Can you imagine a Ravens v. Giants Superbowl?

What do you say fellow kitties, shall we start making plans to go to this year's Superbowl? We should know who's playng after next week. It will be a good game and we had lots of fun last time. Check in so we can start making our plans.

Your friend,
Grroucho

phesina
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Oh, we are all SO into going to this... Bagpipes and all!

katladyd
01-16-2012, 06:39 PM
We are big sports fans in our home so all three of the boys have been closely following the playoffs. We are not big Green Bay fans here, so we were so happy the Giants won! Right now, our focus is on basketball (L.A. has two super teams this year!), but we love football, too! The boys will be there and Ming wonders if they will be the Halftime Show this year. Just akin'...

momcat
01-16-2012, 06:51 PM
The boys will be there and Ming wonders if they will be the Halftime Show this year. Just akin'...

Hi Ming, Groucho went through his lawyer files and asked me to let you know the agreement and contract for the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet to perform at this year's half time show is signed and good to go. He's on his cell phone right now with the Superbowl honchos working out the final details. Great seats will be waiting for the Catmobile kitties.

cassiesmom
01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Oh, we are all SO into going to this... Bagpipes and all!

Cassie would like to join in the fun!

Pinot's Mom
01-16-2012, 08:25 PM
My purrents are looking for something called a Har-bowl - whatever that is!

Ravens, Ravens, Ravens!!

astrid
01-17-2012, 09:21 AM
OMG! I'm so in too!
Can I wear my cheerleader outfit?

Sophie
--posted via CatBerry Mobile

catmandu
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
There will be several HSR Angel and Found Cat Hotel Buses going to the Big Game!!!:D
And All Five of My New Found Hotel Cats are really looking forward to thier first Big Party.:cool:
They have herad that the stadium vendors and restaurants go all out for the Big Super Bowl Party for at least a week ahead of time.:D:D
Lets get ready for some Foot Ball!!!:):):)

momcat
01-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Of course you're coming with us, Cassie! No Catmobile trip would be complete without you! Hmm, do you think we could get some Chicago pizza and Eli's cheesecake?

Hey Sophie, looking forward to seeing you again! Wearing your cheerleader outfit will be great and you can lead us cheering. Have you heard from your BFF Chels? When you talk to her, be sure to tell her and Franklin to check in.

Okay fellow kitties, be sure to bring your sunglasses!

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Of course you're coming with us, Cassie! No Catmobile trip would be complete without you! Hmm, do you think we could get some Chicago pizza and Eli's cheesecake?

Hey Sophie, looking forward to seeing you again! Wearing your cheerleader outfit will be great and you can lead us cheering. Have you heard from your BFF Chels? When you talk to her, be sure to tell her and Franklin to check in.

Okay fellow kitties, be sure to bring your sunglasses!

Your friend,
Groucho

Dear Groucho,
My meowm said that since the game is in Indianapolis, it would be terrific if the Catmobile could stop here briefly on the way to the game, and she can stock it with pizza and cheesecake for us. And whatever else we think we may need -- does anyone have a request?

She is still unhappy because the Bears were putting a promising season together until Jay Cutler broke his hand. Then they didn't do too well with Caleb Hanie as the QB. We are going to the game and she is not, ha haa!

Purrs and head bumpies,
Cassie

Edwina's Secretary
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Football? Indianapolis?? Meowmie's birthplace???
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4685.jpghttp://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4681.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
01-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Winnie, Angel, Chip and Chuck are wanting to go. When is the Super Bowl? The girls want to know what to wear? :love:

momcat
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Winnie, Angel, Chip and Chuck are wanting to go. When is the Super Bowl? The girls want to know what to wear? :love:

Hi Winnie, Angel, Chip and Chuck,
The Superbowl is February 5 but we don't know which teams are going to be playing yet. We do hope you'll be able to join in on the fun. We guys will be wearing team jerseys with caps and our sunglasses.

Lady Edwina, all the lady kitties depend on you and your expert fashion advice. Can you help them out about what the proper attire is for this ultimate sports event?

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
01-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Nelson is looking forward to going to the game too! He's been under the weather lately, and both his sides have big shaved spots where his doctors were checking him out. He was afraid the gang might think he's funny-looking going to the game like that, but now he's decided to wear his Aran sweater, both to cover up the bald spots and to make a fashion statement.

He's been practicing his Sean Nos singing and square dance calling.

He also has some new Knock-Knock jokes to share with his friends (he says these jokes are just now starting to catch on with cats.. but they can't quite grasp what Knock-Knocking is all about).

Edwina's Secretary
01-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Well girls....

I have to ask one question. Who's playing? My secretary is absolutely no help (she mutters something under her breathe about overfed men and piling on...:confused::confused:)

But this might have possibilities...http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/cheesehead.jpg

or thishttp://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4728.jpg

I've tried to convince her this one is all wrong...http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/HappyStPatricksDay.jpg

Is there any one more savvy than my secretary who can offer guidance? I do so want to get it right!

Unathletically,

Edwina
e/s

momcat
01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
I have exciting news! When Meowmie finally came home from work she said she has a big surprise for us. Meowmie somehow got us VIP tickets for the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Half Time Show! Not only that, the hamster pilots will take anyone who wants to go for a ride in their blimp!!! Meowmie is terrified of flying in anything and said anyone who would prefer to stay on the ground can do so. I'm so excited about this and hope you are too. Sophie, you and the other lady kitties can wear your cheerleader outfits.

Your friend,
Groucho

momcat
01-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
Well, it's going to be a Patriots v Giants Superbowl! Pinot, we were sorry to see your Ravens lose on that last kick. They played a good game! This is going to be a great Superbowl, last time the Patriots were undefeated going in and the Giants beat them. Could we be looking at a grudge game here?

Okay, now we can start making our plans. Since the Superbowl is on Sunday when should we plan to leave? I was thinking maybe Thursday or Friday but that's just my thought. Check in so we can set a definite date to take off and I'll arrange to get the Catmobile.

Your friend,
Groucho

momoffuzzyfaces
01-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Winnie, Angel, Chip and Chuck are all packed are ready to go at a moments notice. Chip and Chuck are really excited. They've never seen a football game in purrson. :love:

astrid
01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi there! I'm so ready for the superbowl! I dunno what it is but sounds fun..
Just need you to tell me when and where should I get to cause I have to arrange the limo service at the airport.

Question: Has anyone heard from my bff Chels and her little one, Franklin? I've been calling her but her cell phone is always off :confused:

Ok, see you soon!

Sophie
--posted via CatBerry Mobile

katladyd
01-23-2012, 05:57 PM
I think her phone has been tied up by a certain Siamese cat in my household. I will tell him to back off and give her a chance to talk to Sophie. They DO have to coordinate their outfits and accessories!:cool:

Pinot's Mom
01-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I just tried to show my feelings about the game yesterday by scratching at Meowm & Dad's big Ravens magnet on the fridge.:mad:

OK, kitties, we've got like no time to plan, and although these are NOT our favorite teams in this house, I'll put that aside for the sake of the Catmobile party.;) Check in with me y'all so I can plan the trip!

momcat
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi Pinot,
First of all, I'm so sorry about your Ravens. We saw that last kick that would have tied the game, Meowmie sat here and said, "Oh no!" They played a good game and I hope you and your purrents aren't angry at the kicker for missing. Soncat is the football fan in our house and even though we're Giants fans we do feel bad. Meowmie doesn't like football but says she cheers for the Giants "to keep peace in the house". Her first thought was for you and your purrents.

I talked to the local Jaguar dealer today. The Catmobile is being preped and will be ready when we are. All I have to do is let her know when we firm up our leaving date. By the way, do you need any maps? I'm not sure but you may have a new, state of the art GPS this time.

Okay fellow kitties, we're still waiting for some of you to check in and let us know you're coming. There's still plenty of room in the Catmobile, transportation will be provided plus we need to know how much food to order from the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe. Sophie, have you talked to Chels yet?

Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Our Awesome Angels are sending Scooter Bug Angel :love: Max and Spreckles Angels :love::love: and Tubby and Peanut Butter Angels :love::love:
and a Certain Dream Cat:love: and Joseph :love: are scouring Indianapolis for places to dine, places to see , and places to stay.
Willie :love: and Annie :love: and All Our Baby Angels are there now getting things started.:love:

astrid
01-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Sophie, have you talked to Chels yet?

No Groucho, I still haven't! I'm starting to worry...

Sophie
-posted via CatBerry Mobile

phesina
01-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Groucho, we're all coming! All us girlies (Sparkler, Poppy, Lavinia, and Princess Poppaea) have our cheerleading costumes ready to wear, and Sparkler is also bringing her Irish and Scottish dancing duds, depending on how the program shapes up. Bob and Sydney have the bagpipes ready to go, and Nelson has been practicing his Sean Nos singing and square dance calling. (Elmer is just going to enjoy the show.)

Shall we take the train from Ann Arbor to Trenton? With all that we're bringing along, we're going to need our own train car!

cassiesmom
01-24-2012, 05:28 PM
I just tried to show my feelings about the game yesterday by scratching at Meowm & Dad's big Ravens magnet on the fridge.:mad:

Dear Pinot, my meowm said you are welcome to scratch at her Chicago Bears magnet any time! :mad:

Hi Groucho, we're all coming! All us girlies (Sparkler, Poppy, Lavinia, and Princess Poppaea) have our cheerleading costumes ready to wear, and Sparkler is also bringing her Irish and Scottish dancing duds, depending on how the program shapes up. Bob and Sydney have the bagpipes ready to go, and Nelson has been practicing his Sean Nos singing and square dance calling. (Elmer is just going to enjoy the show.)

Shall we take the train from Ann Arbor to Trenton? With all that we're bringing along, we're going to need our own train car!

Dear Phesina kitties, would you like to take the train from Ann Arbor to Chicago, and my meowm and I will pick you up at Union Station. Since the game is down in Indianapolis which is a hop, skip and a jump from Chicago. Or maybe the Catmobile will pick you up directly since you have costumes, bagpipes and supplies.

We have ordered Chicago pizza and Eli's cheesecake. I'm hoping someone will bring fish from the east or west coast, but it's okay if that doesn't happen. My meowm gets decent frozen fish at Trader Joe's.

Purrs, head bumpies, and ankle rubs,
Cassie

slick
01-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Oh Sparkler my love :love:- I'm all packed and ready to go but coming from KA-NA-DA can be tricky. Planning on leaving on Thursday for Friday morning. Groucho, where shall I meet everyone?

Merlin

phesina
01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Ann Arbor to Chicago is even better! We wouldn't have to change trains in Toledo then, like we would if we were going to Trenton.

Or if the Catmobile wants to swing up this way and pick us up, we can bring in more goodies from Ann Arbor's Haggis in a Hurry Shoppe, since the kitties will probably have eaten most of the yummies from the Trenton shoppe by the time they get here. (In fact, we'll bring more of those if we come by train, or however!)

Merlin, I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to being with darling YOU:love::love::love: again! Many kissies and head-bumpies from your adoring Sparkler.

From all your Ann Arbor pals.. we're so excited to be getting together again with our friends! Indianapolis will NEVER be the same again after Super Bowl Sunday's halftime show!

slick
01-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Wouldn't this be great if it were a reality and not virtual????
Signed, excited Mewomie

Merlin says he wants to take the plane to Ann Arbor and travel to Trenton with his beloved.:love::rolleyes: So he will be taking the shuttle to Seattle and fly from there. I told him that he can't take any of my credit cards this time - you know, retirement and all.

katladyd
01-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Okay, the boys wondered if they could be picked up in Chicago on the Friday before the Super Bowl? Warning: Mac is a die-hard Giants fan and will be wearing his team jersey. I apologize to any of the kitties who are Patriot fans. I do hope he doesn't get his face painted! As usual, the boys are going to attempt to bring some sushi to the festivities.

phesina
01-25-2012, 12:30 AM
My dearest Merlin,

Oh, sweetheart, I'm SO excited to learn that my dearest Merlin is coming here to travel to the game with us! My darling, I'll take you to my little private space, under the bed, where I dream of you and where we can make beautiful dreams together... and I'll show you where my Meowmie hung your picture with your fur on the back nice and low so I can gaze at it and purr for hours at a time!!!

We will have such a wonderful time! You'll get to meet all my fur-sibs at home and our Meowmie too. And maybe we can even sneak in a trip to the Haggis in a Hurry Shoppe for a real feast!

Lovies and purrrrrs and headbumpies :love::love::love::love::love:,
Your adoring Sparkler

dehlers43
01-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Chelsea and Franklin have been in mourning ever since our Niners lost.... :(
They really need cheering up so they are definitely up for a cat mobile trip.
Sophie, Chels said she would text you ASAP to coordinate outfits and tiaras. She will also be bringing pompoms for all the girls and stadium blankets for everyone.
And I heard a rumor that the bagpipe band will be playing the Star Spangled Banner.....:D

momcat
01-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Warning: Mac is a die-hard Giants fan and will be wearing his team jersey. I apologize to any of the kitties who are Patriot fans.

Don't worry about a thing, Mac. I'm a big Giants fan too and this is going to be a great game. Meowmie is going to Quakerbridge Mall on Saturday so if you would like her to get anything "Giants" for you, please let me know. I will ask her to get the championship hats for each of us since she'll be getting one for Soncat and our neighbor Charlie. After our win on Sunday, Soncat and Charlie were literally outside
dancing in the street! Hoomins! We beat the Patriots once and we CAN do it again!

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
We have a couple of stadium blankets, too and guess what? They're plaid! :)

slick
01-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Oh my sweet Sparkler: My bag is packed and Meowmie is sending me to da big plane tomorrow. I shud be dare by tomorrow nite. I can hardly wait to see you and share your secret spaces. Yes, we will dream all night together.
Lovingly yours
Merlin :love::love::love:

RICHARD
01-27-2012, 07:33 AM
I heard the Puppy Bowl is going to happen again this year...

And a story about last year's halftime show!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/110204_puppy_bowl_kittens

momcat
01-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks for posting that wondeful article, Richard! While my son looks forward to the game, I can't wait for the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Half Time Show. The only problem is that I want ALL of them. It's great to know that all of those sweeties will be going to their furever homes after the festivities.

katladyd
01-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Don't worry about a thing, Mac. I'm a big Giants fan too and this is going to be a great game. Meowmie is going to Quakerbridge Mall on Saturday so if you would like her to get anything "Giants" for you, please let me know. I will ask her to get the championship hats for each of us since she'll be getting one for Soncat and our neighbor Charlie. After our win on Sunday, Soncat and Charlie were literally outside
dancing in the street! Hoomins! We beat the Patriots once and we CAN do it again!

Your friend,
Groucho

AWESOME, DUDE!

Mac

cassiesmom
01-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks for posting that wondeful article, Richard! While my son looks forward to the game, I can't wait for the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Half Time Show. The only problem is that I want ALL of them. It's great to know that all of those sweeties will be going to their furever homes after the festivities.

I can't wait for Puppy Bowl either! I love the water dish camera -- the puppies always make me laugh! Kitten halftime is sooo cute!

Bibette & Lulu
01-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi, All - Mom1 has given us the go ahead and we're ready to fly. I (Lulu) have my travel basket and Bibette has her blanket.

Are we joining the catmobile or do we need to get our train reservations?!?!?

GO PATS!!!

Pinot's Mom
01-28-2012, 08:48 AM
No worries, Bibette & Lulu - the catmobile has you on the schedule! See you soon!

Purrs,

Pinot

momcat
01-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Okay fellow kitties, We're in countdown now! I arranged for the Catmobile to be at my place sometime Wednesday afternoon so we can get an early start. Anyone who wants to can stay at my place until it's time to hit the road plus the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe will cater breakfast while they stock the Catmobile with lots of our favorite treats.

It's not too late to check in, there's still plenty of room. For those coming in early, take the AMTRACK to Trenton or fly into Philadelphia or Newark and you'll be picked up! I can't wait to see all of you again!!!

Your friend,
Groucho

momoffuzzyfaces
01-28-2012, 06:08 PM
My bunch are ready to go any time you give the ok. They will probably fly into Philly. I only hope they can afford the luggage fees. :D:love:

cassiesmom
01-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Dear Kitty Friends, meowm and I haz a problem. Our oldest niece's husband was born and raised in Mew Jersey and is a huge New York Giants fan. But one of meowm's good friends from grad school now lives in Massachusetts and is a big Patriots fan. We can't root for da Bears, cos they aren't playing! What to do? We can't really root against either team. We will just root for a good game, tons of fun with Puppy Bowl and Kitten Halftime, and a great time with our kitty friends.

Lubz,
:love: Cassie and Elyse

momcat
01-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Dear Kitty Friends, meowm and I haz a problem. Our oldest niece's husband was born and raised in Mew Jersey and is a huge New York Giants fan. But one of meowm's good friends from grad school now lives in Massachusetts and is a big Patriots fan. We can't root for da Bears, cos they aren't playing! What to do? We can't really root against either team. We will just root for a good game, tons of fun with Puppy Bowl and Kitten Halftime, and a great time with our kitty friends.

Lubz,
:love: Cassie and Elyse

Hi Cassie, There's nothing to be concerned about. I'm a Giants fan because Soncat is, Meowmie only cheers for the Giants to keep peace in the house - she doesn't like football. The primary reason we're all going is to have a good time with good friends. Hi Auntie Elyse!

Your friend,
Groucho

katladyd
01-30-2012, 11:43 PM
My boys say don't worry about loyalties to any team. In my house, we are die-hard Steeler fans, but we like the Giants over the Pats. My entire house is into basketball right now, though. We love the Lakers and the Clippers.

slick
01-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Has anyone heard from Merlin??? He usually send me a text but I've heard nothing. Sparkler, do you have him hidden away somewhere?

cassiesmom
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Edwina, I think the beads are a very good choice since Mardi Gras is coming up in a couple of weeks!

Cassie would like to know if the kitties can visit Monument Circle and maybe the Indianapolis Zoo. She hopes the Indy Zoo will have horsies :) She would love to go to the Motor Speedway if it isn't closed for the winter.

(seriously: I'd LOVE to buzz down to Indy for all the Super Bowl hoopla! It's less than half a day's drive from here. It sounds like so much fun and I bet it is doing great things for the city's economy.)

phesina
02-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Don 't worry, Slick... Merlin is here. He and Sparkler have been cuddling together in her special little hideaway under the bed. They'll soon all be on the way to Indy in the Catmobile for the Super Bowl.

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Dear All,

I think I am too embarrassed to attend. My secretary told me Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints.

Doesn't she know ANYTHING about this game??? I don't know if I have time to redo my wardrobe!

Redfaced,

Edwina/es

RICHARD
02-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Ed is ready for the game.

He is taking his favorite pillow.

do not laugh at him.

slick
02-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Don 't worry, Slick... Merlin is here. He and Sparkler have been cuddling together in her special little hideaway under the bed. They'll soon all be on the way to Indy in the Catmobile for the Super Bowl. Oh I'm so glad to hear this. I'll have to give him a talking to when he gets home. Meowmie does worry when he travels. I'll call him on his catberry later today. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
02-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Richard, not to worry. The catmobile kitties never laugh at other kitties. My Angel was afraid they would laugh at her crooked tail. She was so happy to find all kitties excepted unconditionally.

They might want to share his pillow however. :love:

Pinot's Mom
02-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Dear All,

I think I am too embarrassed to attend. My secretary told me Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints.

Doesn't she know ANYTHING about this game??? I don't know if I have time to redo my wardrobe!

Redfaced,

Edwina/es

It's OK, Edwina, I'll be representing the Ravens - you can represent whoever you want and you'll be gorgeous! :)

cassiesmom
02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
It's OK, Edwina, I'll be representing the Ravens - you can represent whoever you want and you'll be gorgeous! :)

Pinot, if you are representing the Ravens, then Cassie is going to represent da Bears :)

momcat
02-02-2012, 06:52 PM
A message came from Groucho and Inka a short while ago. The crew is on their way with just a few more kitties to pick up. All the bagpipes are safely stored away along with Groucho's fiddle. The weather so far is good and the traffic is light. Everyone can't wait to visit the Superbowl Park and try some of the games and activities. No CDs are playing, Nelson is entertaining everyone with his beautiful Irish songs and Sparkler was putting her dancing shoes on. Snacks are still in good supply. Groucho said they'll contact their purrents along the way. So far there's typical football trash-talking but it's all in fun.

Fellow purrents, please let us know if you hear from your traveller?

Bibette & Lulu
02-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Fellow purrents, please let us know if you hear from your traveller?

Mom2 here - Lulu checked in last night - Bittie is a little homesick - the pipers did a little warm up and she really freaked!!! Lulu, though, who is our music lover, enjoyed Nelson's Irish songs. Bibette should be better when she can get out and run (or more accurately ZING) around.

Thanks for letting them join in. Bibette will share some of her comforter for some of the pillow if Ed will share.

GO PATS!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
My gang checked in this morning. Seems they are having tons of fun with their friends and didn't want to be bothered with a boring thing like texting mom last night. :love:

phesina
02-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Mine called (collect, of course) today.. They are all having the greatest time! Over the phone I got to hear the pipers piping, the Irish-singer singing, the fiddler fiddling, the dancer(s?) dancing..

Pinot's Mom
02-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Catberry mobile post....

"Hi Meowm! Looks like we're going to be OK for the Superbowl on weather. Did you see us on ESPN?? The kitties were invited to a taping - so much going on! We had special pizza in the Superbowl village, shopping - there's a WHOLE VILLAGE, lots of music, there's a ball tonight we got invites to, a flag football game tomorrow, we'll be on the stage again tomorrow with a band called "Twin Cats", another party and fireworks on Saturday night (yes, we'll make sure to watch them from the Catmobile, I know, fireworks are scary), then Sunday it's a prayer breakfast, a VIP kick off party, and a private box for the game. WHEW! Miss you, Mom!

Purrs,
Pinot"

katladyd
02-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Well, my three have finally checked in with me tonight. This is what I saw. Dear Meowmie, :p;):D:eek::):cool: I guess they're having a good time.

momcat
02-05-2012, 07:23 PM
We just got a call from Groucho. He said they had a blast at the Superbowl Park. Merlin, Chuck, Cassie, Nelson, and Sophie LOVED riding on the zip line; Chip is quite a place kicker; they all did well passing and pretending to be quarterbacks. Before game time the kitty kontingent had a chance to run around the field and it was a great chance for them to work off some excess energy.

After the Puppy Bowl & Kitten Half Time Show, the hamster pilots took them to the stadium in the Ice Breaker Blimp. Groucho said the view was awesome! Groucho, Chels, Franklin, and Angel were thrilled when Eli Manning gave them a pat on their heads as they toured the locker rooms. During the half-time show the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet and Scottish dancer made Madonna look like an amateur. More parties to go to after the game.

cassiesmom
02-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Text from Cassie

Hi Meowm
We met Eli
And you haznt, ha haa
We iz having a Blast
Lubz
Cassie

katladyd
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Just got a text from the boys: Giants won! Yay!!! Eli is kewl!!!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-06-2012, 01:03 PM
:eek:What was my Angel doing in a locker room?????? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bibette & Lulu
02-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Furrkids checked in this morning - TIRED!!! Ready to head home. I think I was more disappointed that the Pats lost than they were - too many fun things going on, I don't think they saw that much of the game itself!! Lulu was ready to show the pups how it's really done - she could run rings around them on her little short legs :D:D Bibette tried to join in with the zip line crew - but it was just too new and scary :eek::eek: (she never has done well with new and scary - surprised she even went on this trip - although she seems to have adopted the attitude if Lulu can do it, so can I :):) ). Wish they were coming home with the trophy - maybe next year. Thanks, Catmobile Kitties, for letting them join in.

B&L's Mom2

momcat
02-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Catmobile Kitties, for letting them join in. B&L's Mom2

Our Catmobile kitties are always making plans for another get-away, in fact they'll most likely be planning something on their way home. From what I've heard, Bibette and Lulu fit right in with the rest of the travellers and are welcome to join in anytime! When they get home, you can expect two exhausted kitties.

katladyd
02-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Well, Valentine's Day, Spring Break, and the Derby are right around the corner, sort of. I know of a few kittie couples who may have already made plans for V-Day.:love:

phesina
02-07-2012, 04:41 AM
And aren't we going to see the Oscars.. in Hollywood, Canada, and Scotland?

phesina
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I saw Nelson last night. He said he finally got up his courage and declared his love to his heartthrob kittie sweetie (who still remains anonymous).. but she turned him down. She told him, "Our love can never be, my dearest, because I am promised to another." He was heartbroken.

But soon he was noticing another, a new Catmobile traveler.. And now he has the biggest crush on Bibette, he says! He is just worshiping her from afar at this point, afraid of getting burned again.

But he hopes that she is not also already sworn for, and he is working on learning a little French, perhaps a few French songs, in time for the next trip..

AND he also was watching her cute sister Lulu, who was enjoying his Sean Nos singing so much!

So this has been quite a memorable trip for Nelson.. Heartbreaks and heartaches all at once! :love::love::love:

phesina
02-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Meanwhile, has Sparkler ever been strange the last few days...

Last weekend she was on a hunger strike.. wasn't the least bit interested in food from Friday afternoon until Monday evening. I was trying all kinds of yummy cat goodies on her. If she didn't start eating in the next day or two, a vet trip was on the agenda.

But Tuesday evening she scarfed down some of her Trader Joe's Tuna for Cats, and her appetite has been back in full force.

AND... she has just blossomed since then! Up until now she has spent most of her time in the bedroom, keeping to herself and usually out of site. She'd come out among the others around meal time and wait for me to bring her food back to her special eating place, next to the bed.

But now she comes out into the living room a lot, hangs around with the others, even comes up on my lap some times! She has NEVER been this outgoing before.

It finally dawned on me what has been going on with her: The reason she wasn't eating all weekend was because that WASN'T her, it was her Avatar standing in for her while she was off at the Superbowl. (She hasn't got it trained to eat yet; the simulacra of the other cats eat just like their Original Models.)

Then on Monday night she was back with all the others, and they all ate just fine.

As for her new gregariousness and conviviality, I think her love affair with Merlin has reached a new level of commitment. Are they perhaps engaged now?.. just in time for Valentine's Day! :love::love::love::love::love:

Slick, how has Merlin been since he got home?

Pinot's Mom
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I saw Nelson last night. He said he finally got up his courage and declared his love to his heartthrob kittie sweetie (who still remains anonymous).. but she turned him down. She told him, "Our love can never be, my dearest, because I am promised to another." He was heartbroken.

But soon he was noticing another, a new Catmobile traveler.. And now he has the biggest crush on Bibette, he says! He is just worshiping her from afar at this point, afraid of getting burned again.

But he hopes that she is not also already sworn for, and he is working on learning a little French, perhaps a few French songs, in time for the next trip..

AND he also was watching her cute sister Lulu, who was enjoying his Sean Nos singing so much!

So this has been quite a memorable trip for Nelson.. Heartbreaks and heartaches all at once! :love::love::love:

I do so hope Pinot wasn't involved in this heartbreak - I'll have to see if I can get anything out of her. She hasn't mentioned her beau Rocco in a bit...I'm sure everything is fine and I'm just a nervous Mom.

Does Bibette have a beau?

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
At least we know it wasn't Angel he had his eyes on. As far as I know, she is not spoken for. She might have her eye on someone but I'm not sure who it is, if she does. :love: