PDA

View Full Version : A quiet Thursday #464

RICHARD
01-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone.

Hope you are all well and I am opening the bar a little later than usual.

come in and sit by the fire.
Done!

Karen
01-15-2012, 08:47 PM
I would love to sit by the fire, it's cold out, and that sounds nice and relaxing. Cocoa, please!
(In real life to much to do, but I can pretend part of me is there!)

slick
01-15-2012, 09:10 PM
It's freezing here and according to the weather channel, we are to have snow most of the week with 10-15 cm on Wednesday. Merlin and I have been propped up by the fire and today I made some ham and pea soup. Any takers??? I even have garlic croutons and a cheeze plate. Dig in everyone.

Prayers for Gini. :love:

Karen
01-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Soup sounds marvelous, thanks! I'll help myself, you can stay by the fire!

Pinot's Mom
01-16-2012, 07:57 AM
I'll have soup later - anyone for coffee and scones?

Queen of Poop
01-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Could I get a hot chocolate please??? It's -25oC here, the wind chill is -35oC. My office is freezing cold. Wish I were home under a blanket with the kitties.

Karen
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Could I get a hot chocolate please??? It's -25oC here, the wind chill is -35oC. My office is freezing cold. Wish I were home under a blanket with the kitties.

I'll pour you some hot chocolate, don't worry. Sounds like what you could use is a present I got my sister-in-law and her husband for Christmas. This local artist makes mugs that are designed so your finger fit inside the wall of the mug, instead of there being a handle, so when you fill the mug with something hot, it'll keep your hand warm holding it! They are really neat, an ingenious idea!

Queen of Poop
01-16-2012, 10:39 AM
I'll pour you some hot chocolate, don't worry. Sounds like what you could use is a present I got my sister-in-law and her husband for Christmas. This local artist makes mugs that are designed so your finger fit inside the wall of the mug, instead of there being a handle, so when you fill the mug with something hot, it'll keep your hand warm holding it! They are really neat, an ingenious idea!

That is a fabulous mug idea Karen! Would sure work out today. We're to have these temps all week so tomorrow I'm bringing my fingerless gloves to wear all day if they can't get the heat going.

cassiesmom
01-16-2012, 11:56 AM
It's 45F (7C) in Chicago today. Warm enough to get the car washed. Here, I will put on some decaf coffee.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-16-2012, 03:35 PM
I'll just sit here and wait for the weather change they say is coming. It's in the mid 60s now but is going to drop like a rock by about 40 degrees by tonight with a north wind. It might get up to freezing tomorrow if we are lucky. Crazy Kansas weather!!! :love:

I'd love some iced green tea if there is any. :love:

DJFyrewolf36
01-17-2012, 02:28 AM
Hey guys, it has been a while and I wanted to stop in. Life has been down, it's been up and I feel mostly sideways.

Think I'll just sit here and take a load off and sip a DOTT for old times sake.

:love: to all!

Lady's Human
01-17-2012, 04:38 AM
Welcome back to the bar. Sideways ain't bad, especially is it's sideways on the sofa.

Any requests for drinks? I'm making some coffee, let me know what you want.

Karen
01-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Hot cocoa with cinnamon and marshmallows! We finally got snow! Just a little, but it is snow! First we've had since October!

Lady's Human
01-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Hot cocoa it is! I'd send you some snow, but we're getting a nasty cold rain at the moment, I'd rather have the white stuff.

Queen of Poop
01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Could I get in on that hot cocoa too please!!! Still no heat in my or my bosses offices. It's -30oC outside, the wind chill is -38oC and it's not a whole lot warmer inside right now!!!

Lady's Human
01-17-2012, 01:58 PM
More hot chocolate? Not a problem!

It's a good day to cuddle with the fuzzbutts here, cold, rainy and blah.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Hot coco sounds like just the thing. It's sunny but only 34 degrees and WINDY here today. :love:

RICHARD
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Hey all,

Had an interesting day.

Woke up and the power went out.
The power goes back on and the tube is interrupted by tornado warnings and the sirens go off and on for about .5 hours.

(I kinda miss Cali, those earthquakes don't give you any warning....:eek:)

The power went off again and it was windy and cold for most of the day.

All in all?

Let's drink something hot and I'll get the Orc to stoke up the fireplace
DONE?

Karen
01-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Mulled cider? I'm guessing Irish coffee for a certain brudder of mine ...

RICHARD
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Mulled cider? I'm guessing Irish coffee for a certain brudder of mine ...

Mulled cider and a 'thank you' for reminding me of moving to an area of America that has 'weather'.

Hot cocoa, Irish coffee and pastries?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Richard, glad to see you are ok. I was watching the weather channel when the tornado warning was issued for you all. Lots of prayers were sent up from this yellow house on the prairie. :love:

RICHARD
01-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Richard, glad to see you are ok. I was watching the weather channel when the tornado warning was issued for you all. Lots of prayers were sent up from this yellow house on the prairie. :love:

I asked my roomie if she had a pair of ruby red slippers and she told me, with the straightest face, "Don't worry, you have always had the power to go back home.."

The only thing that was unnerving was the "air raid sirens" that went off for about 20 minutes.

Being a 'child of the 60's' I grew up on the duck and cover warnings and it was a really strange experience.

No damage in our area, but thak goodness no one was hurt or killed.

I'll drink to that?

A round for the bar!

Done.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Ya, might want to get you a hard hat Richard. Spring hasn't even started yet. :love: