PDA

View Full Version : Recommending a new litter

jenluckenbach
01-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Has anyone tried Purr & Simple litter?

http://www.purrandsimple.com/

I really like it (I use the clumping type)

It comes in clumping and non-clumping.

I gave up clay litters a while ago, mostly because of the weight. Too heavy to tote in the house, and too heavy when you put out the garbage.
I had been using clumping pine. And I liked it, but for whatever reason the last few bags did not seem to have the same quality. More dusty, less strong clumps which allowed the litter to begin to stink a lot sooner and all after they raised the price.

So I humted for another non clay clumping litter and found this.

I clumps great. It smells fresh (Not a perfume scent, which I totally hate) but rather an earthy smell, like clean, fresh garden soil. It sifts well, and no dust. Time will tell about how well it keeps odor down as it ages (I try not to dump the litter, only add to it.)

So if anyone needs to find something new, this comes highly recommended.

BTW, it is also eco-friendly. Comes from a quickly renewable source, can be flushed (not that I do that) and can even be composted, which I might try after the winter is over.

catmandu
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM
We have not seen that variety in Canada as yet Jen, but we will see if anyone carries it.
How have you Charles and Your Cats been , we have not heard from you in a while. There are Four Mew Found Cats:love: and a Kitten:love: now, we are Nine Found Cats.
We are praying that all is well with you;)

katladyd
01-15-2012, 02:59 PM
I will look for it. Thanks for the tip!

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I think I've seen it before at Pet Club but I haven't tried it. Every time I try a different litter, I keep coming back to Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Unscented Clumping Litter. I hope it'll work out for you. Good luck.:)

maerlyn
01-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the tip. I've never seen it, but if I do, I may give it a try. I'm using Feline Pine and like it - so do the cats. I'd dearly love to find a nonclay litter that doesn't track, but I don't think one exists.