PDA

View Full Version : New "My Cat From Hell" Episode!!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to remind you that tonight at 8pm on Animal Planet will be the first new episode of "My Cat From Hell". I enjoyed all of them last year and I'm sure that I'll also enjoy this years too.:)

Karen
01-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Oh, I was afraid one of your cats gave you one! Whew! That's a relief!

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Oh, I was afraid one of your cats gave you one! Whew! That's a relief!
LOL Well sometimes they do. There's never a dull moment around here.:)

Taz_Zoee
01-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Bruce changed our channel line up so I no longer get animal planet. :(

lizbud
01-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Bruce changed our channel line up so I no longer get animal planet. :(

So who died and made him boss? :p Change it back. :)

I'm thought the same as Karen, that one of yours was acting up.:D
Didn't watch the first season, but I'll tune it for the 2nd.

momcat
01-07-2012, 06:50 PM
At first, Groucho the Lawyer was wondering if he would be called upon to help one of his kitty pals. We both are relieved to know your kitty krew is behaving.

Thanks for the heads-up! I've never seen this one and will be sure to watch.

Sending lots of lovies to your adorable fur crew :love:

slick
01-07-2012, 11:09 PM
I can't get the animal planet. :(

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2012, 11:32 PM
I was able to watch it at 6pm because I'm on the West Coast so many times I can watch things twice.:) It's not on at 8pm here though. A rerun of Pit Boss was on. I looked it up on tv guide and it said it'll be on at 10pm. They'll also show one of the shows from the first season after it.

He was able to help two more cats and their families which was great.:) He didn't seem to be as hands on though as he's been in the past. I don't want to spoil anything for any one who hasn't watched it yet but I can't believe how naive the first couple were about their female cat. If they even took her to their vet, I'm sure the vet would've informed them about what to do.

Taz_Zoee
01-07-2012, 11:38 PM
So who died and made him boss? :p Change it back. :)

LOL, he pays for the TV. :) He did ask which channels I couldn't live without, but I guess AP didn't cross my mind.

pomtzu
01-08-2012, 06:05 AM
I watched it for the 1st time last night - also saw a show from last season with Duff, the white cat who was a real terror. The new show with Larry - now wasn't she the ultimate "cat from hell"??? I can't believe either that she was 3 years old and still had all of her original equipment. Obviously her humans knew absolutely nothing about cat behavior and why they act like they do. :rolleyes:

catmandu
01-08-2012, 12:38 PM
I gave up cable when it got to be the same as a big bag of Cat Food and there was nothing to watch.:cool:

Karen
01-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Poor Larry's people seemed to not have the first clue how to be cat people, I am glad she got help!

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2012, 04:50 PM
I watched it for the 1st time last night - also saw a show from last season with Duff, the white cat who was a real terror. The new show with Larry - now wasn't she the ultimate "cat from hell"??? I can't believe either that she was 3 years old and still had all of her original equipment. Obviously her humans knew absolutely nothing about cat behavior and why they act like they do. :rolleyes:

Poor Larry's people seemed to not have the first clue how to be cat people, I am glad she got help!

I totally agree. I was shocked to learn that not only was she not spayed but that they didn't know that this could be contibuting to her bad behavior. Like I said before, if they even took her to a vet,you'd think that their vet would have told them all about how spaying and neutering would help their cat in the long run with both health and personality problems.

Another thing I don't get is that you can look up and research almost anything on the internet. You'd think that they would've tried to find what was causing these problems in their cat.:rolleyes: I'm just so glad that she's now spayed and doing much better.:)

luvofallhorses
01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure I believe in cat behaviorists, honestly because they have an attitude, naturally. Larry was pretty bad.. I thought Angel was a cat from hell.. guess not after I saw Larry. :eek: Oh and Wolfie at my shelter should be on that episode..omg she is evil LOL. A little like Larry. Who names a female cat Larry any ways?

I thought a lot of her negative energy came from that dude that owns her because he would drop her and hit her. It definately was interesting to see a cat behaviorist. Looks like Ruby hated that girl. Did it ever work out? I didn't catch all of it.

ETA: Angel is pretty much an "angel" compared to all of those cats..

mrspunkysmom
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Oh that kitty had to be miserable.

mrspunkysmom
01-09-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure I believe in cat behaviorists, honestly because they have an attitude, naturally. Larry was pretty bad.. I thought Angel was a cat from hell.. guess not after I saw Larry. :eek: Oh and Wolfie at my shelter should be on that episode..omg she is evil LOL. A little like Larry. Who names a female cat Larry any ways?

I thought a lot of her negative energy came from that dude that owns her because he would drop her and hit her. It definately was interesting. Looks like Ruby hated that girl. Did it ever work out? I didn't catch all of it.

I think a cat behaviorist is more a cat-person behaviorist. You can't get the cat to correct his/her behavior. You can change their environment so that they feel comfortable and behave better. And hopefully change their human's attitude so that the cat feels better.

luvofallhorses
01-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah definately! :) I am lucky my 3 cats are very NICE house cats. :) I also said Angel could be on there.. but she isn't THAT bad. She is super sweet but drives me crazy half the time LOL.

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2012, 01:09 AM

I thought a lot of her negative energy came from that dude that owns her because he would drop her and hit her. It definately was interesting to see a cat behaviorist. Looks like Ruby hated that girl. Did it ever work out? I didn't catch all of it.

The couple said they named her Larry because they thought she was a male cat at first and then when they found out that she was a female she still acted more like a Larry so they kept it. Yes, the guy shouldn't have been hitting Larry and the cat behaviorist also told him that he should never hit her.

In the end Ruby did learn to get along much better with the woman. They put up shelving and bought her a cat tree and the cat behaviorist even had a small pilate table made for Ruby so she wouldn't keep trying to hang out on the big pilate table. Ruby was able to watch the woman's clients so she didn't have to be locked in the bedroom.:)

GILL
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Our "ROZ" got her name the same way as LARRY. she was so small when we found her, at a motel in Roscoe, N.Y. we didn't know, a couple of weeks later we found out the she was a ROZ not a ROSCOE. We have had cats from “hell” but with a bit of care and learning what they what and like, they will come a round.
I hate to say it but we do keep the spray bottle all over the house.
One of our new fosters got his 1st shot last night, he has been in the house 6 weeks. He went after one of the others so I shot. He backed off about 3 ft and couldn't figure out what happened. My Lucky and Bailey hate the bottles, I just have to reach and they stop what their doing. They also knew that when they behave they get more loving then they can stand.
With the number that we have in house there will always be disagreements, but they all learn that if it gets out of hand then dad steps in.
House rules are:
1. When dad says "NO" he means it. 3 NO's and you get wet.
2. Nails are not used, except for climbing.
3. When dad says ”I’m EATING" leave him alone.
4. Playing is encouraged, but no nails and no bits, see rule 1
5. last but not lest: no one is allowed in the basement or the attic( dads stuff, sharp and fragile) The rest of the house is wide open, beds, chairs, windows cat trees (all 3, and the big windows (4 over 8 ft wide) have cat shelves on them)

snakemama
01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't get AP, but even watching the small clips of this show I can find on youtube makes my blood pressure rise. "I feel betrayed by her because I rescued her and she should be greateful!" WTH?

It also makes me thankful that the worst we've had to deal with was a little peeing which turned out to be solvable with some clomicalm for a short period.