PDA

View Full Version : Luke's a handfull (pic)

kaycountrygal
01-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Here's my boy Luke. He's a handful; I mean arm full LOL. He will tolerate being picked up but doesnt really like it. 18 lbs of him (was 27)

Also here's Luke and LilGirl, nearly touching. This is a big event (smile).

cassiesmom
01-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Luke is so fluffy and handsome! Way to go, Luke and Lil Girl :)!

phesina
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
My goodness, he is an armful! And the two of them are so sweet together. Thank you.

happylabs
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Oh so cute the two of them hanging out together. Love it!

sallyandsnowx
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
What a big, fluffy boy! They both are precious together. :D

kuhio98
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Luke sure is gorgeous!

Willy is about 18 pounds and he hates to be picked up too. I wonder if it's uncomfortable because he's tubby? :p

katladyd
01-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Ming is 26 lbs. and doesn't care to be picked up at all! My other two, 6 & 7 lbs. love it! Maybe it does have something to do with their size.:confused:

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2012, 01:15 AM
He's so gorgeous and he does make LilGirl look little.:) My Ziggy weighs between 14-15lbs and she's the largest of my cats in the weight department. She hates being picked up. Storm is the longest cat and is probably 13-14lb range and he's always hated to be picked up. Alani loves to be picked up for his daily hugs and he probably weighs in 12-13lb range.

pomtzu
01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Luke is a gorgeous armload!!! - and LilGirl is such a little cutie. I'll bet LilGirl would love to get a little closer and snuggle in that long soft fur. Talk about a warm and fuzzy blanket........:D

lvpets2002
01-10-2012, 11:13 AM
:love: WoW that Handsome Gent is a Arm Full for sure.. Adorable..

GILL
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
He is a handsome boy. My Mits is about 18lb. and the one I have to share a chair with, but Timmy our 1 eyed cat is 26lb. loves to sit on your lap and Cindy 28lb. and 3 steps tall sitting. They all love to be picked up and cuddled. Timmy will do it as soon as you sit down.

GILL
01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
He is a handsome boy. My Mits is about 18lb and my boy (dad) and the one I have to share a chair with, but Timmy our 1 eyed cat is 26lb and a mama's boy. loves to sit on your lap and Cindy 28lb. and 3 steps tall sitting. They all love to be picked up and cuddled. Timmy will on moms lap as soon as she sits.

kaycountrygal
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks everyone for looking and commenting about Luke and LilGirl. Yes, I think his size makes it somewhat uncomfy for him to be picked up. We have noticed that it we hold him under his front legs and under his hind legs (and not put our hands exactly under his belly) he doesnt mind it as much.

I enjoyed reading and seeing your cats and how they react to being picked up. Some of you have cats bigger than Luke; all of them are beautiful. My Luke feels so much better and is more active since he lost 9 lbs (the size of a cat).

Yes, I think LilGirl would love to cuddle with Luke. When LilGirl was a puppy (she's 3.5 yrs old) she actually laid on top of Luke when he was asleep but he started hissing at her and now she doesnt do that... but I think she would love to get real real close... but I dont think that will ever happen.

kaycountrygal
01-10-2012, 02:26 PM
To make it clearer:

We have noticed that if we hold him near his front legs and under his hind FEET (not legs) (and not put our hands exactly under his belly) he doesnt mind it as much.

lizbud
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
To make it clearer:

We have noticed that if we hold him near his front legs and under his hind FEET (not legs) (and not put our hands exactly under his belly) he doesnt mind it as much.

I knew what you meant.:) I think they are more comfortable when they
feel fully supported.

Luke is a gorgeous kitty. I really like he & LilGirl snoozing so close to
each other.:)

cassiesmom
05-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Cross-posting this adorable video of Luke kitty and his little sister Sissy ...

Tues May 29 2012

Hi Folks,
Here are some photos & two videos featuring Sissy.

Sissy getting a tummy rub http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqPrMsr-JiY

Sissy playing with Luke cat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYBy6nKQ6lU

catmandu
05-30-2012, 09:26 AM
When I saw Luke and L'il Girl together it was so touching:love::love:
Like Moose the MagnfiCat :love::love:I bet that Luke is just purrfect for lying on, being a Big Furry Living Warm Blanket:love::love:

momcat
06-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Luke is an absolutely gorgeous, fuzzy, armload of love! The picture of Luke with LilGirl is adorable, maybe one of these days they will snuggle together. Sending lots of lovies to both of your sweeties! :love: :love: